Can't lock phone and can't use a new keyboard

Search This thread

curryinaninstant

Aug 11, 2012
Hi all. I'm on NC5 rooted and have two problems.

The first is that I can't set up a lock on my phone. All of the options are grayed out and it says that it has been"turned off by administrators, encryption policy or credential storage. Except none of the apps in the administrator section (android device manager or samsung knox) have been enabled, there is no encryption policy, and when I uninstall all certificates, the problem still remains.

The second is that the phone keeps reverting back to the samsung keyboard. After I set swiftkey as the default, it just switches back to samsung. Swiftkey isn't being greenified or anything else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Hi all. I'm on NC5 rooted and have two problems.

The first is that I can't set up a lock on my phone. All of the options are grayed out and it says that it has been"turned off by administrators, encryption policy or credential storage. Except none of the apps in the administrator section (android device manager or samsung knox) have been enabled, there is no encryption policy, and when I uninstall all certificates, the problem still remains.

The second is that the phone keeps reverting back to the samsung keyboard. After I set swiftkey as the default, it just switches back to samsung. Swiftkey isn't being greenified or anything else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Are you running safestrap?

sent by safestrap enabled bajarom

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
OK can you clear credentials at the bottom of the security page?

Try freezing the Samsung keyboard to get your phone to stick to swift key.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

jmgib

Jun 24, 2010
Covington
The issue you are having regarding the lock screen is common and if you read the comments on Surge ' s thread you will find your solution. You will need to comment out a line in your build.prop.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk