Asus USA, Netherlands suggest TF101 Jelly Bean undecided; Asus Germany disagrees

Search This thread

gkillerx

Mar 22, 2009
Well google said the xoom wil get 4.1 and that has a tegra 2 chip in it so it should be an easy port i guess?

3ernd

Dec 12, 2010
Graz
tf101 IS getting the 4.1 update

Asus denies the rumors via their german Facebook page:

"We need do deny this clear. Our colleagues from the Netherlands have made no statement about TF101/SL101, but merely confirmed that TF201/TF300/TF700 are going to receive an update to JB. The converse, that TF101/SL101 wont get an update to JB is not true. According to current knowledge, an Android 4.1 update will come for our users of older TF101/SL101.

www#facebook#com/media/set/?set=a.345993925469635.70474.127204164015280&type=1&comment_id=2749862&offset=0&total_comments=26"

Best Regards
Bernhard

ZeroOneB

Jul 14, 2010
Translated

ASUS Germany We have to deny clear. Colleagues from the Netherlands have made no statement about TF101/SL101, but merely confirms that a Jelly Bean TF201/TF300/TF700 update be received. The converse, that is not TF101/SL101 JB update will be false and pure speculation. According to current knowledge, and users of older TF101/SL101 enjoy an Android 4.1 update will come.

German Original:
"Wir müssen dies klar dementieren. Die Kollegen aus den Niederlanden haben keine Aussage über TF101/SL101 getroffen, sondern lediglich bestätigt, dass TF201/TF300/TF700 ein Jelly Bean Update bekommen werden. Der Umkehrschluss, dass TF101/SL101kein JB Update erhalten werden, ist falsch und reine Spekulation.Nach aktuellen Kenntnisstand werden auch Nutzer der älteren TF101/SL101 in den Genuss eines Android 4.1 Updates kommen."

L

LastStandingDroid

according to asus sweden;

finns de chans att vara beta testare om jelly bean kommer till ASUS TF101 ?? =)
Like ·
ASUS Sverige Hejsan, man måste vara en aktiv medlem på xdaforums.com/ för att bli utvald. MVH, ASUS Anders

you have to be an active member on XDA-Developers to be choosen,

so jelly bean seems to be planned for asus tf101 :fingers-crossed: (i asked if there was any chance to be a beta tester on jelly bean for asus tf101)

so i don't think asus tf101 is doomed yet :D

Last edited:

sbiriguda

Feb 3, 2011
L'Aquila
(i asked if there was any chance to be a beta tester on jelly bean for asus tf101)
I hope they're planning a widespread and thorough beta testing program on XDA, the "ICS beta test" was somewhat a failure (for many reasons I won't reiterate here).

And yes, in spite of what happened with ICS I'd be more than willing to participate in such a program ;)

wingzero2085

Feb 27, 2011
I hope they're planning a widespread and thorough beta testing program on XDA, the "ICS beta test" was somewhat a failure (for many reasons I won't reiterate here).

And yes, in spite of what happened with ICS I'd be more than willing to participate in such a program ;)

Same here ... I'd love to test JB for the TF101 as well, given all the issues my TF101 has had with ICS ;).

bjarnehe

Mar 21, 2011
according to asus sweden;

finns de chans att vara beta testare om jelly bean kommer till ASUS TF101 ?? =)
Like ·
ASUS Sverige Hejsan, man måste vara en aktiv medlem på xdaforums.com/ för att bli utvald. MVH, ASUS Anders

you have to be an active member on XDA-Developers to be choosen,

so jelly bean seems to be planned for asus tf101 :fingers-crossed: (i asked if there was any chance to be a beta tester on jelly bean for asus tf101)

so i don't think asus tf101 is doomed yet :D

Sweet, let's hope the beta testing begins soon ;-)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

bjarnehe

Mar 21, 2011
We can only hope (for those of us with serious ICS issues on the TF101) that a JB update goes better than the ICS update did ...

Agreed, my Launcher crashes 3-4 times a day and I have random reboots perhaps twice a week...
I do hope Jelly been will be a better experience though, I would be willing to beta test it to make sure any issues are discovered early on.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
Been meaning to update this, but not getting around to it. At the current time, Asus USA is siding with Asus Netherlands, and stating that only the Tegra 3 models are confirmed for Jelly Bean.

Note the models they've stated will be receiving Jelly Bean are:

* Asus Transformer Pad; the TF300T / TF300TG (http://www.asus.com/Tablet/Transformer_Pad/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_TF300TG/)

* Asus Transformer Pad Prime [sic]; the TF201, Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime. Apparently Asus USA don't even know their own product names. (http://www.asus.com/Tablet/Transformer_Pad/Eee_Pad_Transformer_Prime_TF201/)

* Asus Transformer Pad Infinity; the TF700T. (http://www.asus.com/Tablet/Transformer_Pad/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_Infinity_TF700T/)

As far as Asus USA and Netherlands are concerned, there are no firm plans to offer Jelly Bean for the TF101 Eee Pad Transformer, nor for the SL101 Eee Pad Slider.

Asus Germany has somewhat opaquely contradicted this, stating that the TF101 and SL101 will get updates "according to current knowledge". Asus Sweden haven't directly stated either way, suggesting merely that "you have to be an XDA member to be a beta tester", without directly stating that they're talking about the TF101 or Jelly Bean.

Why Asus Germany feel the need to qualify it with "current knowledge"... well, that coupled with the lack of any comment from other regions suggests to me that the plans are anything but set in stone. If the plans were firm, they would have flat-out said so.

If you ask me, the answer from Asus re: Jelly Bean for the TF101 or SL101 is still a resounding "maybe."

Anis108

Mar 23, 2012
If they don't update to JB. Can we ask for the release of all necessary drivers and so on to create costum roms?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, no JellyBean crap from asus for you this time.

But as of aosp, I am making progress.

I love my TF101, even though our relationship is complex atm as we have to communicate through adb, as the touchscreen drivers aren't fixed as of now.

But JellyBean works. Just a little more effort for the first test releases.

I even get full support from my old friend guevor and maybe also from Team Liquid for Rom debugging.

Nuff said, asus.
    Some if not most of the developers here at XDA who program for the tf101 do a better job than the officials over at ASUS. I have faith in our developers and will support them fully to release any form of Jelly Bean for our beloved tablet.
    Update: different branches of Asus are directly contradicting each other about whether we'll get an update. See http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28840181 for the first example. See http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29269146 for yet another contradiction.

Title says it all, really. Asus Europe has confirmed at a press event that Jelly Bean will be released for the Prime, the TF300, and the TF700T, but TF101 and Slider users will be left out in the cold.

Rough translation:

"Sam from Tablets Magazine was present at the press conference, and ASUS confirmed that not all of its tablets can expect an update to the newest version of Android. The Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201, the Transformer Pad TF300 and the Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 are certain to receive Android 4.1 Jellybean.

The previously launched models, the Eee Pad Transformer TF101 and the Eee Pad Slider, are not expected to be updated, and will remain on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich."

http://www.tabletsmagazine.nl/2012/...finity-krijgen-android-4-1-jelly-bean-update/
    If this is true, it'll be my last ASUS Android purchase. Halting support for new versions after only a year?!
    More to the point, let's hope they actually beta-test.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

or alpha test for that matter...