[APP][FREE][V1.3] Droid Over Wifi

Search This thread

kamilmirza

Dec 4, 2011
OnePlus 6
beautiful UI and smart app
but browsing within folders it quite slow and have to resend the request
plus can you add the feature to download selected folder? and ability to cancel the current upload?

Last edited:

DaMadOne

May 30, 2010
Too bad we cant setup our own password and always have the same one :(

This^ It works beautifully but would like to be able to set my own persistent password or even the ability to use ssh keys would be fantastic. Also instead of the preset list of ports allow for either default or a user supplied port. Also an option to disable media thumbnails would be good, I would say cache them but that just becomes hassle and takes up space on the device. I like how minimalistic it is.

_breez_

Apr 25, 2011
Belgium
Great app, but would be even better if:
- We could let the app auto-start with android (or, as soon as we're connected to a WiFi network)
- We could set our own password

Hankaws

Feb 13, 2014
Oslo
Great app! I use this app now because I can't connect my phone to my pc to download something.
It would be better if we can set our own password! Waiting for new update.... :good:

Last edited:

dipack95

May 23, 2013
Great App

The title says it all. I've finally found an app to easily access my phone on the go, with minimum fuss. :laugh:
Great work :good:

maffz

Sep 23, 2012
looks good and very clean UI but one thing is missing.

The opportunity to "Map Network Drive..." so you can have it as a drive in the "My Computer" menu for easier and faster access

//maffz

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
I've seen a lot of these "___ over wifi" apps recently with really cool features (this one being one of them) and have wondered why it had to be done over wifi? Is technology like this not capable of doing across the 4G network? Or are things done over wifi only due to the amount of data that would be transferred?

If solely for the data transfer reason and not wanting to be charged for it, would it be possible to allow use of this app over the mobile network? I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that has an unlimited data plan and uses the hotspot at home for my electronics (to save not having an internet bill).

If this cannot be done for some tech reason, would someone please enlighten this uneducated soul? Or point me to a link where the reasoning is explained?

Thanks! :)

EDIT: Nevermind, this is possible (just tried it successfully with AirDroid).

Possible to enable this feature with this app?

Last edited:

BigJoey010

Dec 29, 2012
New York
This is what im getting man
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.1.2:8080
i tried changing ports and browsers but no use

mrx7

Dec 26, 2013
Awesome app

Awesome app works well esp on new version of Firefox. Can someone try what I did used chrome and firefox, Firefox seems a heap quicker firefox latest beta chrome. Latest version on xp sp3

tariiik

Jun 25, 2009
Tešanj
Great app, only issue i find is when my screen goes off connection are stop to work. Everything else is great. Thanks for your work. Keep up good work.

shengovind

Jul 2, 2013
Bangalore
Epic app.. Brilliant.. Amazing... Superb... Awesome.. Fantastic.. Sexy.. The best and one of the most important apps for me.. Amazing.. No other word..

By far one of the best apps featured on xda portal

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: xanthrax

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dmitril.droidoverwifi

What's New
    v1.3
    - finally setting menu is available
    - automatically generate 5 char pin code every time Droid Over Wifi starts, feature can be disabled
    - change port number in setting menu

No wires, no drivers, no cables, no bluetooth only WiFi on a fresh air and browser to connect your Android device with desktop or laptop or even another android device with Droid Over Wifi app installed!
    One button to start. Transfer, view, stream, rename, move, delete files and folders immediately over WiFi with any Browser and any OS.

Features
    • MediaView feature enables on the fly filter content and display video and audio files contained in current folder. You can stream full screen Mpeg4, Ogg and WebM videos directly from your phone and meanwhile view your photos in other tab of the browser.
    gJu9-0wzeOKvQtgSw3DBcoovduS6rJIDLzAQHOWW1F-1Ms71d6-qwuUiBOxtdq69NB7N=h900-rw

• Folder Size feature quickly counts size of folders and displays it with nice visually graphs along with files.
    vgIbIkMH9N7oxccLPrUwAXLY2fAfThn_g8PN7eNv_o87WktDYfu5LUfSY5Q5o7XR9_Wd=h900-rw

• Upload multiple files at once with no size limit. Progress is visible in real time of each concrete file.
    TFgEYarmDNCp87sr9Rs8m3Pn4d94fDhO0uzDK6jAiW3jKyNYTEjra2255I3Xj_lbgu6H=h900-rw

• Upload drag and drop multiple files at once
    UiKWa7HxUfByEUA58L0WRiMboi-YeHUzOpB-rfEaaUwjQ1s1lRasvXy8-SXjPT810q6o=h900-rw

• Download multiple files at one with no size limit. Multiple file download feature is automatically packing selected files into ZIP file and offered for download.
    sa_YhrwXRtm3OrolMDHvHoTCFRsNS19xSm5hssSZjmPR2uAw0v96gwdgKhdJBjZ1rfE=h900-rw

• Move files and folders with smart auto-complete feature
    OmugLe6qGp1N3_BH9C2Bzgyxheo0RraTzJo4D-euX3OL3pBu-VEGXU6fXiP6Xt_2u4Q=h900-rw

• Create, Rename and Delete files and folders in easy and straightforward way with keyboard and mouse
    D5xTssCncjWRnkfVf2w1aeTotcvRio-k3aXzwTOCbmR3XGwS5RcvXZk74gfBMj2vjjy2=h900-rw
    \

• Auto pin code generation every time Droid Over Wifi starts
    KejrMcZsePh-rejUUnKQ1q3TGtu3xrhpptOzcWPE6LymUyStaiGh3f6y4TR5VVvWXmwC=h900-rw

• Setting menu
    -UmPpXkLh__cDYROKqbJ0cQZfEmvHs4XJjnOOHEkY9eYK8a64pFk1zMrVayRRWyt8s_L=h900-rw

NOTE
    • HTML 5 compatible web browser and internet connection are required. For best experience use Google Chrome.
    • Android device with Droid Over WiFi enabled and desktop or laptop should be on the same WiFi network. This mean connected to same router or access point.
    LIMITATIONS
    • Droid Over WiFi has no limits, push it to the limits! Transfer files over wifi of any size and in any quantity.
    Where is the app??

Sent from my Micromax A116 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sorry forgot to add a link :)
    Added Google Play link!
    @DmitriL could you upload the APK and attach it?

BTW, your work will be featured in the portal pretty soon :good:
    WoW! Thanks,

APK is attached.

Can you add it to the 1st post? :)
    Epic app.. Brilliant.. Amazing... Superb... Awesome.. Fantastic.. Sexy.. The best and one of the most important apps for me.. Amazing.. No other word..

By far one of the best apps featured on xda portal

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk