App to *possibly* fix the blank my apps list issue

Search This thread

ken218

Oct 13, 2010
London
Hi all,

I have a Bell Atrix and I always have the blank my apps list issue with any Blur based Gingerbread ROMs. I found that removing the Preset app fixed my problem. So I put a small app together to scan the market database to compare the list of market recognised installed apps to the available apps in the market. Users can then remove apps and the market association in the market database.

If possible, can I please have someone to help me test this app? Also, I'd imagine this app should work with any gingerbread running phones with the same problem.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.kstudio.marketfixer

Steps:
1) nandroid backup then start the app
2) Click on Load Market Data (and wait for it to finish)
3) If the app found anything, it will be added to the list
4) Select apps from the list and click on "Del Checked Entry" to delete them
5) Uninstall window will show for the selected apps, click on Uninstall
6) Open the market again, wait a bit and see if the list shows.

Thanks!!

Update1:
I found that Android Market, when starting from scratch (after deleting all the app data), downloads a list of all the apps you have ever associated to your account. If you have ever used TiBu (or the like) to associate apps you shouldn't have associated to the market, and still have the app installed, you will start to have the market problem after wipe.

Update2:
I believe the version 3.5.15 market has made this app obsolete. You can find the download link in the post below

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/download-google-play-store-apk-3-5-15/

Update3:
Uploaded version 2.0.0, for anyone still wanting to remove market links in the new market.

Last edited:

penderway

Apr 14, 2011
Mechanicsville, Va
Hi all,

I have a Bell Atrix and I always have the blank my apps list issue with any Blur based Gingerbread ROMs. I found that removing the Preset app fixed my problem. So I put a small app together to scan the market database to compare the list of market recognised installed apps to the available apps in the market. Users can then remove apps and the market association in the market database.

If possible, can I please have someone to help me test this app? Also, I'd imagine this app should work with any gingerbread running phones with the same problem.

Steps:

Thanks!!

Worked as stated. :) Nice to have this feature back. Thank you for your work and sharing.

xpanmanx

Sep 6, 2010
St. Louis
Ken218, thank you for this app.

After I ran "Load market data," a bunch of apps (meaning way more than I'd like to count) showed in the list, but nothing was checked.

Expected?

If so, how do I identify troublemakers from the list?

This is on a Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch, running Calkulin's ROM, v2.8.1.

Thank you again.

Last edited:

quick_

Jul 14, 2010
Houston
Holy s***! This works! Thank you!!

There were three apps found, none were checked, so checked them and uninstalled them, market working perfect now! You rock!

Oh and this works on stock ICS 4.0.2 (galaxy nexus gsm) so you can add this to your compatibility list.

Need to sticky this in every device forum.

Thanks again!!

Last edited:

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
holy sheep **** you are a mad genius this worked for me i have a rooted unlocked motorola photon running rocko rom joker kernel and a fistful of tweaks and my apps are listed again in the market major thanks for this

sxg75

Feb 27, 2011
I had com.motorola.contacts.preloaded as faulty app. Maybe market acts sensitively when using AT&T-Rom on INT'L Atrix in non-default locale.

Didgesteve

Nov 24, 2011
Truro
Wow, thank you very much. I had tried everything before this to fix this problem, and had given up on seeing it working again.
Well done.
Fixed on my Galaxy SII

Last edited:

sanitarium09

Aug 16, 2010
Thank you so much for this! This has annoyed me to no end for months and it's finally fixed!

On more thing. Is there any way to get the market to stop showing apps from Amazon's AppStore as "Purchased" in the market? There's a few I've gotten from the Free App of the Day that I'd like to purchase on the Android Market but am unable to because it says "Install" instead of "Purchase". When I go to install them it says something like "Cannot install because you haven't purchased it." Thanks again!

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
Thank you so much for this! This has annoyed me to no end for months and it's finally fixed!

On more thing. Is there any way to get the market to stop showing apps from Amazon's AppStore as "Purchased" in the market? There's a few I've gotten from the Free App of the Day that I'd like to purchase on the Android Market but am unable to because it says "Install" instead of "Purchase". When I go to install them it says something like "Cannot install because you haven't purchased it." Thanks again!

Uninstall the app

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

karendar

Aug 9, 2010
Montreal
Uninstall the app

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

That doesn't work. It registers the app as purchased. Same thing happens with cracked apps. If you installed one and upgraded to the latest market, you'll never be able to purchase the app again off the android market.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

There is a workaround, but it involves some messing around:

1) Uninstall targetted app
2) Freeze market auto-upater
3) Downgrade your market to 2.2.6, run market
4) search for chosen app (Don't go to my apps, that doesn't seem to work anymore)
5) buy app
6) restore new market...
7) ???????
8) Profit!

metk@

Apr 18, 2009
Warsaw
Ken you should add some cache feature.
I've deleted apps one by one to find the trobulemaker, but after every uninstall I've had to rescan again - with <10 apps it doesn't take too much time, but if search results can be stored within MarketFixer it'd speed up the whole process
EDIT: Thank You very much, market fixed (at least for a while ;) )

xpanmanx

Sep 6, 2010
St. Louis
you will need to manually check every app...
There are a lot of things in my list which are part of my ROM (Keis Air, for example).

There are also many Android Market apps for which a Market Search turns up no hits (Super Froggy and Twidroyd Pro). I guess these apps have been retired....?

At any rate there are probably 4 dozen things in my scanned list, and I'm nervous about whacking them. Any advice, sir?

ken218

Oct 13, 2010
London
There are a lot of things in my list which are part of my ROM (Keis Air, for example).

There are also many Android Market apps for which a Market Search turns up no hits (Super Froggy and Twidroyd Pro). I guess these apps have been retired....?

At any rate there are probably 4 dozen things in my scanned list, and I'm nervous about whacking them. Any advice, sir?

I'd assume you used TiBu to fix market link? Because components formed part of the ROM (Certificate Installer, Cell broadcast, etc) won't be attached to the market.

I'd say wipe the market and let it rebuild its database first (by starting the market app and let it sync/download all the things automatically).

Like you said, it is possible that some of the apps you have are retired. Also, during my tests, I found some apps where the developer decided to change the package name (xe currency) so the market became broken (doesn't cause the blank market problem though).

In the case of Atrix (and possibly other motorola devices), removing "Preset" is all its needed to fix the market.

ken218

Oct 13, 2010
London
Ken you should add some cache feature.
I've deleted apps one by one to find the trobulemaker, but after every uninstall I've had to rescan again - with <10 apps it doesn't take too much time, but if search results can be stored within MarketFixer it'd speed up the whole process
EDIT: Thank You very much, market fixed (at least for a while ;) )

Hi metk, Thanks for the advice, will retain the initial search result in the next version :) glad this works for you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Steps:

Thanks!!

Update1:
    I found that Android Market, when starting from scratch (after deleting all the app data), downloads a list of all the apps you have ever associated to your account. If you have ever used TiBu (or the like) to associate apps you shouldn't have associated to the market, and still have the app installed, you will start to have the market problem after wipe.

Update2:
    I believe the version 3.5.15 market has made this app obsolete. You can find the download link in the post below

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/download-google-play-store-apk-3-5-15/

Update3:
    Uploaded version 2.0.0, for anyone still wanting to remove market links in the new market.
    you will need to manually check every app... I will add a "select all" to the list when I update the app.
    I had com.motorola.contacts.preloaded as faulty app. Maybe market acts sensitively when using AT&T-Rom on INT'L Atrix in non-default locale.

I tried the UK retail sbf and still had the same problem on com.motorola.contacts.preloaded...
    3.5.15 is latest