[Q] Flashing Help- Non-Responsive Black Screen

Search This thread

astralweeks

May 10, 2010
I just got a "new" phone through Asurion with the stock 4.4.2 update. I rooted with towelroot, installed busybox, and installed safestrap. I have flashed roms a million times but now after flashing it boots into a non responsive black screen. I tried different roms as well and no luck. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

tlipitli

Jun 23, 2014
bridgetown
try the old """" press power -remove and replace the battery after waiting 30 seconds and press vol up plus home plus power to boot into recovery move " , at least, it may get you to boot up to the Logo,
which, you can boot into download mode then.....they were talking about a fix for this here
If you're on Stock Odexed NC4 (VZW OTA), flash NC4 kernel to boot normally!
... with SS installed on a replace ...it ...sounds like your cache image is corrupting your boot...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53741876 <------ theres a talk on this here <-----
the latest SS 3.75 allows a -rf under advanced settings for a "really full clean"

Last edited:

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
try the old """" press power -remove and replace the battery after waiting 30 seconds and press vol up plus home plus power to boot into recovery move " , at least, it may get you to boot up to the Logo,
which, you can boot into download mode then.....they were talking about a fix for this here
... with SS installed on a replace ...it ...sounds like your cache image is corrupting your boot...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53741876 <------ theres a talk on this here <-----
the latest SS 3.75 allows a -fs under advanced settings for a "really full clean"

Where are you seeing the -fs option?

You ca do a full clean wipe of the internal sdcard by doing this in SS:

In SS recovery go to "Advanced" > "Teminal Command" > Scroll down and tap "sdcard" > at the bottom right hit "Select" > then type the following command and hit "Go".

rm -rf ./*

Last edited:

tlipitli

Jun 23, 2014
bridgetown
getting ahead of yourself.

Where are you seeing the -fs option?

You ca do a full clean wipe of the internal sdcard by doing this in SS:

In SS recovery go to "Advanced" > "Teminal Command" > Scroll down and tap "sdcard" > at the bottom right hit "Select" > then type the following command and hit "Go".

rm -rf ./*
ugggh! commands....

there will be day when humans do everything simply by pushing a button... for now, we have to get past the boot loop issue as presented in this post ... just know, for next time,....3.75 ....has an option...

excerpt from Hash Blog
###
Terminal Command: Also very handy for those once in a while moments when you have to do something via terminal but don’t have adb handy. USE WITH CAUTION
Settings:
Here you can turn on and off signature verification of .zip files
Force MD5 sum checks on .zip files prior to flashing
“Use rm -rf instead of formatting” will always be checked so that Safestrap will not break partition signatures on locked devices
There are a few other checkbox options in here. Please know what you are doing.
Simulate most actions for theme testing. If you have this checked, Safestrap/TWRP will not perform most actions but show the dialog boxes so you can review theme elements. If you turn this on, it STAYS ON till you turn it off. And will show “SIMULATING ACTIONS” up top.
Set the Time Zone (use “Set Time Zone” button after choosing which time zone you want)
Restore Defaults. Use this to reset all options back to default as it came when you installed for the first time. Does not erase backups or ROM-slots, tho it might change the active slot.
###
http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/how-to-safestrap/

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 11

astralweeks

May 10, 2010
Solved!!

I flashed the rom then went straight to download mode without rebooting first then I flashed nc2kernel.tar.md5 through odin BAM!

Thanks for the help everyone!