[Cube U9GT2/Window N90/Visture V2/Easypad 970] Guides & Tips

Search This thread

dozz01

Feb 22, 2012
This thread is for guides and tips related to Cube U9GT2, Window N90, Visture V2, and Easypad 970.

Questions: For further questions some very nice threads already exist in: XDA (EN), SlateDroid (EN), Chinamobiles (DE), 4PDA (RU), and Moage (CN).

Everyone is welcome to post here their own guides/tips, even when already similar topics exist. Unfortunately often guides and tips vanish in endless thread pages. Here is a suitable place to bundle all these in one place together and link them in needed user posts.

Guides & Tips - How to:
01. Use the storage of my device (#2)
02. Root (#3)
03. Flash a Firmware (#4)
04. Use Moage's ROMs (#5)
05. Make Gameloft Games visible/installable (#6)
06. Use 3G (#32 by Darkjesus)
07. Stabilize my WiFi (#34)
08. Use Ad-hoc WiFi (extLink.01; extLink.02 + special wpa_supplicant)
09. Customize ROMs (extLink.01 + extLink.02)
10. Use a different charger (extLink)
11. Fix the "Google Play Store" (extLink)
12. Use CIFS (extLink)
13. Improve speaker quality + volume (#35)
14. Install GApps correctly (#36)
15. Do Screenshots in ICS without root (#37)
16. Tweak build.prop (extLink)
17. Unpack an IMG
18. Open the Tablet
19. Make Bluetooth working

Last edited:

dozz01

Feb 22, 2012
(01) How to: Use the storage of my device

1. Turn tablet (on), and switch debugging (off)
-> 2.3.1 Settings/Applications/Development -> USB-debugging
-> 4.0.3 Settings/Developer options -> USB-debugging

2. Connect device with PC (Win7) and use tablet's upper microUSB port (not OTG)

3. Windows will now try to install drivers, this will last ~20sec, mostly Win7 will succeed
-> if not then download "RK2918-USB-Drivers" and direct Win7 to those drivers; sometimes it will happen that windows cannot handle Intel drivers -> then choose AMD drivers

-> the result should be, e.g.:

img.jpeg

Attachments

• RK2918-USB-Drivers.rar
    385.1 KB · Views: 3,799
Last edited:

dozz01

Feb 22, 2012
(2) How to: Root

I. Preparation, "ADB Driver" installation:
1. Turn tablet (on), and switch debugging (on)

2. Connect device with PC (Win7) and use tablet's upper microUSB port (not OTG).

3. Windows will now try to install drivers, but Win7 will not succeed - if already drivers are installed (yellow triangle) remove them completely.

4. Open device manager (start/control panel/device manager) and click on your tablet-device name (e.g. Cube) and choose "update driver".

5. Now select: Browse my Computer -> Let me pick -> All Devices -> Have Disk.

6. Download and unzip "ADB-Drivers" then navigate (see step 5.) to "android_winusb.inf"; next: choose "Android ADB Interface". ADB Drivers will now be installed.

img.jpeg

II. Root
1. Download suitable root software:
a) 2.3.1: GingerBreak-v1.20.apk, SuperOneClick 1.7,
b) 4.0.3: SuperOneClick 2.3.1.0 (changed CN), SuperOneClick 2.3.3 (Changed by Verdeler).

2. Start GingerBreak.apk on tablet or SuperOneClick.exe on PC (run as administrator).

3. Click "root" within SuperOneClick -> done. ;)

Attachments

• ADB-Drivers.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 19,314
  • SuperOneClick.1.7.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 11,591
  • NEW.RK.ADB-Drivers.x86.x64.zip
    514.9 KB · Views: 2,482
Last edited:

dozz01

Feb 22, 2012
(03) How to: Flash a Firmware

I. Preparation
1. Choose and download an IMG (Firmware):
a) StockROM: Cube U9GT 2, Window N90, Visture V2, Easypad 970.
b) CustomROM: XDA (wackym), SlateDroid (s1eepy), SlateDroid (db260179), Moage (磨叽哥), FlashMyAndroid (prox32).

