Best leather case for Galaxy Note I seen so far

Search This thread
I'm not to fond of the folding case. I agree that they keep the screen safe but when you answer it you have to fold the case back to fit it in your hand. I have a Dell Streak and I had a folding case for that and it was annoying when people phoned. If you get one of these ones with a wallet bit in it let's hope they don't swipe your cash away while you're busy chatting on the blower.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
In my opinion one of the best looking leather cases is SPIGEN SGP Valentinus Vintage Brown. Too bad its a bit pricy. :cool:

That's a really nice case, and I've seen a few of same design but with less storage options for more like 100 dollars, so price seems pretty good. Wonder why they stress its for the ATT version? Are there major differences that would prevent this fitting the international?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

YoNer

Jun 29, 2010
I have the official flip cover (Samsung was giving it away in my country). Its pretty good but it just screws the already weird grip on the phone, i was tempted to try one of these as well but im not sure about putting credit cards against the screen of the phone (even if it has gorilla glass), i carry the phone in my pocket and i dont think you can avoid damage that long....

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
I have this one, and it's really really nice. It has that premium feel and looks on it. Money well spent :)

Quick question on this case.......
Exactly how many compartments does it have for notes.... Is it 1 or is it 2?
In the pictures I have seen yes there is definitely one but it looks like a second underneath... but that could simply be stitching.

onetonnoodle

Jan 22, 2012
Quick question on this case.......
Exactly how many compartments does it have for notes.... Is it 1 or is it 2?
In the pictures I have seen yes there is definitely one but it looks like a second underneath... but that could simply be stitching.

there's only one. You're right, the second is only stitching. I tried scratching it the first time, I thought there's a compartment as well :p

I'll try to take a photograph of mine and post it here for reference. :)

Reactions: Beards

tapfuma

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
Zenus is the best

By far the best leather case that i have used and seen . (since i live in shenzhen china and hong kong) . is the ZENUS cases from Korea. i have this one and i love it.

zenus-galaxy-note-masstige-stripe-print-diary-series-case-det.jpg

here is Direct link for order from the manufacture and you can pay with paypal
http://zenuscase.net/androids/galaxy-note/zenus-galaxy-note-masstige-stripe-print-diary-series.html

Just got this Zenus case and it's the best of the wallet cases i have seen so far.

http://izenus.com/galaxy-note-2-color-point-diary-collection.html

qazibasit

Mar 24, 2012
I am still using a cheap silicon cover and its fulfilling the purpose. its better To save my bucks for a note 3. I am conviencing myself not to get one.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

altae

Mar 22, 2008
St. Gallen
i've used noreve for my HD2 and can say that their products are very good and highly durable...i used it for 2 years and now with a bit of polish,it looks still new...cant say the same about the original samsung flip case i got with my Note...its already peeling off its skin...

+1 for Noreve cases. I have got one for my Xperia X1 which I had been using for almost 2 1/2 years and now I've got one for the Note too. Very durable indeed and also very handy. And of course it looks nicely.

Sent from my revived Galaxy Note

eos9

Jan 1, 2013
After going through the monster thread on XDA about cases, I too, decided that the Jacklyn case was best for me, and I bought it on eBay.

Here are the reasons I chose it over over leather cases (including ones posted in this thread). I wanted:
-the phone to sit on the left-hand side
-wallet features
-to avoid a magnetic closure (as per advice given on this forum)
-a simple, brown, diary style with no patterns, designs or words
-wrist strap hole on the bottom, rather than on the top
-easily converted to a stand

Features I wanted which I knew I was going to have to compromise on:
-a flap to cover the credit card slots (the only one that had this also had the unfortunately translated bit about "putting your dreams" or something like that)
-gussetted pocket on back cover to hold ear buds, etc.
-sturdier rotating stand or kick-stand features (in the end I prioritised Jacklyn's features over a cooler stand)

How my perception has changed since purchase and use:
-Very sturdy! I bought a bumper to go with it as the corners are exposed, but the leather is so strong, I don't need to worry about it
-It turns out that I only ever use the pockets for train tickets and occasionally business cards, so the single large pocket would have been sufficient. This might have opened up more options to me starting out
-I use a little screen chamois to cover the credit card pockets, which is a bit of a faff (though it works) and again points out I probably would have been better off without those pockets
-I had asked for a matching wrist strap when I purchased the Jacklyn, but I never heard back from the seller, and it certainly didn't arrive with the case. Instead, I've cobbled together a stretchy bracelet with an old phone charm, and it mostly works. With what I have now, having the wrist-strap holder on the bottom is a definite plus, but it may be that when I get a proper wrist strap (I ordered two types online this morning), the actual length of the whole thing together might mean that it would have been better off with the top strap hole. We'll see
-As for the left-hand situation, it doesn't really seem to make much difference at the end of the day.I had been going off the fact that when I read a book, I tend to hold the left side, but with the Jacklyn, I hold it either right in the middle on the spine, or more often than not, I flip it to the side and fold it up (as if I were going to set up the stand) and hold it by the fold. It could be that if I tried the standard right-side book style it would end up driving me nuts, but for now the left-side style seems to be neither here nor there
-One of the reasons why I discounted some leathers styles was because in stand mode, the strap stuck up and partially obstructed the screen, and it didn't do that in the Jacklyn photos. Well, it does in real life, and that does bug me. Also (no doubt helped along by how I hold the thing when I'm using it in landscape), the stand is a bit fiddly, it slumps a bit, and I can never really get a good angle
-I wasn't sure how I was going to like a case that didn't snap on. In the end, I think it works okay, but I have to wiggle it a bit each time to get the holes perfectly aligned, and it can slide a tiny bit out of position, requiring semi-regular readjustments

Final thoughts:
-I had read some reviews here about the dependability and build quality of some cases being questionable. The Jacklyn was not one of these, and I have to say, I have been very impressed by the overall quality and craftsmanship. This is the real deal and well worth the money
-Although many of the reasons why I chose the Jacklyn now appear to be moot, I don't regret the purchase, and can see myself getting much use out of it in the years to come
-It was really useful getting something a bit different for my first case, as I now feel much more confident in approaching lots of other styles and features for future (cheaper) cases

Hope that's helpful!

Top Liked Posts