[Q] Restoring stock recovery on Galaxy tab 2 7.0 p3110

Search This thread

abraham93

Oct 24, 2012
Surabaya
Samsung firmware, Just go to sammobile page. Almost all samsung firmware can be downloaded there. Free of charge.
Just register yourself.

Xdevillived666

Feb 29, 2012
Massy
Google Pixel 6
Ive installed cwm recovery to root but have decided to prepare myself if i need to send back for warranty issues.

Ive read through all the threads but cant find a solution.

I need to restore my tab 2 7.0 p3110 back to the stock recovery and remove cwm recovery.

Please can someone help and give me some directions and relevant stock recovery zip so I can do this.

Thanks.

James

Anyway you could help me out? I have a p3110 and Ive tried restoring stock recovery/image through odin,but odin keeps failing with red. Iwipe data and cache and reboot ,but cwm is still there no matter what I do. Please help :)

zunga

Nov 15, 2012
Goiânia
Anyway you could help me out? I have a p3110 and Ive tried restoring stock recovery/image through odin,but odin keeps failing with red. Iwipe data and cache and reboot ,but cwm is still there no matter what I do. Please help :)

I might be mistaken but I think only wipes won't cut it for you. You have to find your device's full stock rom and flash it with PC Odin in order to get rid of CWM and restore the default recovery. Not only that, you'll get your device fully stock by doing this, since flashing stock rom with PC Odin will also rewrite system data on other partitions of the tablet.

menschkismet

Jan 25, 2013
James, find attached the recovery image for p3110 (Galaxy Tab 2 7") extracted from the samsung P3110XXALD4 rom. Android 4.0.3 dated 2012 April.

fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img

flash at own risk!

MD5 checksum recovery image: 8F7C6974BDB86A88380D50E2528564C5

Hi..i really dont understand some of the terms here coz im not really that techy.. i just hope someone can help me.. i bought samsung tab p3110 and it does auto update on the sofware twice..when i open my device the screen shot feature is gone and the button icons on the screen were moved in different places. Since i havent installed much on it, i tried to reset it but the features remains the same..,maybe because the android version was changed but im not sure.. i wanna know if it is possible to revert the handset to the stock version as i first bought it.. please help me.. thank u in advance..

TomChado

Feb 16, 2014
Android system recovery 3e

hey guys,
I am new to this forum as I am new to Android. Recently a friend asked me to help restore his Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 which is stuck at 'Android System Recovery'. I have Flashed and rooted it but need its 4.0.4 Firmware to boot it.
Please advice where I can get this firmware for download.

thanks.....Tom.

martinbook85

Jan 8, 2014
Does anyone know about how to put a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100) back to stock? Odin and a zip/tar/img? Where can I find the right one? Thanks a lot!

I have tried Sailfish OS and I love it! Problem is that things I need don't work on the tab 2 yet. Therefore I would need to get back to original...

Thank you!

/Martin Book

john99ap

Sep 17, 2016
Does anyone know about how to put a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P5100) back to stock? Odin and a zip/tar/img? Where can I find the right one? Thanks a lot!

I have tried Sailfish OS and I love it! Problem is that things I need don't work on the tab 2 yet. Therefore I would need to get back to original...

Thank you!

/Martin Book
You can download stock rom from updato.
To install it use odin. If you are rooted you could also use flashfire (that way you will not need a computer at all).

Reactions: martinbook85

martinbook85

Jan 8, 2014
To install it use odin. If you are rooted you could also use flashfire (that way you will not need a computer at all).

Thanks!

I must be thick or something, but when I get to their page I can't find a way to download the desired stock rom... https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=84417B6921BA11E6949E0CC47A44B7B2

Could someone find me the download link on that page? Everything that says "download" is just adds..

john99ap

Sep 17, 2016

Attachments

• IMG_20180318_233818_720.jpg
    IMG_20180318_233818_720.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 21

martinbook85

Jan 8, 2014
This means you should first disable your adblock. If the problem continues try to download from another device or a pc.

Aha. Tried and worked in Firefox. I am using "Brave Browser" which blocks all ads. The zip folder seems to be empty.

If I use a rooted device and find a zip that works, can I just install the stock rom zip in the boot loader?

Thanks!

---------- Post added 19th March 2018 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 18th March 2018 at 11:58 PM ----------

Aha. Tried and worked in Firefox. I am using "Brave Browser" which blocks all ads. The zip folder seems to be empty.

If I use a rooted device and find a zip that works, can I just install the stock rom zip in the boot loader?

Thanks!

Suddenly, Firefox is downloading it all for me... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please can someone help and give me some directions and relevant stock recovery zip so I can do this.

Thanks.

James
    James, find attached the recovery image for p3110 (Galaxy Tab 2 7") extracted from the samsung P3110XXALD4 rom. Android 4.0.3 dated 2012 April.

fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img

flash at own risk!

MD5 checksum recovery image: 8F7C6974BDB86A88380D50E2528564C5
    Come on guys - calm it down. We all have different devices and different opinions. This thread is not about that, however.

Keep it friendly from now on or I'll start dishing out warnings.
    I need to do the same thing as you:)
    I found the correct firmware. How do i go about flashing it? Can I do so from cwm? Will it remove custom kernels as well?

If you flash a new firmware from sammobile you will need ODIN (be careful, you can brick your tab if you mess up), and it will wipe your tablet (kernel, os, etc) and return it to stock, so then you have to start from the begining

Can you tell me what an OTG cable is? I am seriously considering the nexus 7. THANKS

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium

OTG mean On-The-Go Cable. One end connects to your tablet, the other end is a USB female port that will allow you to plug in things like a USB flash drive, or DSLR camera, or Memory card reader, as long as the device power requirements are low or self powered

Here is a link to a list of OTG cables from Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...electronics&field-keywords=google+nexus+7+otg

I use an OTG cable for my Gtab2 connected to my Canon DSLR and it works great!!

Thank you!

/Martin Book
    This is where that button gets me to:
    This means you should first disable your adblock. If the problem continues try to download from another device or a pc.