2. If necessary download "RKBatchTool".
3. Extra Driver shouldn't be needed, Win7 will recognize the device -> therefore don't install manually ADB-, or USB-Driver.
4. Charge Tablet to >70%

II. Flash
1. Turn tablet (off) and disconnect every cable and charger.

2. Start on PC "RKBatchTool.exe" and choose under the item "FW Path" an IMG (see I. Preparation).

3. Now press Volume (-) on tablet -> keep pressing and connect at the same time the tablet (upper microUSB port, not OTG) with PC -> as soon as you hear the PC is successfully connected or you see in RKBatchTool under "Connected Devices" a green light, then you can stop pressing Volume (-) and the tablet should be recognized from "RKBatchTool".

4. Click in RKBatchTool "Restore" (not Upgrade) and the flash process should begin; the first-time boot will last longer than normally - you can close RKBatchTool and disconnect the USB cable as soon as the tablet is booted.

good luck :)

Attachments

• RKBatchTool.zip
    945.6 KB · Views: 3,037
  • NEW.RKBatchTool.v1.5.x86.x64.zip
    1 MB · Views: 459
Last edited:

dozz01

Feb 22, 2012
(04) How to: Use Moage's ROMs

I. Preparation:
1. Download Moage's ROM and unzip: Link
2. Charge Tablet to >70%
3. Switch tablet (off) and disconnect every cable and charger

II. Flash Moage's ROM:
1. Moage's FlashTools:
a) Moage 4.3.5: Open "MoageRomFlash.exe" and choose how much space for applications you would like to have, don't get confused from chinese ;) you will nevertheless see numbers those are important -> click the number you like most, after this the "MoageRKtool.exe" will start automatically
b) Moage x.x.x: when there is no "MoageRomFlash.exe" then start "MoageRKtool.exe" and go on with step 2.

img.jpeg

2. Now press Volume (-) on tablet -> keep pressing and connect at the same time the tablet (upper microUSB port, not OTG) with PC -> as soon as you hear the PC is successfully connected or you see in MoageRKtool "Found RKAndroid...", then you can stop pressing Volume (-) and the tablet should be recognized from "RKBatchTool".

3. In "MoageRKtool" select all items except "Backup" and manually link to those files
=> then click at first "EraseIDB" (red circle), after that: click "Run"(blue circle) -> even when it is in chinese the buttons order will be the same.

img.jpeg

4. Wait until the device is booted, then remove USB cable and close FlashTools.

Done. :cool:

Extra-Feature:
=> If your tablet wont boot anymore, and you don't want to lose your data and settings, then do this to fix the boot problem:
1. Start "MoageRKtool.exe" and select: "Loader", "Parameter", "Boot" and "System"
2. Click "Run" (don't click EraseIDB). Now it will replace just some important system files and the rest will remain.

Last edited:

dozz01

Feb 22, 2012
(05) How to: Make Gameloft Games visible/installable

Two ways:

1. Modify manually "build.prop" /System (source):
=> you need to change 3 things:
ro.product.model=GT-P1000
ro.product.device=GT-P1000
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

2. Exchange the build.prop:
=> download an already modified "build.prop", e.g. source; then rename in "build.prop" and exchange the original "build.prop" in "/System" at tablet -> before that it would be wise to backup the original file

Hint: after changing or switching build.prop clear data from "Google Service Framework" and "Google Play Storage" then reboot

The result will be:

Extra Information: Optimizing build.prop

Last edited:

dmagee

Mar 11, 2012
I. Preparation
1. Firmware download:
a) StockROM: Cube U9GT 2, Window N90, Visture V2, Easypad 970,
b) CustomROM: XDA (wackym), SlateDroid (s1eepy), SlateDroid (db260179), Moage (磨叽哥).

3. Extra Driver shouldn't be needed, Win7 will recognize the device -> therefore don't install manually ADB-, or USB-Driver.

II. Flash
1. Switch tablet (off) and disconnect every cable and charger.

2. Start on PC "RKBatchTool.exe" and choose under the item "FW Path" an IMG (see I. Preparation).

3. Now press Volume (-) on tablet -> keep pressing and connect at the same time the tablet (upper microUSB port, not OTG) with PC -> as soon as you hear the PC is successfully connected or you see in RKBatchTool under "Connected Devices" a green light, then you can stop pressing Volume (-) and the tablet should be recognized from "RKBatchTool".

4. Click in RKBatchTool "Restore" (not Upgrade) and flashing should start; the first-time boot will last longer than normally - you can close RKBatchTool and disconnect the USB cable as soon as the tablet is booted.

What is the reason for using the restore button rather than the upgrade
Button?

I have used the upgrade on two firmwares

Thank you

bytemuncher

Apr 29, 2011
Tokyo
This thread is super helpful. I have an oem u9gt2 on the way and was looking for a straightforward guide. Kinda curious what rom everyone is running?

From reading around the net it seems wackym's is popular as well as Visture android 2.3 stock rom.

dmagee

Mar 11, 2012
This thread is super helpful. I have an oem u9gt2 on the way and was looking for a straightforward guide. Kinda curious what rom everyone is running?

From reading around the net it seems wackym's is popular as well as Visture android 2.3 stock rom.

I have tried the stock v1.5 gingerbread with the Honeycomb ui from the Cube website and found it very fast and stable, also tried the Wackym v1.08 Ics and found that excellent, not quite as nippy but still excellent, I changed the built in Ics launcher for Apex launcher on the market and this improved the speed of the functionality, really well with tons of options!. Unfortunately on the Wackym firmware the flash is flaky with things like iPlayer etc but that is not down to him, as flash on Ics is not officially supported even if on the market the latest version states support for Android 4 devices. I am sure this will be fixed in the coming months though.

Wackym firmware
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1420553

Stock firmware Ics and Gingerbread
http://www.51cube.com/tools.asp

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dozz01

Feb 22, 2012
What is the reason for using the restore button rather than the upgrade Button? I have used the upgrade on two firmwares. Thank You

The "upgrade" button works just sometimes, e.g. if you upgrade from one Easypad ROM to another. But if you switch to a different ROM, then the "upgrade" button often doesn't work anymore. With "restore" you have a clean flash procedure. It can also be useful, for new devices or after flashing a new ROM, to do a "factory data reset" (in 2.3.1 under settings/private; 4.0.3 settings/Backup&reset). This will sometimes stabilize the firmware and prevent unexpected failures or bugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tekkaro

bytemuncher

Apr 29, 2011
Tokyo
I have tried the stock v1.5 gingerbread with the Honeycomb ui from the Cube website and found it very fast and stable, also tried the Wackym v1.08 Ics and found that excellent, not quite as nippy but still excellent, I changed the built in Ics launcher for Apex launcher on the market and this improved the speed of the functionality, really well with tons of options!.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am downloading this one "U9GT 2固件V1.05(安卓2.3系统固件)" from cube's website. I assume this is the gingerbread version you were referring to.

The honeycomb ui is included in the rom or is that something you added? Apologies if it's a stupid question as this will be my first android tablet.

Seems a few people are sticking with gingerbread until the bugs are worked out of ICS. I recall reading that someone thought graphics looked clearer or sharper with ICS on the u9gt2...wondering if this was just the user's imagination or if there is some logic behind this.

dmagee

Mar 11, 2012
Yes that 's the Gingerbread version and the honeycomb ui is built in, however I have installed Go Launcher Ex on the Gingerbread Rom makes it really quick. That replaces the honeycomb launcher but you still get all the other honeycomb parts like the bottom taskbar etc. Try it you won't regret it. As for the graphics looking better under Ics maybe the menus look clearer etc due to the new fonts but that is about it. The excellent IPs screen makes is look superb on Gingerbread and Ics. :)

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

Tekkaro

Nov 24, 2011
the Moage tools are included in Moages ROMs - maybe they are also to big for uploading here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for guides and tips related to Cube U9GT2, Window N90, Visture V2, and Easypad 970.

Questions: For further questions some very nice threads already exist in: XDA (EN), SlateDroid (EN), Chinamobiles (DE), 4PDA (RU), and Moage (CN).

Everyone is welcome to post here their own guides/tips, even when already similar topics exist. Unfortunately often guides and tips vanish in endless thread pages. Here is a suitable place to bundle all these in one place together and link them in needed user posts.

Guides & Tips - How to:
    01. Use the storage of my device (#2)
    02. Root (#3)
    03. Flash a Firmware (#4)
    04. Use Moage's ROMs (#5)
    05. Make Gameloft Games visible/installable (#6)
    06. Use 3G (#32 by Darkjesus)
    07. Stabilize my WiFi (#34)
    08. Use Ad-hoc WiFi (extLink.01; extLink.02 + special wpa_supplicant)
    09. Customize ROMs (extLink.01 + extLink.02)
    10. Use a different charger (extLink)
    11. Fix the "Google Play Store" (extLink)
    12. Use CIFS (extLink)
    13. Improve speaker quality + volume (#35)
    14. Install GApps correctly (#36)
    15. Do Screenshots in ICS without root (#37)
    16. Tweak build.prop (extLink)
    17. Unpack an IMG
    18. Open the Tablet
    19. Make Bluetooth working
    (01) How to: Use the storage of my device

1. Turn tablet (on), and switch debugging (off)

2. Connect device with PC (Win7) and use tablet's upper microUSB port (not OTG)

3. Windows will now try to install drivers, this will last ~20sec, mostly Win7 will succeed
    -> if not then download "RK2918-USB-Drivers" and direct Win7 to those drivers; sometimes it will happen that windows cannot handle Intel drivers -> then choose AMD drivers

-> the result should be, e.g.:

img.jpeg
    (2) How to: Root

I. Preparation, "ADB Driver" installation:
    1. Turn tablet (on), and switch debugging (on)

2. Connect device with PC (Win7) and use tablet's upper microUSB port (not OTG).

3. Windows will now try to install drivers, but Win7 will not succeed - if already drivers are installed (yellow triangle) remove them completely.

4. Open device manager (start/control panel/device manager) and click on your tablet-device name (e.g. Cube) and choose "update driver".

5. Now select: Browse my Computer -> Let me pick -> All Devices -> Have Disk.

6. Download and unzip "ADB-Drivers" then navigate (see step 5.) to "android_winusb.inf"; next: choose "Android ADB Interface". ADB Drivers will now be installed.

img.jpeg

II. Root
    1. Download suitable root software:
    a) 2.3.1: GingerBreak-v1.20.apk, SuperOneClick 1.7,
    b) 4.0.3: SuperOneClick 2.3.1.0 (changed CN), SuperOneClick 2.3.3 (Changed by Verdeler).

2. Start GingerBreak.apk on tablet or SuperOneClick.exe on PC (run as administrator).

3. Click "root" within SuperOneClick -> done. ;)
    (03) How to: Flash a Firmware

I. Preparation
    1. Choose and download an IMG (Firmware):
    a) StockROM: Cube U9GT 2, Window N90, Visture V2, Easypad 970.
    b) CustomROM: XDA (wackym), SlateDroid (s1eepy), SlateDroid (db260179), Moage (磨叽哥), FlashMyAndroid (prox32).

4. Charge Tablet to >70%

II. Flash
    1. Turn tablet (off) and disconnect every cable and charger.

4. Click in RKBatchTool "Restore" (not Upgrade) and the flash process should begin; the first-time boot will last longer than normally - you can close RKBatchTool and disconnect the USB cable as soon as the tablet is booted.

(04) How to: Use Moage's ROMs

I. Preparation:
    1. Download Moage's ROM and unzip: Link
    2. Charge Tablet to >70%
    3. Switch tablet (off) and disconnect every cable and charger

II. Flash Moage's ROM:
    1. Moage's FlashTools:
    a) Moage 4.3.5: Open "MoageRomFlash.exe" and choose how much space for applications you would like to have, don't get confused from chinese ;) you will nevertheless see numbers those are important -> click the number you like most, after this the "MoageRKtool.exe" will start automatically
    b) Moage x.x.x: when there is no "MoageRomFlash.exe" then start "MoageRKtool.exe" and go on with step 2.

img.jpeg

2. Now press Volume (-) on tablet -> keep pressing and connect at the same time the tablet (upper microUSB port, not OTG) with PC -> as soon as you hear the PC is successfully connected or you see in MoageRKtool "Found RKAndroid...", then you can stop pressing Volume (-) and the tablet should be recognized from "RKBatchTool".

3. In "MoageRKtool" select all items except "Backup" and manually link to those files
    => then click at first "EraseIDB" (red circle), after that: click "Run"(blue circle) -> even when it is in chinese the buttons order will be the same.

img.jpeg

4. Wait until the device is booted, then remove USB cable and close FlashTools.

Done. :cool:

Extra-Feature:
    => If your tablet wont boot anymore, and you don't want to lose your data and settings, then do this to fix the boot problem:
    1. Start "MoageRKtool.exe" and select: "Loader", "Parameter", "Boot" and "System"
    2. Click "Run" (don't click EraseIDB). Now it will replace just some important system files and the rest will remain.