One S - Stuck In Loop After Maximus HD Install

Search This thread

Tancred213

Oct 26, 2012
I browsed a few other threads, and tried to update the recovery with the latest version per the advice of a member, and prior to this, it was just stuck at the green HTC screen with the red disclaimer under it. And after flashing the newest recovery TWRP it has begun to loop.

I also cannot boot into recovery now. Only fastboot is working,.

Phone info is:

***UNLOCKED****
VLE PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID - 11111111
HBOOT- 1.14.0005
RADIO - 1.13.50.05.25
OPENDSP-V29.1.0.45.0622
EMMC-BOOT
NOV 21, 2012, 12:17:41

I believe everything is set for the Maximus ROM to work, but if I am missing something I would appreciate the feedback and help.

Thanks
Tancred

Last edited:
I browsed a few other threads, and tried to update the recovery with the latest version per the advice of a member, and prior to this, it was just stuck at the green HTC screen with the red disclaimer under it. And after flashing the newest recovery TWRP it has begun to loop.

I also cannot boot into recovery now. Only fastboot is working,.

Phone info is:

***UNLOCKED****
VLE PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID - 11111111
HBOOT- 1.14.0005
RADIO - 1.13.50.05.25
OPENDSP-V29.1.0.45.0622
EMMC-BOOT
NOV 21, 2012, 12:17:41

I believe everything is set for the Maximus ROM to work, but if I am missing something I would appreciate the feedback and help.

Thanks
Tancred

This is HTC ONE forum not ONE S , you can try with RUU.exe while you're in bootloader or " fastboot oem rebootRUU "

Tancred213

Oct 26, 2012
This is HTC ONE forum not ONE S , you can try with RUU.exe while you're in bootloader or " fastboot oem rebootRUU "

My bad, I was following posts about this ROM and assumed they were discussing the same phone. But it appears that there isn't a S thread, only an X for this model..

This takes me to a silver HTC logo and hangs there... I have fastboot access, but i cant get ADB to talk to the phone. But with fastboot I can push a new recovery img but still not allowing me into any recovery.

Tancred213

Oct 26, 2012
Tell me can you mount system or get in twrp or something to hold on?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Changed TWRP to CWM which is at least allowing me into recovery mode.

Thinking I will have to transfer the files with another android phone onto the memory and try to install the rom again?

Mounting USB fails, it just makes a sound like I have added a drive to my PC non stop every few seconds, and I cant mount anything. formatted it and it seems to have settled it a bit. But I cant do anything with the storage via USB in Windows. Just updated to the latest clockwork for my model and still no success...

With latest version I cant even sideload at the moment.

Tancred213

Oct 26, 2012
Changed TWRP to CWM which is at least allowing me into recovery mode.

Thinking I will have to transfer the files with another android phone onto the memory and try to install the rom again?

Mounting USB fails, it just makes a sound like I have added a drive to my PC non stop every few seconds, and I cant mount anything. formatted it and it seems to have settled it a bit. But I cant do anything with the storage via USB in Windows. Just updated to the latest clockwork for my model and still no success...

With latest version I cant even sideload at the moment.

Ok, sorted that out, apparently the drivers were having issues, and when I manually picked them I became able to communicate with the phone again like normal. This is like hour 8 of the upgrade so far...

Assuming my firmware is also outdated, and from my searching I havent found an easy way to update my hboot and others without flashing a RUU Rom from T-Mobile, any alternatives to doing that?

Tancred213

Oct 26, 2012
Pretty sure I killed it. Downloaded the latest RUU from T-Mobile, after relocking the bootloader and turning S-on, it ran fine, completed, rebooted the phone and now its totally dead. No charge light, doesnt turn on at all. And I was just thinking to myself how hard it is to brick a phone since I have yet to kill one with all of my misadventures....oops. We'll see what happens..

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Had you read the HTC One S forum, you would have found out that this particular phone can get hard bricked up S-OFF with SuperCID and then a RUU update is ran.