What is Remote Sim Mode?

Search This thread

boe_dye

Jul 2, 2007
America
well i googled several years later wondering the same thing and it all comes back to this thread :) lol

WOW! I just randomly happened through my junk/archive email box and stumbled across this! I'm amazed that you found it, and that indeed -- Google led you the way! :cool: I've not logged onto this site in a LOOOOOOONG time! I'm amazed I recalled my password!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i Googled "android remote sim mode" and it brought me to this thread.

Thanks for your contribution.
    I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM SEARCHING FOR REMOTE SIM MODE, THERE WASN'T A CLEAR SEARCH TERM BUT BROKE IT DOWN INTO SMALLER TERMS IN GOOGLE BEING "REMOTE SIM BLUETOOTH".

RESULT:

SIM Access Profile (SAP, SIM, rSAP)
    This allows devices such as car phones with built in GSM transceivers to connect to a SIM card in a phone with Bluetooth, thus the car phone itself doesn't require a separate SIM card. This profile is also known as rSAP (remote-SIM-Access-Profile).

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile#SIM_Access_Profile_.28SAP.2C_SIM.2C_rSAP.29

HOPEFULLY IT HELPS EVERYBODY ;)

*INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY

Saying "Google is your friend" is a failed attempt at saying "I Don't Know".

So please instead of acting like some prissy tech know it all, why not actually contribute something useful to the conversation instead of getting your jollies off by being a smart ass?

I mean not all of us are some lonely geek sitting in their parents basement getting off on some image board, spouting off memes like they are gospel...

It's people like you that make tech forums like this unbearable when it comes to the sharing of knowledge and information. At the very least if you were so wise and sage, you could have posted a link supplying the answer.

But no, you couldn't even take the time out of your busy trolling to even do that. You have to be all cute and cool and go "Google is your friend".

Yes, Google is our friend, it brought us to this place and met idiots such as yourself. Google is an infinitely better friend than you could ever hope to be.
    hey all thanks for the thanks! I'm glad that I was able to help a bit with a few observations.

Just a few more before I go, It would seem to me that the entire notifications drop down menu is buggy.

For me, none of the buttons work as they should whether it be WiFi, bluetooth, etc...

Just about all of those functions have to be set in the settings dialogue that I mentioned about before.

I haven't update Cognition in a month now, so he might have gotten to fixing it by now, I cannot say.
    well i googled several years later wondering the same thing and it all comes back to this thread :) lol