[Q] Rooted Free Wifi Hotspot problems

Search This thread

filthimoney

Dec 29, 2013
So I'm running a paid version of Wifi Tether Router which is confirmed working on this device. Using Wpa2, Method 3, hostap patch on/off etc. And combinations of other things and at one point had an access point created but nothing would connect due to I.P. issue. Should my wireless signal be on or off under quick settings? I cannot find the flashable odex rom due to the xda download server being down.
Any help would be much appreciated as I have a house full of gadgets, and brand new 4G at our new house and it's amazingly fast.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

hobokenshmo

Feb 13, 2014
Hmm, I always just use some kind of custom rom and then the native tether service within the settings works 100% of the time with no issues. I have no experience with any tethering apps so I just thought I'd throw in what I know works with great speeds and without fail.

filthimoney

Dec 29, 2013
I guess I can always flash back and update. I was just waiting for stock KitKat before I began looking for a rom simply for the S pen support. I use it all the time. This beast is my Daily driver and run my business from it and love the S pen.
So yea still no luck with my wifi tether router app. Guess I'm off to find a rom. Any suggestions? I'm a compatibility seeker. Heimdall FTW.
Any help with the app is still appreciated though in case I ever go back.
Thanks

tmwilsoniv

Sep 16, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I guess I can always flash back and update. I was just waiting for stock KitKat before I began looking for a rom simply for the S pen support. I use it all the time. This beast is my Daily driver and run my business from it and love the S pen.
So yea still no luck with my wifi tether router app. Guess I'm off to find a rom. Any suggestions? I'm a compatibility seeker. Heimdall FTW.
Any help with the app is still appreciated though in case I ever go back.
Thanks

I have Easy Tether (paid) from a few years ago side-loaded on the N3. It's there "just in case" but I haven't needed it since flashing the Hot Spot mod. It works flawlessly and has been 100% consistent. Give it a try.

On a side note, I flashed the Hot Spot Mod while I was "Rooted Stock," had to do a factory reset (full wipe) followed by re-rooting and found that the Hot Spot mod was still intact and working flawlessly. No need to re-flash. Unfortunately, I did not check to see if the Hot Spot remained unlocked prior to re-rooting the device.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2614185

filthimoney

Dec 29, 2013
Found a working odexed mj4 mod. Thank you guys so much. It's all good now