[GUIDE][APPS WORKING][4.3 - 4.4.4] Gear Fit on Non-Samsung Devices

Search This thread

KOLIOSIS

GEAR FIT + LG G-FLEX Compatibility

With updated firmware on GEAR FIT & VERSION 1.49 of FIT Manager,the LG G-FLEX (D959) has the identical functionality of the M8.

Will be stopping by a store with GEAR 2/NEO to check for compatibility with the M8 & G-FLEX (got the other GEAR MANAGER LOADED) this evening,will post results either here,or,in another thread,per the OP's preference.

Last edited:

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
With updated firmware on GEAR FIT & VERSION 1.49 of FIT Manager,the LG G-FLEX (D959) has the identical functionality of the M8.

Will be stopping by a store with GEAR 2/NEO to check for compatibility with the M8 & G-FLEX (got the other GEAR MANAGER LOADED) this evening,will post results either here,or,in another thread,per the OP's preference.

Posting here is good. Let's keep all the info in one thread.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

KOLIOSIS

Posting here is good. Let's keep all the info in one thread.

Was watching AT&T for stock on the GEAR 2/NEO,began drying up both locally & on-line probably due to the 25% discount on 3 or more accessories.

Went ahead & ordered the GEAR 2 in ROSE GOLD (can't remember the exact name ATM). Will arrive in 4-7 business days, but, I'll stop by BEST BUY or AT&T on MONDAY to test compatibility (with the M8 & G-FLEX).

AT&T's return policy is pretty generous, so I said screw it & ordered, worse case scenario I'm out a10% restocking fee.

Last edited:
Reactions: aooga

KOLIOSIS

Quick update on GEAR2/NEO w/M8:

Managed to squeeze in a few minutes w/the NEO @ AT&T before they closed for the weekend. (& satisfied my insane curiosity on this subject):

It paired up,didn't get a chance to check much @ all, (an SMS & Find my NEO).
I suspect that compatibility will be similar to that of the FIT.

As soon as I successfully paired, was prompted to d/l & install a 45mb update, didn't have time,clerk was nice enough to open a new NEO just to check it out. I suspect that one would need a SAMSUNG device to successfully install the update, just as w/the FIT.

I was in such a rush, I can't remember if I had to use the charging cradle for initial pairing.

As I posted earlier, I'll drop in on BEST BUY or AT&T on 4/21/14 for more extensive testing for compatibility w/the M8 & G-FLEX.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California

Managed to squeeze in a few minutes w/the NEO @ AT&T before they closed for the weekend. (& satisfied my insane curiosity on this subject):

As I posted earlier, I'll drop in on BEST BUY or AT&T on 4/21/14 for more extensive testing for compatibility.

This was with the gear manager apk right? Not the gear fit manager.

KOLIOSIS

Yessir, w/the GEAR MANAGER (for OG GEAR & GEAR 2) installed on the M8 & the NEO. That's all they had in stock.
Still awaiting order confirmation from AT&T, hopefully they don't kick back the discount (even employees aren't getting a discount on any GEAR2/NEO/FIT items).

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

mpogr

Jan 16, 2008
Melbourne
Hold your horses...

It paired up,didn't get a chance to check much @ all, (an SMS & Find my NEO).
I suspect that compatibility will be similar to that of the FIT.

As soon as I successfully paired, was prompted to d/l & install a 45mb update, didn't have time,clerk was nice enough to open a new NEO just to check it out. I suspect that one would need a SAMSUNG device to successfully install the update, just as w/the FIT.

I was in such a rush, I can't remember if I had to use the charging cradle for initial pairing.

As I posted earlier, I'll drop in on BEST BUY or AT&T on 4/21/14 for more extensive testing for compatibility w/the M8 & G-FLEX.

Before you get too excited about Gear 2 with M8, please, read my post with some findings. This is after 24+ hours of fiddling with the device. I'd wish someone told me all this before I bought it...

Reactions: KOLIOSIS

KOLIOSIS

Before you get too excited about Gear 2 with M8, please, read my post with some findings. This is after 24+ hours of fiddling with the device. I'd wish someone told me all this before I bought it...

THX for the heads up.

FWIW,I'm not experiencing any battery drain w/the GEAR FIT,so,I'm remaining optimistic this will hold true w/the GEAR2/NEO as well.If not,I'll probably keep it anyway,as I'll likely pick up the NOTE 4 come Fall 2014.

I'll post initial 1-day results & follow-up a few days afterwards.W/any luck the GEAR 2 that I ordered from AT&T will arrive before next weekend.

B

babmed

Problem reconnection between Gear Fit and HTC One M8

From a Note 3, i have now an HTC One M8 with my Samsung Gear Fit. The inital installation of the APKs resolve most of features. But i still meet two problems :
1. When the Bluetooth connection between my Gear Fit and my HTC is broken, there’s no more automatic reconnection. I have to do it manually.
2. When i have make work two simultaneous bluetooth connections, an headset and the Gear fit for instance, and that i choose to break the headset one, the Gear Fit connection automatically also stops….and does not automatically reconnect (cf First point)
Do you meet those problems ? Would you have some solutions ?
Thanks a lot.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
From a Note 3, i have now an HTC One M8 with my Samsung Gear Fit. The inital installation of the APKs resolve most of features. But i still meet two problems :
1.When the Bluetooth connection between my Gear Fit and my HTC is broken, there’s no more automatic reconnection. I have to do it manually.
2.When i have make work two simultaneous bluetooth connections, an headset and the Gear fit for instance, and that i choose to break the headset one, the Gear Fit connection automatically also stops….and does not automatically reconnect (cf First point)
Thanks a lot.

I have an M7 and neither of those problems happen for me. I'm running a Google edition ROM though. I don't think those problems have anything to do with the gear fit.

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
On fo the solutions? any ideas?
Thanks.

I'm not sure. I can't replicate the problem so I'm not sure how I can help.
I just tried turning off Bluetooth and turning it back on. The gear fit connected automatically.

If anyone else has an M8 maybe they could help.

KOLIOSIS

1. When the Bluetooth connection between my Gear Fit and my HTC is broken, there’s no more automatic reconnection. I have to do it manually.
2. When i have make work two simultaneous bluetooth connections, an headset and the Gear fit for instance, and that i choose to break the headset one, the Gear Fit connection automatically also stops….and does not automatically reconnect (cf First point)
Thanks a lot.

Yes to both issues w/the M8 & FIT.
There's a similar discussion in the SAMSUNG GEAR2 forum:

http://xdaforums.com/gear-2

Most answers/solutions on this topic for the GEAR2/NEO would probably apply to the FIT as well.

B

babmed

Yes to both issues w/the M8 & FIT.
There's a similar discussion in the SAMSUNG GEAR2 forum:

http://xdaforums.com/gear-2

Most answers/solutions on this topic for the GEAR2/NEO would probably apply to the FIT as well.

Thanks a lot.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Id on't see any answers for the moment. Even not the same problem at other's...
I'm lost...:(

KOLIOSIS

Thanks a lot.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Id on't see any answers for the moment. Even not the same problem at other's...
I'm lost...:(

This is what I was referring to:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52051736&postcount=3

The problems are similar,IMHO.

This is a relatively new development,as the GEAR2/NEO/FIT have only been available for a week or so.If a fix is possible,the developers here @ XDA will find a solution.

Since our phones aren't officially supported,I'll take what I can get,& in the meantime,will offer to test my device(s) to the best of my ability.

B

babmed

This is what I was referring to:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52051736&postcount=3

The problems are similar,IMHO.

This is a relatively new development,as the GEAR2/NEO/FIT have only been available for a week or so.If a fix is possible,the developers here @ XDA will find a solution.

Since our phones aren't officially supported,I'll take what I can get,& in the meantime,will offer to test my device(s) to the best of my ability.

Thanks for the benevolence

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions:

1. Buy a Gear Fit
    2. Connect the Gear Fit to your computer.
    3. Download KIES and install it.
    4. Follow the prompts to update the Gear Fit.
    5. Link: http://www.samsung.com/levant/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP
    6. Install the first APK from the downloads below.
    7. Open the app you just installed.
    8. Go through the setup again on your device.
    9. Install the second APK below (not mandatory).
    10. You're done!
    11. If you have a Samsung device running a custom ROM, read the third section below.

Get Fit Apps Working (Optional):
    THIS PART REQUIRES ROOT AND EDITING SYSTEM FILES. IF YOU'RE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THIS, SKIP THIS PART.!
    • Open your build.prop with a text editor.
    • Edit the following values:
      • ro.product.model=GT-I9505
      • ro.product.brand=samsung
      • ro.product.name=SM-900S
      • ro.product.device=SM-900S
    • Reboot and now apps like Gear Calendar, Quick settings, Strava...etc. should work.

Samsung Devices With Custom ROMs:

THIS PART REQUIRES ROOT AND EDITING SYSTEM FILES. IF YOU'RE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THIS, SKIP THIS PART.!
    • Open your build.prop in any text editor. Root Explorer works well, or whatever you're used to using.
    • Change the "Samsung" in "ro.product.manufacturer=Samsung" to anything else. HTC, LG, asdf, anything is fine. :)
    • This stops the force closing. You're done!

Workaround for Auto-Connecting Bluetooth:

Phones confirmed working:

• HTC One M8
    • HTC One M7
    • HTC One Max
    • HTC One X
    • Huawei Ascend P6
    • Nexus 4
    • Nexus 5
    • Nexus 7
    • Xperia Z Ultra
    • Xperia SP
    • Xperia Z1
    • Xperia Z
    • Xperia Z1s
    • Xperia Z2
    • Moto X
    • LG G Flex
    • LG G2
    • LG Optimus G Pro
    • Xiaomi MI3

Downloads:

What works:

• Notifications
    • Clocks
    • Find my Device
    • Heart Rate
    • Reject Calls
    • Media Controls
    • Watchface customizer
    • Gear Fit Apps

What doesn't work:

• Weather
    • Quick reply SMS (works on the latest firmware).
    • Anything that uses a Samsung Account
    • Syncing fitness stats to phone
    • Custom Wallpapers
    I have access to an S4, will that work as a source/update device?

You can get the update via KIES 3 on your desktop PC/MAC:

http://www.samsung.com/levant/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059171/81102

Just load/run KIES 3,plug in your GEAR FIT & follow the prompts.
    It's a very painless/easy process,should take no more than 10 minutes tops.
    I just made Gear FIT Apps working. Or at least the Calendar on Nexus 5 :)
    As mentioned earlier, it's just editing the build.prop.

I used values used in SGS5 (the most simillar device) seen in this screenshot:
    http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-transform-your-galaxy-s4-into-an-s5

What i changed are those values:
    ro.product.model
    ro.product.brand
    ro.product.name
    ro.product.device

Everything else left intact, restarted the phone. Gear Fit Manager works fine (without reinstall), Calendar on the Fit the same. Will try more of the apps.

Unfortunately, Fitness for Gear is still not getting data, guess there will be some bigger issue...

EDIT: tried some switch app for tunring off wifi and sounds on mobile and works as well
    Hi fellow Gear Fit owners,

Coming from Gear 2 / Neo space, there is a similar tutorial over there. I think you can utilise some advices from there, e.g. to how to make Samsung account work, gaining ability to synchronise your fitness activities to your account.
    Any idea if this will work w/ Moto devices? I have a Note 3 I can do the prelim on and then I want to get a Fit for my wife's Droid Maxx. I also have a Gear 2 Neo I can test w/ it, but as I understand they're different OS so maybe not a good test to see if Fit works without actually having one. If anyone else can try I'd appreciate it.

Edit: NVM, I had forgotten the Fit doesn't have the mic and speaker. WHHHHHYYYYYY Samsung??!?!!! It would have been the first smartwatch suitable for females who don't want the big bulky bezel, except you gimp it by not giving it the handy feature my wife was actually interested in. The other ones are too big. Heck I would have gone w/ a Fit myself if it had it as I'm still on the fence on keeping my Neo.

Working on my Moto X :cowboy: