Nexus 5 camera problem

Search This thread

santoshrane

Jun 5, 2005
Go to nexus 5 camera>settings and change picture mode to 2meg 16:9 and then click a macro or a closeup with forced flash. Tell me what you get.

I get a white over exposed image.

Why does this happen?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Go to nexus 5 camera>settings and change picture mode to 2meg 16:9 and then click a macro or a closeup with forced flash. Tell me what you get.

I get a white over exposed image.

Why does this happen?

macro and a flash.. the flash lighting will over expose the photo from the light being too close. set the exposure to -1 or -2. generally for macro shots, i use a small led keychain flashlight instead of the flash. but -1 or -2 exposure should help.

santoshrane

Jun 5, 2005
Try it! And let me know what u get.. Don't do a macro. Just point n shoot in the dark. Its not only about macro shots. The mode 2meg 16:9 has a problem.

santoshrane

Jun 5, 2005
And yeah try the same macro or non macro shot in other modes with same flash setting

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Try it! And let me know what u get.. Don't do a macro. Just point n shoot in the dark. Its not only about macro shots. The mode 2meg 16:9 has a problem.

And yeah try the same macro or non macro shot in other modes with same flash setting

you are right, looks like a bug. ive never noticed it, ive always kept picture size to 8mp.

santoshrane

Jun 5, 2005
I wasted lot of time doing a hard reset and other stuff.. Just to find out that the mode has an issue

Reactions: b00bs

Top Liked Posts