[ROM] CapRom Turbo | AROMA | 07/06/12 | T-mobile

Search This thread

chrispaw

Jan 8, 2008
Disclaimer: By using this rom you acknowledge and agree to the following: you know what you are doing and I do not offer this ROM with any type of warranty. I am not responsible for any bricks, or damage to your phone.

Hi, welcome to CapRom Turbo. The Turbo in the name is a street fighter 2 reference, as my Amaze ROM was CE, "Turbo" is the just next logical step in the nomenclature.

This is really a side hobby for me as I know this is derivative work. Please consider donating to the real devs! This ROM is just for fun until the real roms we're all waiting for are released.

Video: http://youtu.be/TeDXh9KaOZI << This is video of my Amaze ROM and not the SGS3 ROM but the installer looks the same.

Features - Customizable. You control your options.

Install options:
  • Launchers: Apex / Touchwiz / Trebuchet
  • AOSP replacements for Samsung apps (calculator, calendar, mail, MMS)
  • V6 Supercharger
  • ES File Explorer
  • Titanium Backup
  • Re-Bloat/reinstall some apps
  • Toggle2G to help with battery savings.
  • Battery % optional
Community:

Tell me what you guys want to see or add, and I will try my best, if appropriate, to accommodate your requests. Also, tell me what works, what doesn't, what is good, what isn't.

Notes:

• I don't make any warranty as to how this will work for non Tmobile phones, so please don't inquire about it.
  • I highly recommend RomanBB's Adama 3 kernel. I'd include it but i am having problems with the kernel installation.
  • A kernel is not included, but you can install one immediately after the AROMA installer has completed its run.

Known Issues:

-Toggle2g requires root access and the phone process may occasionally stop. Just grant it access / hit wait.

Special Thanks / Credits:
  • uoY_redruM - Base
  • Fiveohfox - Updaterscript
  • ZepplinRox - V6 Supercharger
  • Dsixda - Kitchen
  • Amarullz - Aroma Installer
  • Romanbb - Kernel
  • Wildchld - Battery % mods
  • Samsung, for releasing this phone
  • All the real developers who inspired me and whose work I used.
  • Google for android
  • The people and sources mentioned above; and
  • You, the members of XDA who make this forum thrive

Screenshots / Download can be found at post #2.

Last edited:

chrispaw

Jan 8, 2008
Download:
Always check the MD5 of your download!

07/06/12 - release
  • Download: CapRomTurbo0706b1
  • MD5: C44C4D0646F1B6BB153325408D15964C
  • Approx 589 mb
  • Debloated more
  • Added more installation options
  • Added option to enable Crt off (followed sphinx02's guide)

07/04/12 - b3 release
  • Download: CapRomTurbo0704b3
  • MD5: FA4542BEC5F483AB3A4782F8898003D8
  • Approx 660 mb
  • Small update...
  • Added option to replace samsung keyboard with stock ICS keyboard.
  • Added option for optional movie editor install.
  • Added option for Nova launcher.

07/04/12 - Initial Release
  • Download: CapRomTurbo0704
  • MD5: E1E3BACC5BEA4ADDAFD8A4C258C1942D
  • Initial release.
  • Based off uoY_redruM's release 3 ROM < Big thanks to him.
  • AROMA based.
  • AOSP options.
  • Launcher options.
  • Some rebloat options.
  • Init.d built in along with battery fixes.
  • etc...

Last edited:

neno322

Nov 9, 2008
Is there anything done to it visually or is it stock looking??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

darren.wlsn1

Jul 14, 2008
Hershey PA
op it seems busybox is outdated.
oh hell no google talk? need it and theres now way to get it installed if this is redrum base from what im reading in his thread.

Last edited:

Serious_Beans

Feb 17, 2011
So far so good. I'd like to see more things swapped out for their AOSP counterparts. That's all I'd really want if you don't mind adding in the next release. I haven't come across any problems as of yet but I did just flash it so only time will tell. Thanks though :D Glad to see some touchwiz crap gone.

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Nice Work!

I love the New ROM - the installer is very nice and I love all the options you offer - couple of odd things occurred - I opted to use the Touchwiz launcher - when i tried to change wall paper for home and lock screen - the only wallpapers you could choose for the Lock Screen were from the canned group of wall papers that come with the rom - on other roms and stock you can choose lock screen wallpaper from Gallery - it does let you choose home screen wall paper from other sources besides the stock wall paper - (I wonder did my choice of not wanting LIve Wall Papers effect this in some way?)

I also miss the Visual Voice Mail Ap - I was able to pull it from the redruM Rom with Root Explorer and push it into the Ap folder so no big deal

chrispaw

Jan 8, 2008
I love the New ROM - the installer is very nice and I love all the options you offer - couple of odd things occurred - I opted to use the Touchwiz launcher - when i tried to change wall paper for home and lock screen - the only wallpapers you could choose for the Lock Screen were from the canned group of wall papers that come with the rom - on other roms and stock you can choose lock screen wallpaper from Gallery - it does let you choose home screen wall paper from other sources besides the stock wall paper - (I wonder did my choice of not wanting LIve Wall Papers effect this in some way?)

I also miss the Visual Voice Mail Ap - I was able to pull it from the redruM Rom with Root Explorer and push it into the Ap folder so no big deal

Thanks for the feedback, i'll look into the wallpaper issue.

As for VVM, i opted to remove it because it is a free download from the Playstore.

Xcor3

Aug 14, 2010
Welcome sir. I remember you from the amaze forum. Im about to flash this beast

Sent from my SGH-T999

Reactions: mocsab

jdyowa

Jan 26, 2012
I've been rooting since the g1 came out , and I'm here to tell you your installer is sick. That is the best ever. So far this Rom is rocking.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: By using this rom you acknowledge and agree to the following: you know what you are doing and I do not offer this ROM with any type of warranty. I am not responsible for any bricks, or damage to your phone.

Hi, welcome to CapRom Turbo. The Turbo in the name is a street fighter 2 reference, as my Amaze ROM was CE, "Turbo" is the just next logical step in the nomenclature.

This is really a side hobby for me as I know this is derivative work. Please consider donating to the real devs! This ROM is just for fun until the real roms we're all waiting for are released.

Video: http://youtu.be/TeDXh9KaOZI << This is video of my Amaze ROM and not the SGS3 ROM but the installer looks the same.

Features - Customizable. You control your options.

Install options:
    • Launchers: Apex / Touchwiz / Trebuchet
    • AOSP replacements for Samsung apps (calculator, calendar, mail, MMS)
    • V6 Supercharger
    • ES File Explorer
    • Titanium Backup
    • Re-Bloat/reinstall some apps
    • Toggle2G to help with battery savings.
    • Battery % optional
    Community:

Tell me what you guys want to see or add, and I will try my best, if appropriate, to accommodate your requests. Also, tell me what works, what doesn't, what is good, what isn't.

Notes:

• I don't make any warranty as to how this will work for non Tmobile phones, so please don't inquire about it.
    • I highly recommend RomanBB's Adama 3 kernel. I'd include it but i am having problems with the kernel installation.
    • A kernel is not included, but you can install one immediately after the AROMA installer has completed its run.

Known Issues:

-Toggle2g requires root access and the phone process may occasionally stop. Just grant it access / hit wait.

Special Thanks / Credits:
    • uoY_redruM - Base
    • Fiveohfox - Updaterscript
    • ZepplinRox - V6 Supercharger
    • Dsixda - Kitchen
    • Amarullz - Aroma Installer
    • Romanbb - Kernel
    • Wildchld - Battery % mods
    • Samsung, for releasing this phone
    • All the real developers who inspired me and whose work I used.
    • Google for android
    • The people and sources mentioned above; and
    • You, the members of XDA who make this forum thrive

Screenshots / Download can be found at post #2.
    Download:
    Always check the MD5 of your download!

07/06/12 - release
    • Download: CapRomTurbo0706b1
    • MD5: C44C4D0646F1B6BB153325408D15964C
    • Approx 589 mb
    • Debloated more
    • Added more installation options
    • Added option to enable Crt off (followed sphinx02's guide)

07/04/12 - b3 release
    • Download: CapRomTurbo0704b3
    • MD5: FA4542BEC5F483AB3A4782F8898003D8
    • Approx 660 mb
    • Small update...
    • Added option to replace samsung keyboard with stock ICS keyboard.
    • Added option for optional movie editor install.
    • Added option for Nova launcher.

07/04/12 - Initial Release
    • Download: CapRomTurbo0704
    • MD5: E1E3BACC5BEA4ADDAFD8A4C258C1942D
    • Initial release.
    • Based off uoY_redruM's release 3 ROM < Big thanks to him.
    • AROMA based.
    • AOSP options.
    • Launcher options.
    • Some rebloat options.
    • Init.d built in along with battery fixes.
    • etc...
    Still loving the ROM, but I installed with Apex and would like to go back to TW. Is there a simple way to switch back (ie flashable) or would a dalvik and cache wipe and reinstall suffice or do I have to do a complete wipe? In which case I'll just leave it. Thanks!

You can just dalvik and cache and redo a flash and pick what you want again. Ive done it plenty of times with this rom without a full wipe and everything worked ok....no need to restart everything.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
    Small update tonight...
    Thanks for the rom, liking it. If anybody wants, Ive attached the mms with dark background. Use root explorer to copy to system/app, then change permissions