confused with root

Search This thread

skyh1gh

May 31, 2013
Belgrade
well, here is my problem. i have or had root on my phone. since yesterday after using zoot script on 4.3 something went terribly wrong. every time i try to exit philz recovery i got a msg about fixing root which i didn't have earlier. root checker said i have root but still triangle away said that there is no root on my phone. i am not sure if bootloader has something with it. bootloader v.: n7100xxuemk9. knox warranty is 1. tried sveral times to root via dr.ketan tool v6 and odin. any suggestion? do i need mj5 bootloader? not sure anymore... :confused:

Last edited:

ddfault

Jul 19, 2010
possible root solution

I'm running 4.3 with the MJ5 bootloader and stock recovery. I have had success using saferoot to regain SuperSU and associated functionality back.

I had root with 4.1.2.
After 4.3, I sorta had partial root. Apps could be granted root, but I was unable to update SuperSU.
For me, I had to unroot the device and then use saferoot multiple times to eventually get a successful root with the latest SuperSU.
After all this, and even when I had partial root, ES File Explorer doesn't seem to be able to remount /system as RW on 4.3.
I haven't had any issue remounting /system as RW from a shell console on a PC via adb.

saferoot installed the latest SuperSU so I still don't know if I'll be able to update, but for now its current.

You can find info on saferoot here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758

best of luck,
Ddfault

skyh1gh

May 31, 2013
Belgrade
I'm running 4.3 with the MJ5 bootloader and stock recovery. I have had success using saferoot to regain SuperSU and associated functionality back.

I had root with 4.1.2.
After 4.3, I sorta had partial root. Apps could be granted root, but I was unable to update SuperSU.
For me, I had to unroot the device and then use saferoot multiple times to eventually get a successful root with the latest SuperSU.
After all this, and even when I had partial root, ES File Explorer doesn't seem to be able to remount /system as RW on 4.3.
I haven't had any issue remounting /system as RW from a shell console on a PC via adb.

saferoot installed the latest SuperSU so I still don't know if I'll be able to update, but for now its current.

You can find info on saferoot here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758

best of luck,
Ddfault

tnx, i tried and it didn't work.
what i did and what helped me is
1. zoot's script (mega wipe)
2. root with odin (before flashing rom)
3. flash rom :)

Last edited: