OTG support? (vs USB Host)

Search This thread

nebitan

Jan 11, 2014
I dont see OTG support here gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g-5831.php it only has USB host support.
Whats the difference and what USB pheriperal can one connect to Moto G? Anyone can test it with their Moto G?
Thanks.

g.carvalho97

Mar 5, 2013
Working perfectly on XT1033(dual-sim).
But, there are some people saying it doesn't work on 4.4...
If you REALLY want OTG, better stay with 4.3

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

AwesomeTurtle

Sep 30, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
awesometurtle.com
No issues, no extra apps required (unless you're mounting storage, in which case the app StickMount is your friend).

I have a Logitech F310 gamepad which I have modded for microUSB, and it just works; I simply plug it into the phone and I can control the UI and tons of other things with just the D-pad and buttons.

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

akhilpo

Dec 3, 2010
I don't understand why google messed the USB storage functionality in kitkat, considering lot of people found it useful. Big fail. >_<

tmacher

Aug 31, 2012
Here it comes application using native kitkat Storage Access Framework-StickyCloud from creator of USB Stick Plugin-TC [LINK] Works perfect on Moto G without root. For now is some-kind of beta or even alpha so no cruel comments about the app. Just encourage the developer with good words and spread the news.
EDIT
Fixed the links to the app sorry there were bad ones

Last edited:
Reactions: AwesomeTurtle

gGerman

Jan 28, 2014
This is a great idea !!!! I just installed it and now I'm looking for the storage client and mp3 players that support this new framework. I would LOVE is lgCamera or some other camera (video recorder) could write directly in that directory.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use an otg cable on mine all the time works perfect

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
    Working perfectly on XT1033(dual-sim).
    But, there are some people saying it doesn't work on 4.4...
    If you REALLY want OTG, better stay with 4.3

Sent from my XT1033 using xda app-developers app

False information. 4.3 OTG works natively, with 4.4 you just need an OTG app like Stickmount.
    Here it comes application using native kitkat Storage Access Framework-StickyCloud from creator of USB Stick Plugin-TC [LINK] Works perfect on Moto G without root. For now is some-kind of beta or even alpha so no cruel comments about the app. Just encourage the developer with good words and spread the news.
    EDIT
    Fixed the links to the app sorry there were bad ones