[Q] I am now S-Off w/ Bootloader Unlocked using Firewater!

Search This thread

J_Abdalla52

Feb 1, 2014
I just tried to redo the temproot and i got the response "there really isnt a helluva lot to do here bye bye"

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
Boot to your boot loader. What does it say? Unlocked? S off? If so, you just need to flash a recovery in fast boot then install a Rom of your choice.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: J_Abdalla52

wwindexx

Jan 30, 2014
Pittsburgh
Boot to your boot loader. What does it say? Unlocked? S off? If so, you just need to flash a recovery in fast boot then install a Rom of your choice.

Mine says Unlocked and S-Off. Whenever I select recovery, the screen blacks out and eventually I get a silhouette of my phone and a big "no" symbol. When I try to run the commands from the bootloader screen it doesn't detect my device.

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
Mine says Unlocked and S-Off. Whenever I select recovery, the screen blacks out and eventually I get a silhouette of my phone and a big "no" symbol. When I try to run the commands from the bootloader screen it doesn't detect my device.

Download the latest Twrp recovery from the HTC one Verizon thread under original android development and flash it in fastboot.

Reactions: wwindexx

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
It worked for me! Thank you. Now my next step - I downloaded the latest cm7 nightly. How do I flash it over?

Well you can boot normally now to your stock Verizon 4.3 os, copy the Rom to downloads folder of internal memory, boot into recovery, go to wipe, just slide to restore to factory then go to install and choose the Rom you downloaded and install it.

Or you can have your phone booted to recovery, press adb sideload on the phone, swipe to enable sideload. On your pc change directory to where the Rom is and type adb sideload nameofrom.zip in the terminal.

Reactions: wwindexx

wwindexx

Jan 30, 2014
Pittsburgh
Well you can boot normally now to your stock Verizon 4.3 os, copy the Rom to downloads folder of internal memory, boot into recovery, go to wipe, just slide to restore to factory then go to install and choose the Rom you downloaded and install it.

Or you can have your phone booted to recovery, press adb sideload on the phone, swipe to enable sideload. On your pc change directory to where the Rom is and type adb sideload nameofrom.zip in the terminal.

Thank you, it worked! If anybody is following, the adb sideload option is in the advanced options of TWRP. Thank you everyone for your help. Android is upgrading as of right now optimizing apps for cm7. xda-devs you are wonderful.

rockingrubberducky

Dec 8, 2012
has anyone tried on os x?

i have everything set up but when i type in /data/local/tmp/firewater on the os x terminal i get the error:-bash: /data/local/tmp/firewater: No such file or directory

What can i do to fix this?

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
has anyone tried on os x?

i have everything set up but when i type in /data/local/tmp/firewater on the os x terminal i get the error:-bash: /data/local/tmp/firewater: No such file or directory

What can i do to fix this?

You have to be admin. And you must be in the directory of the firewater and temp root files. Change directory to where you have those files, make sure you have adb set up correctly by including it in your osx path, and issue the equivalent of sudo su on the Mac. I'm not sure how you get admin rights in terminal on a Mac, it's been a couple years since I've had a Mac.

unorthodoxx

Mar 4, 2006
YayArea
I cannot gain s-off with firewater, can you tell me the version hboot you had before and the rom you were running. I just think it isn't compatible with mine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Congrats! Well you need to flash a recovery. Get a recovery.img http://flyhalf205.com/getdownload.php?file=recoveries/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.4-m7vzw.img and place it on your pc in the same folder as the fastboot.exe file. Open a cmd prompt and navigate to the directory where the 2 files are. Boot the phone to bootloader (hboot). Then in the cmd terminal type
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache
    then
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery nameofrecoveryimg.img
    If you are s-off and unlocked all you need to do is flash that recovery i posted, and then flash a rom of your choosing. Most every rom comes pre-rooted. I assume right now you are stock. If you want to stay stock just flash that recovery, then flash superuser thru recovery and you will be rooted.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Where did you get the firewater download from, got a link?

Never mind i found it http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/
    I got a error that said i don't have su binaries? anyone else?

Are you rooted? Or did you install twrp and it says that? You have to be root in Linux to run the command.

Ex: cd Downloads/firewater
    Sudo su
    Type your password

Yeah you need the temp root method because your stock and locked, unrooted. Make sure you are admin when you run it.

I used minimal adb do you think that could have tampered with the process?

It should not as long as you place the firewater files in the same location of the temp adb directory and run commands as admin.