Testing out T-Mobile

Search This thread

AndrasLOHF

Jan 7, 2013
I just got my SIM today and am ready to give T-Mobile a try. I still have my contract with Sprint so I'm a little unsure how to get this set up so that I can really try the network. I assume since my Sprint account is active I cannot port my number to T-Mobile. So how exactly would I go about testing the network for the phone side of things. Data I can test myself anytime. I don't want to have everyone I know change their contact info for me for it only to last a month or less if I don't like T-Mobile. I have Google Voice and have the Google Voice number as my current number. Will I get texts/voicemails through the app for my Sprint number? Can I port the number later if I want or do I have to get another SIM to do that?

laestrella

May 16, 2007
When I was testing out T Mobile I set my sprint number as my Google Voice number. Sprint is the only carrier that I know that allows my mobile number to be my Google Voice number. You could test it out this way and then switch back. The only downside that I had was mms. Your sprint phone will be able to handle it but the T Mobile one won't.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AndrasLOHF

edd247

Aug 18, 2011
Activate the t-mobile sim with a new # and use your sprint # as your Google voice number, like the guy above said . When someone calls or texts your sprint # you can have it ring to the t-mobile #. Then if you want to keep t-mobile you can port your # over at any time, just make sure the Sprint line is still active when you port

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: AndrasLOHF

AndrasLOHF

Jan 7, 2013
Okay so I got the SIM in, went online and set up an account, put money on the plan,.... got no signal???? Can't reach anyone through their chat either and this is the only phone in the house :crying:

Edit: Contacted T-Mobile with the Sprint SIM and had them refresh everything on the T-Mobile SIM. Everything works after that.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When I was testing out T Mobile I set my sprint number as my Google Voice number. Sprint is the only carrier that I know that allows my mobile number to be my Google Voice number. You could test it out this way and then switch back. The only downside that I had was mms. Your sprint phone will be able to handle it but the T Mobile one won't.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    Activate the t-mobile sim with a new # and use your sprint # as your Google voice number, like the guy above said . When someone calls or texts your sprint # you can have it ring to the t-mobile #. Then if you want to keep t-mobile you can port your # over at any time, just make sure the Sprint line is still active when you port

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app