o2 Graphite build WM6.5English beta1!!!!!

Search This thread

drummer10630

Dec 30, 2005
Philippines
I tried using this and got nothing. It seems to be running, but doesn't flash the phone. What's the deal with the WM5storage .jpg? The instructions are not in English so is it prompting us to use a particular setting? When it apparently finishes, it just sits there waiting for the phone to reboot, which also never happens...Try again please, or post some instructions.

cubaseda

Jan 15, 2009
When it apparently finishes, it just sits there waiting for the phone to reboot, which also never happens...Try again please, or post some instructions.
This ROM intended for loading with use usb-cable.When phone is switched off,do so as for loading from a flash card.After phone will enter in flashing mode,connect it to the computer and also start "ezboot.exe".Jupiter.abi&Jupiter_SPBL.abi files,should is in one directory with ezboot.exe.I hope, will understand further:cool:

drummer10630

Dec 30, 2005
Philippines
This ROM intended for loading with use usb-cable.When phone is switched off,do so as for loading from a flash card.After phone will enter in flashing mode,connect it to the computer and also start "ezboot.exe".Jupiter.abi&Jupiter_SPBL.abi files,should is in one directory with ezboot.exe.I hope, will understand further:cool:

So do you mean, start the phone in Bootloader mode, and run the ezboot.exe file?

drummer10630

Dec 30, 2005
Philippines
Ok, It works. Here's how I accomplished it, and some of the features you will find in this rom. I used WINXP Pro SP3.

1. Disable (uncheck) "Allow USB" and "Allow Connections to one of the following" (Comm Ports) settings in Active Sync 4.5
2. Double click the EZBOOT.exe and then click the NEXT button (it's in a language that my computer can't read, so just assume the NEXT button is on the LEFT).
3. With the unit off, and the sim inserted, but no storage card, insert the USB cable and hold the joystick to the DOWN position (this is where many get confused, its the down or south direction, toward your body, NOT pressed IN), and press the power button at the same time. You will see it enter bootloader mode, and it says updating on the phone screen.
4. Now click the NEXT button on the EZBOOT program and it will flash your unit.
5. It took about 15 minutes and I was using a UK version O2 XDA Graphite, with the official WM6 O2 rom.
6. You will see red and green bars going left to right on your phone. Don't panic, it's normal.
7. It seems to finish the last bit faster than the rest, and reboots to the normal O2 Welcome screen, and then a NEW ORANGE Windows 2nd screen, then to the setup screen, with all the normal options.
8. The default homescreen is called Sliding Panel, and there is another new one called Sliding Panel Media which adds shortcuts for playing music, and viewing photos. I am sure someone has written a review of WM6.5 so I will leave the other descriptions for other websites.

A few notes:
it uses bootloader Eboot ver:UK_V3.4.0_XB FUU

and it SAYS you will be flashing OS M_V6.1.0_SZT_080320 and
RADIO V3.17.2 P10_2008-03-20 but I ended up with
RADIO V 2.17.2 P9_2007-06-11 so I guess my radio didn't change? No problem, I made sample texts and calls with zero issues.

The threaded text messaging is kinda cool and the sliding shortcut functions of the homescreen is handy...

In Settings/About it reads: Windows Mobile 6.5 Standard CE OS 5.2.23017 (build 23017.5.3.0). I am guessing that a hard reset will change my radio, but I will leave it for now, as it seems to be working ok. Thanks to cubaseda for the rom.

drummer10630

Dec 30, 2005
Philippines
Can this be used in o2 graphite Asian? Please suggest

If you try it and it doesn't allow you to flash, then the answer is still Yes, if you use ResHacker, and Open EZBOOT.exe in Reshacker.
Then modify the part of the package which is responsible for telling you that the phone you plugged in is not an XDA Graphite. And its actually correct, as the device name for Asian graphites is something like "O2 Graphite" not "XDA Graphite" which is what the installer is expecting. SO - Expand the node in the tree on the left that says "String Table" and then expand the node "3". Click the "1033" node, and you'll get some text displayed on the right. Look for a like that says: 34, "Xda Graphite" and change it to your device's name so it looks like this: "34, "O2 Graphite".
Click File -> Save As and save the updated package as something like UpdatedInstaller.exe.

Last edited:

FRAGEYE

Feb 6, 2009
Oh cool i wondered if there would be a ROM for this cool phone. I been looking for a while now. I will test. :)
Would be great to see more roms for this phone. I will test all new roms.

Last edited:

FRAGEYE

Feb 6, 2009
Hmm, i use windows 7 and tried this flash every way, it starts to flash then errors after 5 mins and doesn't do it. When it errors the usb makes a noise so it is like it stops communicating so not to flash. I'll have to flash on a m8's pc. :)

tigerstigers

Sep 28, 2009
o2 menu is not working post upgrade. Is there a way i could install the menu seperately.

Appreciate your help

Tabbe

Dec 19, 2005
a very good upgrade for graphite but without oem apps like o2 menu and o2 config
thanks for this rom
hope we can get another version with o2 oem apps

cubaseda

Jan 15, 2009
a very good upgrade for graphite but without oem apps like o2 menu and o2 config
thanks for this rom
hope we can get another version with o2 oem apps
This ROM requires completion.For those services O2 are necessary to a clod, i will lay out the special version later.Personally to me, it is not necessary,since in Russia and the adjacent countries there is no operator O2,and I consider the smartphone as Asus Jupiter:cool:

Last edited:

Tabbe

Dec 19, 2005
This ROM requires completion.For those services O2 are necessary to a clod, i will lay out the special version later.Personally to me, it is not necessary,since in Russia and the adjacent countries there is no operator O2,and I consider the smartphone as Asus Jupiter:cool:

no offence but your title of this post is also O2 Graphite as this model is sold to O2 from Asus.
as O2 Asia release xda graphite, it comes with o2 oem apps, its great to have more support than just microsoft default menu screen