[Alpha v3 - Thread Locked Soon] Ice Cream Sandwich (T-Mobile G2X ONLY)

Stock or Extras?

• Stock w/ Separate Gapps

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Stock w/ Google Apps Included

Votes: 56 60.9%
  • Extra Ringtones & Wallpapers

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Stock w/ Extras & Social Apps

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nghia85

Nov 19, 2008
Anyone have a mirror for downloading? Seems like the OP link has been shut down.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Azuske

Jan 31, 2009
Tampa, Florida
Aw. Well I was halfway thru mirrors for the two. Would you still like them, or nah?

The mirror of the rom has a mms.apk included. Not sure if you want to include that, but the gapps is the same.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

Already re-upped the links
Try clicking them again. It should take you to megaupload for both links

SefEXE

Aug 1, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Reactions: duhsquid and Azuske

Stealth Pyro

Jul 13, 2010
Miami, FL
Got it running on my phone. I love it, but it's horrendously choppy for regular use. I'm waiting anxiously for the HW acceleration to be figured out.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
WiFi working?

Question to anyone. WiFi was listed as working, but mine keeps on cycling from authenticating, obtaining IP address, then back to square one. Has anyone else got it working? If so, I might try reflashing (did factory reset and wiped system before installing).

This is not being used for other then fooling around right now, but do not want to access data on the network, as SIM being used does not have a data plan. I am usually able to operate the G2X without a SIM on WiFi.

s10shane

Jul 30, 2010
Victorville, Ca
Question to anyone. WiFi was listed as working, but mine keeps on cycling from authenticating, obtaining IP address, then back to square one. Has anyone else got it working? If so, I might try reflashing (did factory reset and wiped system before installing).

This is not being used for other then fooling around right now, but do not want to access data on the network, as SIM being used does not have a data plan. I am usually able to operate the G2X without a SIM on WiFi.

this was already answered on page 2 by Dameon87 "WiFi Does work, though there are a few kinks. For now you can only connect via setting up a network manually, including the specification of name servers."

siulmagic

Jun 23, 2007
Bridgeport

it is working but you have to set everything manually, this release for strick fun and to play around with it, it should under no circumstance be consider a dd.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
it is working but you have to set everything manually, this release for strick fun and to play around with it, it should under no circumstance be consider a dd.

I know - and as I said, only fooling around. Just would like to get WiFi working, as I can download more stuff to fool aroung with.

Note - there seems to be a difference between the posted link a page or so back and the file now available from the OP. Tried both, but still no WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    News:
    The Project is back on track! Yes, Hardware Acceleration is working on our private build that has yet to be uploaded. The build won't be uploaded till sound and wifi are properly working. Yes, this forum is our replacement for Beta Testing. Follow me on Twitter for faster updates. (@ts0cha0tik)

Developers:
    ttabbal (Recognized Developer / Kernel Dev)
    Morfic (Recognized Developer / Kernel Dev)
    Dameon87 (Recognized Developer)
    chuckhriczko (Recognized Developer)
    Benee (Optimus 2X Developer - Builds Coming Soon)
    teleknEsis
    enoch861
    King-Nai

Changelog
    Working:
    Touchscreen (FULLY WORKING) *King-Nai
    Hardware Acceleration *Dameon87*
    Wifi 100% Working! *Dameon87* (Not Uploaded Yet - Standby)
    GPS *Dameon87* (Not Uploaded Yet - Standby)
    Data Usage (Untested with Data as it hasn't been fixed yet / Not Uploaded yet - Standby)
    Vibration *Dameon87* (Not Uploaded Yet - Standby)
    Software Keys *Dameon87 & ttabbal
    Software Rendering *Dameon87
    SMS/MMS *Siulmagic
    Gyroscope / Accclorometer *Siulmagic & Dameon87
    Proximity Sensor *Siulmagic & Dameon87
    Radio (Calls) *Siulmagic & Dameon87
    Bluetooth(Turns on but haven't tested file transfer) *Siulmagic & Dameon87
    Brightness Control *Siulmagic & Dameon87
    Internal (8GB) & External (MicroSD) Memory *ttabbal
    Capacitive Keys (Home, Back, Menu, Search) *Siulmagic & Dameon87
    HDMI Support

Not Working:
    Sound (Calling does work but the you can't hear anyone and they can't hear you)
    Mobile Data
    Both Cameras
    PTP / USB Mass Storage
    Battery Calibration

Need more information about the build?
    Contact developers above or click the link below
    Old Thread (Moved To General Section)

User Videos:
    Video made by Peshal

Public Beta Downloads:
    Note: Links Uploaded to Megaupload

Alpha v2 (Touchscreen Fixed / Home Key Doesn't Work) *
    Alpha v3 w/ Onscreen Keys (Hardware Acceleration Fixed)
    Alpha v3 w/o Onscreen keys (Hardware Acceleration Fixed)

Final Version Downloads:
    Compatable Google Apps (for Camera App and Messaging) *

Thanks For the Support :)
    Thread closed at the request of the OP.

WB
    Hardware Acceleration is now working.
    WiFI working completely. DHCP fixed, signal indicator fixed.

No more entering everything manually.
    In all honesty:

Can everyone just stop freaking complaining?

This is an Alpha. Things will not work. It's not going to be perfect. We are aware of the bugs. If we cannot stop getting all the whiners, and complainers, then we will just have the thread locked, and we will continue development privately, until everything is up to a standard.

I tried to be nice, and release things for you guys to test, but honestly it seems people would rather complain about every little thing that they can think of.

TLDR; Shush and let us do the work, unless you have something to contribute.