Windows 7 streaming issues.

Search This thread

Vedder316

Nov 6, 2013
I have an LG G2 and am currently trying to stream videos from my windows 7 pc via Windows media player. The phone recognizes the pc/windows media player. It lets me open and view the files (thumbnails show) but when I try and play a video it freezes my phone. This only started happening after the Verizon firmware update. Once out of about 50 times it lets me play a video or two before freezing my phone. Each time it freezes i have to wait and hit the home button for the phone to become responsive again. Once that happens I cannot access the video app on my phone(nothing happens when I click it) I have to restart my phone to render the video app responsive again. I ensured I have the latest firmware on my router. Could the large library size in windows media player have anything to do with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 23, 2012
Are the files in a video format supported by your device / phone media player?

Perhaps try some different files from your PC that are in different formats, or transcode the files if need-be.

You could also try a different media player application on the device.

Vedder316

Nov 6, 2013
I've used Tversity, imediashare, windows media player all with the same results. There are files in the library that are not supported by the phone but those are not the intended viewing files.

Are the files in a video format supported by your device / phone media player?

Perhaps try some different files from your PC that are in different formats, or transcode the files if need-be.

You could also try a different media player application on the device.

gregdes52

Jan 8, 2014
I've used Tversity, imediashare, windows media player all with the same results. There are files in the library that are not supported by the phone but those are not the intended viewing files.

This simply sounds like an issue with the new Verizon firmware upgrade. I used to be in the field and have seen similar issues occur with these type of updates. My suggestion is to contact Verizon Tech Support directly to advise the issue and ask for assistance (which may require a firmware downgrade since that may be the only solution at this time).

Good luck.

:good: