Tempered glass screen protectors for the G2 are available...

Search This thread

Sushiglobster

Feb 25, 2012
Been there. Which one has the black trim to cover the logo ?

Whoa, there is a tempered glass version that covers the logo? Please sign me up for that. I'm trying to find a way to hide the hideous Verizon logo while also applying a tempered glass protector.

If such a product exists, I'll buy it for sure.

EDIT: I found this from Seidio. It's for the GS3, but perhaps they'll make an LG G2 version? Notice the black trim: http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-vitreo-screen-guard-black-p/sptssgs3-bk.htm

EDIT 2: Emailed Iloome about their product. They just responded with a "No." they are not planning to produce a version with black trim. Only clear.

Last edited:

fhblake04

Sep 16, 2013
I emailed Seidio about their product line for the G2 last week, and they sad it wasn't finalized. I'm a huge Seidio fan. I hope they do, this would be awesome!

psychoace

Apr 21, 2009
Just FYI, I looked around some more and I saw a video of the "flex" model and it does "crack" on impact like a full glass one during the impact test. Obviously none of these splinter into shards to cut you, but the flexible one is definitely made of a material that is brittle enough to crack in the familiar spider web pattern of traditional tempered glass.

You can see this here at 7:25:

I think that is actually a positive though. Which would you rather have crack your screen or the screen protector when you drop your phone? The screen protector here would absorb most of the force then

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DeaconBoogie

Aug 20, 2010
Omaha, NE
I think that is actually a positive though. Which would you rather have crack your screen or the screen protector when you drop your phone? The screen protector here would absorb most of the force then

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bro, I wasn't *****ing about it. I was trying to tell a previous poster that it is indeed glass and not plastic, "and here's a video that proves it." :)

thestrangebrew

Jul 14, 2012
I've never used a glass protector but I'm definitely interested. Might have to order one now!!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 2

SysAdmNj

Jun 29, 2010
But do you have to specify what carrier version of the device you have? I know in cases you do.

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
Cases need to be carrier specific (sometimes) because Verizon has a thicker case and some other changes. As far as I know the actual screen size and shape is the same for all models so you should not need anything carrier specific.

SysAdmNj

Jun 29, 2010
I hope so, I'm probably going to order one later on. Never had a glass screen protector. I think my biggest concern would be how it plays with a tpu case. I've had flimsy screen protectors act weird on corners. Hopefully this stays put and plays nice with case.

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta
after reading reviews I am hesitant.... the one from the OP evidently shatters easy and the flexible one scratches easy... I may wait to see other's products

kyler13

Jul 1, 2010
I hope so, I'm probably going to order one later on. Never had a glass screen protector. I think my biggest concern would be how it plays with a tpu case. I've had flimsy screen protectors act weird on corners. Hopefully this stays put and plays nice with case.

With the curvature at the edge of the G2's screen, I think you'll find the screen protectors are a bit undersized to prevent issues with adhesion. That will also mean no interference with a case. Perhaps some of the folks on here with carrier accessory screen protectors and tpu cases can chime in.

after reading reviews I am hesitant.... the one from the OP evidently shatters easy and the flexible one scratches easy... I may wait to see other's products

At 8H hardness, it won't scratch nearly as easy as plastic screen protectors.
Anything can be scratched if abraded hard enough.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4

kyler13

Jul 1, 2010
Wait, you got the iloome screen protector for the LG G2 already???

rndchef

Jun 4, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
With the curvature at the edge of the G2's screen, I think you'll find the screen protectors are a bit undersized to prevent issues with adhesion. That will also mean no interference with a case. Perhaps some of the folks on here with carrier accessory screen protectors and tpu cases can chime in.

I am using Skinomi screen protector and no adhesion issue and I keep it in my pocket all the time. One issue is where I knock knock, I can see indentations all over the place. Was hoping the glass would work better and thinking about buying soon.

energie

Nov 2, 2006
Lecce
so no glass yet without problems? :(

im looking to buy one since normal screen protectors have edge problems because of the curvature

kyler13

Jul 1, 2010
so no glass yet without problems? :(

im looking to buy one since normal screen protectors have edge problems because of the curvature

Huh? I have some cheap eBay screen protectors that work fine with a reasonable edge exclusion. I find it hard to believe premium manufacturers wouldn't do this. Stranger things have happened, though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!

We are sooooooo sorry about this whole situation and to all our iloome customers who have purchase the LG G2 ScreenMAte products. We sincerely apologize for the experience.

We are aware of the issues with lifting at the edges and we are working to fix this problem as soon as possible. All customers affected by this issue will be given a full refund upon request. All you'd need to do is send us your Order ID #, a picture of the issue (so that you don't have to send us back the packaging and record-keeping purposes) and the carrier that you are using on our support email, and we'll handle the rest.

We know we screwed up, and we are really sorry for whole fiasco in regards to LG G2 products. We completely understand if you are furious with us, and we promise you that we'll make it right! We'll also continue to improve that similar issue never arises again!
    OK, so, my Glass-M arrived today! Odd, as the tracking code never showed anything at all. But, it's here.

Firstly. The protector DOES fit. It will cover the width of the screen as the previous pic showed. You just have to have the steadiest hands in the world to achieve the 100% perfect placement. I think I did not achieve this, but, I'm 95-98% happy with how I did it ha ha. But, have no fear if thinking of ordering, it does fit.

Touch response is exactly the same to be honest. Very pleased with that. Colours are basically the same too. All following pics are screen brightness at 50%.

I have no air bubbles, but had to lift it up once to replace it, which has made the top edge 'prongs' a little less sticky, but, they are stuck down still, and don't interfere with the screen, so all good.

I am using it with a Spigen Slim Armor case. It all fits perfectly, so that is one case for sure that will work with it :good:

Anyway, enough blather from me, enjoy the pics! (sorry, all pics of my phone itself were taken with a lumia 520 :()

Slight 'rainbow effect on top left as I was very close to going over the lcd panel. Be careful when applying. Not really a big issue when looking at it normally though.
    K, just did the installation of the iloome flex. Followed the direction on their youtube page and it was pretty smooth. The results however, I'm not totally satisfied. The size of the protector is pretty much like the stock protective film used by LG. I used that to line up the glass, to make sure it's as aligned as possible for clearance. Since I know the edge of our screens are curved. Anyway, right now it looks like there is 1 to 1.5 mm of lift around the edge of the protector. So far the lifted edge is still within the bezel, so it's not visible, and does not obscure the screen YET. I am happy they cut the glass around the front camera lense and sensors. I also have it installed with the Dizontric Matte TPU case. There is barely a hairline clearance on the sides between the TPU case and protector. Here are some pics, it was difficult to get my camera to focus. Better than nothing though right?
    Ships on 10/4 apparently... It looks like it's some kind of glass, maybe not the normal hard tempered glass type, but they claim 8H hardness.

http://www.iloome.com/LG-G2-Screen-Protector-Flexible/dp/B00F4IIGMM
    I've also received my Glass-M protector.
    It is perfect.

glassm1.jpg

glassm2.jpg

glassm3.jpg

glassm4.jpg