Where to I begin to learn more about the android system?

Search This thread

instinct408

Jan 16, 2012
Hello,

I am a computer science student and I want to learn more about the Android OS. I have some knowledge about OS and how they operate. I have been reading some of these threads they seem really interesting. I want to learn more so some day I can contribute.What would be some good online sources? How did you guys start out?

Bigbabyjesus

Mar 16, 2012
You are in the best place to learn about Android's structure and how to edit it. In the general forum you will find XDA-university forum. Also the Q&A sections or the developers sections are fun to read through. I think that if you start out with some knowledge of Linux fs structure you should have no problem getting into android. Also make sure to thank people that help you if they are actually helpful.

instinct408

Jan 16, 2012
You are in the best place to learn about Android's structure and how to edit it. In the general forum you will find XDA-university forum. Also the Q&A sections or the developers sections are fun to read through. I think that if you start out with some knowledge of Linux fs structure you should have no problem getting into android. Also make sure to thank people that help you if they are actually helpful.

Thanks, I'll check that out.