Need help on Contacts and Call Log

Search This thread

prabhatnath

Mar 13, 2008
Hyderabad
prabhatnath.blogspot.com
Hello,

I am a new user of Galaxy S4 with Android 4.4.2 (first time Android user) and I have issues with the contacts how it is at present and wanted your help to get those resolved.

Note:
I have Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Skype, Exchange account, WhatsApp are synced in the device, but I have disabled Contact Sync for all of these. So now if I go to Contacts screen I can see only Device Contacts which is GOOD .

Issue 1: Search
When I search for contact in the contacts screen the search result includes contacts from Gmail, WhatsApp etc as well along with the device contacts. How can we get rid of these?
From where contact search pull these Gmail contacts even if those are not available inside contacts screen? Same happen when I search for contacts from Compose message screen.

Issue 2: Call Log
The Call Log by default include all Call Log and Message Log. We do have a View Filter where we can set ALL Calls Only and this is a temporary fix for the view to show only Call Log. Next time I open Log I see both of them. Is there a way I can fix this?

Thanks.

May 15, 2014
It's coz you must have previously synced your contatcs with Gmail / fb. Try deleting them all and adding them again from the backup. Also check the truecaller settings if any.:rolleyes:

prabhatnath

Mar 13, 2008
Hyderabad
prabhatnath.blogspot.com
It's coz you must have previously synced your contatcs with Gmail / fb. Try deleting them all and adding them again from the backup. Also check the truecaller settings if any.:rolleyes:

Thanks river-mystique, Yes when I setup the device with the Gmail ID it did auto synced contacts and later I disabled the Sync. So how can I remove all contacts and restore from backup? Or I need to factory Reset and Sync with Samsung Account? Also no True Caller.

Another question: If I factory reset and Sync with Samsung account (Where I have my contacts and SMS synced) and setup Gmail Again, will the device try to sync Gmail Contact again, as during device setup with Gmail there is no Option to disable Sync types. I think it is only available after the device is configured.

Thanks.