[ROM] [AOSP] » LIQUIDSMOOTH » JellyBean [4.1.2] RC 8 [QUINCYATT] » 15th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Jamesyboy

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago, IL
Issue solved. Is there any way I can get this post removed? If not...I'll be back soon to contribute to the project.

Last edited:

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
Must say this is smooooooth so far and snappy.......notification background flickers a little ......

Sent from my SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

Alright ...Google now won't stay open .....any fixes or I'm moving on to another ROM

Sent from my SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

liquidpooga.png

liq0005group1.png

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.
    As a team, we are dedicated to providing Android users with smooth, stable and fast Roms :)

Ours is an open source project. Please feel free to look at our code on LiquidSmooth GitHub

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project.

Furthermore, we also extend our gratitude to AOKP, Team CNA and Team EOS for parts of their code that we have incorporated.

Credit: Eric Hobart

liq0004group3.png

There have been lots of changes since RC 5 released.
    We have tried to incorporate various fixes and look into stability issues as well.

Some major additions and fixes, which we have incorporated and would like to give credit for are as follows-

Code:
    [COLOR="Blue"][B]LIQUID[/B][/COLOR][B]SMOOTH [/B][I][B]RC 8[/B][/I] Changelog

(Being Updated)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[COLOR="Blue"][B]LIQUID[/B][/COLOR][B]SMOOTH [/B][I][B]RC 7[/B][/I] Changelog

◘ Fix LTE Toggle Modes - XoomDev

◘ Added Navbar widgets/Resizable Navar Widgets - Zaphod-Beeblebrox

◘ Custom navbar targets for tablets/Tabui - Stevespear426

◘ Addded group mms threading - viekvanasani

◘ UI overhaul including Lockscreen Shortcut Bugfixed and power widget fixes - Danesh

◘ Added special Paranoid Android Sauce - Credit Paranoid Android

◘ [B]Added USB Mass torage support for tablet mode[/B] - DAGr8

◘ SystemUI-Fix menu button in landscape - Zaphod-Beeblebrox

◘ Fix H+ and add new navbar widget icon - kwes1020

◘ "Death by subtlety" aka updated holo pngs - ToxicThunder

◘ SystemUI: Recents Ram Bar - Stevespear426

◘ Security hole fix (prevent logging of lock pattern) - CM

◘ Added home button unlock option - invisibleK

◘ Bugfix for samsung usb dock events - StevenHarperUK

◘ Make toggles hidable - Stevespear426

◘ Add setting to allow haptic feedback on toggle press -gdanko

◘ [B]COMPLETE SETTINGS LAYOUT/ICON OVERHAUL[/B] - ToxicThunder

◘ Added support for wired headset detection - Sudhir Sharma

◘ Fix for UI LockUP with headset insert/removal - Ravi Kumar Alamanda

◘ Show more info during boot dialog (i.e. "package _ of _ is being optimized") - JbirdVegas

◘ Fix Haptic Feedback Bugs while switching toggles - sethyx

◘ Fix NFC Toggle not working if it was not on @ boot - sethyx

◘ [B]Huge Liquid Splasher overhaul including strings/summaries, layouts[/B]  - Liquid0624

◘ Added ability to hide expanded Desktop - D4rKn3sSyS

◘ Brand new boot animation - ToxicThunder

◘ KT747 10/28 kernel and Ktweaker for D2xxx U.S. builds - Ktoonsez

◘ Leankernel 4.5.0 for toro, maguro - Imoseyon

◘ Leankernel 0.3 for grouper - Imoseyon

liq0003group4.png

READ THIS

I've heard complaints about people "bricking" (technically this rom could not brick your phone - it just makes it unbootable which is much, much different and much easier to fix - by flashing the correct rom for your device) their phones.

This phone is the Galaxy Note ATT i717. Its code name is quincyatt. If you see something other than this, don't flash it. If you do, and your phone is hosed... we kinda told you so. RESEARCH YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING. If you don't know how to fix issues, then don't flash until you do.

Liquid JB v2.0 QuincyAT&T Builds

liq0002group5.png

Liquid0624

Liquidzgrl

Nocoast

Hiemanshu

ToxicThunder

RaymanFX

DaGr8

DG4Prez

liq0001group5copy.png

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourselves update on the go!

Facebook

Twitter

Google+

liq0000group5copy2.png

Like our work ?

Many hours have been spent bringing you this release.
    You may show your appreciation and support for our project by considering a small donation -

Core Developers

Device Maintainers and Support Team

--
    We haven't quit. 4.2.1 is not yet booting on the domestic Note 1 and GSM S2 platforms. I promise, we haven't abandoned this platform. I've even got an s2 Skyrocket (AT&T version) coming to assist with development as soon as there are bootable kernels for 4.2.1.

I've modified the OP for a direct link. I won't do this all the time - there are a lot of threads to maintain. However, we're adding functionality so that you can download the rom via goomanager, which should make things a bit simpler and safer. Please do not download a file unless it says quincy or you are CERTAIN it is for your phone. d2att is the Galaxy s3.
    Maybe standards have dropped, but "maybe 2 or 3 total reboots" in the span of a few days should be a pretty big warning flag. Spontaneous reboots should never happen. When they do, there should be some sort of diagnostic provided by the phone to help track down the problem. On a phone with healthy hardware and stable kernel, userland apps should not be able to cause an unwanted reboot. My phone rebooted twice today for no apparent reason. The first time was after I sent an SMS to three friends. The second time was browsing Facebook in Dolphin.

Ideally, the only time I should have to reboot is when flashing a new ROM. Right now, we are very far from that ideal.

Is this your first time on a Jelly Bean ROM on the Note? As far as I know of, EVERY ROM gets random reboots. We don't have source and these ROMs were built from scratch. If you can show me a Note thread with absolutely zero reboots based off a JB / CM10 kernel, then I will agree with you. I have been on nearly every ROM for the Note and have experienced a reboot on each and every one of them. You said a "stable" kernel, but we won't have that until we have source. It's not a warning, it's a beta.
    Well I'm happy to inform everyone I have a 4.2.1 build for our note I used source and the very unknown device the S3 alpha ( japan siii variant has noteii specs hardware wise its from a carrier called docomo look it up if you think im lying lol ) it boots I didn't say anything much more than that yet. I'd like to make it liquid although I know he fried his mother board I've compiled a 4.2.1 kernel from Linux source too working on both currently if anyone gets up with liquid tell them to pm me I'm working on helping perhaps we can get together and make our note have the buttery goodness needs alot of work to get it where its going but why make a new ROM when all I've used is liquid and aokp why not stick with them if anyones working on anything let me know

Sent from my Samsung-SGH-I717 4.2.1 alpha ??? Build kobos311 Linux source kernel oc'd to 1.8ghz (for now) using Tapatalk HD
    Wow this is crazy, 4 bricked phones? Guess its all user error though huh? Smh

Until someone can show evidence to the contrary, then yes. I don't know these people, nor do I know their level of expertise when it comes to stuff like this. I've seen people describe a boot loop as "a bricked phone"... do we know that all reports here are from people who understand the proper terminology? One fellow seems to think that simply having the correctly-named file is sufficient, without checking the MD5 checksum. So we need to ascertain that ALL reports are of a hard-bricked phone caused by flashing the ROM and not by a coincidental hardware fault or other problem. I've personally gone back and forth between RC7 and RC8 three times (and now back on a hybrid RC7 + RC8), and have yet to encounter any major problems. Since we're all using the same hardware, starting from the same state (full wipe, etc.), and flashing the same ZIP files, there must be some other factor causing these problems.