How to get Custom Recovery on rooted G2? [Noob]

Search This thread

Nizi123

Dec 24, 2012
So I recently rooted my G2 to remove the bloatware apps and maybe install CM 11. I downloaded ROM Manager and I tried to install the CWM recovery through there but it seems like it's not doing anything. Every time I press "Reboot into Recovery", it restarts into the stock recovery (I'm assuming). And this recovery doesn't have an option to install from .zip, which means I can't install the CWM recovery. It only has install from SD card, which doesn't have anything in it, install from cache and install from adb. I have CM 11 running on my nexus 4 ( I used the installer) and that has a CWM recovery so I know what it looks like.

Am I doing something wrong or missing a step? Is there another way to do it?

Thanks

Nizi123

Dec 24, 2012
what firmware does your phone currently have on it? That will determine what method you will need to use to get a recovery.

I attached a screen shot of the software info. I think that's what you mean right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-24-11-59-58.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-24-11-59-58.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 64

rquiett

Jan 25, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
I attached a screen shot of the software info. I think that's what you mean right?

That was exactly what I needed. The issue with stock KitKat is the bootloader is locked and the way we got around it with JB has been patched. There are some amazing people though that found a way to downgrade the bootloader and kernel to get around this. You can find the very simple and easy to use app over here. I recently used it myself and it literally takes about 30 seconds to do and you will have TWRP 2.7 when its all done

Reactions: Nizi123

Nizi123

Dec 24, 2012
That was exactly what I needed. The issue with stock KitKat is the bootloader is locked and the way we got around it with JB has been patched. There are some amazing people though that found a way to downgrade the bootloader and kernel to get around this. You can find the very simple and easy to use app over here. I recently used it myself and it literally takes about 30 seconds to do and you will have TWRP 2.7 when its all done

I see. I will try the app out. Thanks for the help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what firmware does your phone currently have on it? That will determine what method you will need to use to get a recovery.