Xperia E Dual Bricked

Search This thread

panos13

Jul 21, 2013
Ok, I have bricked my device a few times as I love tweaking and flashing ROMs. But , this time, I think I killed it for good.First of all, I tweaked my cm10 with vold.stab to switch sd cards. Rebooted. Internal SD card (vold.stab tweak -> external) not mounting/recognizing by the phone. I found some help articles , so I formatted the external , rebooted and now the phone is dead. If I connect to pc through flashmode or fastboot mode, Windows make the usual sound when you connect a device but it sees it as an unknown device, unable to find drivers. Phone not reacting to any button I press.I think I screwed it at last. :confused: :(

-Ric-

Sep 9, 2012
Lisboa
Ok, I have bricked my device a few times as I love tweaking and flashing ROMs. But , this time, I think I killed it for good.First of all, I tweaked my cm10 with vold.stab to switch sd cards. Rebooted. Internal SD card (vold.stab tweak -> external) not mounting/recognizing by the phone. I found some help articles , so I formatted the external , rebooted and now the phone is dead. If I connect to pc through flashmode or fastboot mode, Windows make the usual sound when you connect a device but it sees it as an unknown device, unable to find drivers. Phone not reacting to any button I press.I think I screwed it at last. :confused: :(

by formatting the "external sd card" AFTER doing the "vold.fstab tweak" you actually formatted the INTERNAL memory and not the external... i don't think there's any way to fix it, send it to sony if you still have warranty.

Reactions: panos13

panos13

Jul 21, 2013
by formatting the "external sd card" AFTER doing the "vold.fstab tweak" you actually formatted the INTERNAL memory and not the external... i don't think there's any way to fix it, send it to sony if you still have warranty.

Wait, i formatted it via the settings ,in the option above Apps. The phone thinks its the Internal Memory , but I actually deleted all the files in External SD. In other words , The REAL External sd card was formatted. The Real internal memory was unusable.

panos13

Jul 21, 2013
ok, im sending this to service although i think there is still hope. I did not format the phone's internal memory, but my ext card. The only sign that my phone is alive is that the Proximity Sensor is red , or active, when I connect the charger or press the power button.Also, Windows recognise it as an unknown device. So, is there surely no hope or what? Please help, so I can decide what to do. Thank you in advance.

PS: Is it sure that Customer Service can fix it without warranty?

S

SmashMii

If not under warranty, you might have to pay them to fix it for you.

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DyG121

May 9, 2014
Hi. Same thing happened to me. I was using CM10 on my Xperia J, but I didn't change anything else in the phone except the ROM. When i got new SDcard I decided to format it using my phone. I used the format option in Settings -> Storage and wanted to reboot the phone, but it didn't turn on. I can't access fastboot or flash mode or anything, it seems completely dead. I surely lost warranty while unlocking BootLoader and installing CM10. Can I do something to unbrick it?

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in
Hi. Same thing happened to me. I was using CM10 on my Xperia J, but I didn't change anything else in the phone except the ROM. When i got new SDcard I decided to format it using my phone. I used the format option in Settings -> Storage and wanted to reboot the phone, but it didn't turn on. I can't access fastboot or flash mode or anything, it seems completely dead. I surely lost warranty while unlocking BootLoader and installing CM10. Can I do something to unbrick it?

If it's less than an year old, just give it to Sony and tell them the warranty is still valid - I don't think they can check for bootloader unlock via hardware, and I'm pretty sure you wiped off all the software.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is what happens when people don't read enough about flashning and tweaking before doing it.

Think first, then do.
    You shouldn't have done that. It's VERY risky. Sorry for you...