[Q] Help Rooting

Search This thread

Phaze1585

May 22, 2012
Ive got an unlocked XZU, its the c6806 version, and its running 4.3. Anyone know a root method for this? I am also trying to flash custom roms as well.

techpal

Mar 19, 2011
INDIA
I dont quite understand. Are you saying, that sense my bootloader is already unlocked, that I dont even need to root my device?

Ya you dont need to root before installing Roms like CM,PA,etc. as they are already prerooted.
For safer side you can always flash Super Su.zip in recovery after flashing custom rom like CM,PA.

Phaze1585

May 22, 2012
Ya you dont need to root before installing Roms like CM,PA,etc. as they are already prerooted.
For safer side you can always flash Super Su.zip in recovery after flashing custom rom like CM,PA.

Thank you. Does my phone already come with its own recovery? I know im coming off as a noob, but this is my first time trying to do his for anything besides a samsung Note.

Emilius

Feb 25, 2011
Earth
I don't want to open another threat but is there any way to root 290 (4.3) on my C6833? Do I need to go down first? My bootloader is still locked and I would like to backup TA partition firs just in case. So first I need to do is get SU in somehow to be able to backup TA. After that I will be rrady for bootloader I guess.

So is there any way to rot 290? I did try some methods but non of them works. I really need that GPE on me ZU. :fingers-crossed:

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
I don't want to open another threat but is there any way to root 290 (4.3) on my C6833? Do I need to go down first? My bootloader is still locked and I would like to backup TA partition firs just in case. So first I need to do is get SU in somehow to be able to backup TA. After that I will be rrady for bootloader I guess.

So is there any way to rot 290? I did try some methods but non of them works. I really need that GPE on me ZU. :fingers-crossed:

Read the stickies in the general section, that is what they are there for...

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Reactions: Emilius

Emilius

Feb 25, 2011
Earth
READ THE STICKY

it is all explained here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2569904

Do the first two orange steps
Then the three purple
Then move on to flashing roms etc

Simples

Root with restore by byn4ry v33 did not work on my c6833 (option 3). The proces just stopped after restore screen on Zu. If I downgrade my Zu then I will also have older baseband. If i downgrade, root and go back to 290 will i loose root? Is there any way to keep it? All I am trying to do is keep latest baseband with GPE rom.

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Root with restore by byn4ry v33 did not work on my c6833 (option 3). The proces just stopped after restore screen on Zu. If I downgrade my Zu then I will also have older baseband. If i downgrade, root and go back to 290 will i loose root? Is there any way to keep it? All I am trying to do is keep latest baseband with GPE rom.

<SIGH>
Downgrade to .532 ftf (you will lose IMEI and cell reception if on .290)
Root with Bin4ry's tool - option 0
Back up TA
Unlock bootloader
Flash .290 ftf (all of it)
install recovery (look in the general thread for jackies post - read the unlocked BL thread) or flash the one in the rom if it has recovery
boot into recovery
flash GPe ROM
???
proffit

all of the above is off the top of my head as I cant be buggered to look it all up, but YOU should. Don't blame me if you brick the phone etc

Do all of the above with the latest flashtool etc and a full battery - avoid black cats

Reactions: Emilius

hassanmahmood

Jan 3, 2012
<SIGH>
Back up TA
Unlock bootloader
install recovery (look in the general thread for jackies post - read the unlocked BL thread) or flash the one in the rom if it has recovery
boot into recovery
flash GPe ROM
???
proffit

all of the above is off the top of my head as I cant be buggered to look it all up, but YOU should. Don't blame me if you brick the phone etc

Do all of the above with the latest flashtool etc and a full battery - avoid black cats

That's my ultimate fear in all of this with a locked BL - I have had way too many black cats in my life in the past year... I just can't bring myself to take the plunge after all the bricks.

techpal

Mar 19, 2011
INDIA
But you do need root to back up the TA partition before unlocking the bootloader before being able to boot roms like PA, CM etc

But since he already has unlocked bootloader it doesnt matter if he doest TA partition. Thts why I didn't said about TA partition,
Anyways after unlocking bootloader its of no use if has backed TA partition or no.

Last edited:

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
But since he already has unlocked bootloader it doesnt matter if he doest TA partition. Thts why I didn't said about TA partition,
I also assumed as he has unlocked bootloader so he would have done TA partition.

It was more as a warning to others, there has been a spat of people in the last two weeks that can't/won't read stickies and have unlocked the BL with no backup - so the more places people see the instructions the better ;)

123eb

Oct 12, 2008
help needed as i am really lost

i am new to sony x z ultra, tried for 2 days to use the little piece left in my brain to root my device and went through a lot and nothing!

my request is simple I need a one click rooting procedure (device data: model(c6833) - android 4.3 - build # 14.2.A.0.290) or detailed steps for noops

sorry for being so dum but where else to go or who I can ask for help except here
:rolleyes:

hassanmahmood

Jan 3, 2012
i am new to sony x z ultra, tried for 2 days to use the little piece left in my brain to root my device and went through a lot and nothing!

my request is simple I need a one click rooting procedure (device data: model(c6833) - android 4.3 - build # 14.2.A.0.290) or detailed steps for noops

sorry for being so dum but where else to go or who I can ask for help except here
:rolleyes:

There's no 'one-click' rooting procedure.

There are, however, very detailed, in-depth, easy-to-follow instructions at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2569904

It takes the slightest bit of effort to find all the information you're looking for - at least try.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    None if that is working on 290. I can not unlock bootloader before I make backup of TA. So that I did not try. I simply can not find any root that works on 290. I love my Zu but I already missing my N5. :(

READ THE STICKY

it is all explained here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2569904

Do the first two orange steps
    Then the three purple
    Then move on to flashing roms etc

Simples

<SIGH>
    Back up TA
    Unlock bootloader
    boot into recovery
    flash GPe ROM
    ???
    proffit