Store failed to popup new updates

Search This thread

bogdan99999

Jul 4, 2012
Hello. I have lumia 520 and I have a problem with the store app. When an update is avalaible it don't show me that. I need to go to search, search for that app and there I can see "update" instead os "install" button.

What can I do in order to make it show avalaible updates?

elia222

Feb 17, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23
Hello. I have lumia 520 and I have a problem with the store app. When an update is avalaible it don't show me that. I need to go to search, search for that app and there I can see "update" instead os "install" button.

What can I do in order to make it show avalaible updates?

Your phone doesn't check the store for updates very often. Probably only like 1 time a day. But in most cases, that is plenty. So you were just in between the times it was checking for updates.

Once you go to an app though, it's like manually checking for the update, so that's why it showed up then.

Microsoft commented that it was an issue they were working on.

My suggestion is to use an app as SysApp Pusher, add all your apps and check periodically if there are updates with it.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Do you have cellular data, or another always-on Internet connection, enabled? I have heard that if the phone can't connect to the Internet at the scheduled check-for-Store-updates time, it simply skips it. If that time falls at a point when you have limited or no Internet access every day, it will never show waiting updates at all.

bogdan99999

Jul 4, 2012
Your phone doesn't check the store for updates very often. Probably only like 1 time a day. But in most cases, that is plenty. So you were just in between the times it was checking for updates.

Once you go to an app though, it's like manually checking for the update, so that's why it showed up then.

Microsoft commented that it was an issue they were working on.

My suggestion is to use an app as SysApp Pusher, add all your apps and check periodically if there are updates with it.
Ok, tnx for answer

Do you have cellular data, or another always-on Internet connection, enabled? I have heard that if the phone can't connect to the Internet at the scheduled check-for-Store-updates time, it simply skips it. If that time falls at a point when you have limited or no Internet access every day, it will never show waiting updates at all.
I heard that too, but how can I find when is that time? I cant, right?

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
apps like SysApp Pusher or Update Checker can scan and show you which apps have updates...

in SysApp Pusher you can make list of own apps to check updates... and dont forget make first scan for updates after install SysApp Pusher to retrieve current version info from store