[Q] Can i downgrade to 4.2.2 without...

Search This thread

jancarlos1597

Oct 17, 2011
Can i downgrade my XT1080 aka Droid Maxx to 4.2.2 beign in 4.4? Or it will brick the phone?

I want to root the phone, but i only heard that you need to be in 4.2, if you're not, then you can't, it's that true? Or nah?

Thanks in advance guy!!! :fingers-crossed: :good:

DROID-MAXX-18.jpg

PS: i'm on 19.6.3.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Last edited:

kcipopnevets

Oct 6, 2013
Brooklyn
Can i downgrade my XT1080 aka Droid Maxx to 4.2.2 beign in 4.4? Or it will brick the phone?

I want to root the phone, but i only heard that you need to be in 4.2, if you're not, then you can't, it's that true? Or nah?

DROID-MAXX-18.jpg

You can attempt to root using Motorola Pie from jcase. In terms of downgrading, unless you have an unlocked bootloader, you're out of luck due to the bootloader security check.

Reactions: jancarlos1597

kcipopnevets

Oct 6, 2013
Brooklyn
Well, not hard bricked, I bought a Droid Maxx that someone flashed the Moto X 4.4.2 bootloader, and tried to flash the old Maxx one, just flashed again the Moto X bootloader and problem fixed.
I meant if you take an OTA prompt whilst on the incomplete downgraded firmware, the phone will become an unrecoverable paperweight once it tries to go to recovery ;)

Why someone would mess with bootloaders is beyond comprehension. Glad your Maxx is up and running!

I meant if you take an OTA prompt whilst on the incomplete downgraded firmware, the phone will become an unrecoverable paperweight once it tries to go to recovery ;)

Why someone would mess with bootloaders is beyond comprehension. Glad your Maxx is up and running!

The 4.4.2 on the Moto X is running the 30.B4 bootloader, in theory, if we receive and upgrade to 4.4.2 or better, is probably that bootloader is bundled to the OTA, so I think i'm going to be fine... I hope.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DROID-MAXX-18.jpg

You can attempt to root using Motorola Pie from jcase. In terms of downgrading, unless you have an unlocked bootloader, you're out of luck due to the bootloader security check.