RSS Forum Feeds?

Search This thread

x-X-x

ingenious said:
x-X-x said:
BTW, there's RSS for wiki...

Just tried it - doesn't work :(
WiKi's RSS is using "Dublin Core" extension (http://purl.org/rss/1.0), so you need a RSS Reader with such support.

I'm using Opera 8.1 and it works well for such RSS and as a bonus it works well with ATOM feeds, unfortunately there is a bug in Opera when dealing with ATOM feeds. It doesn't show the actual posted dates. But I think it is fixed already in the latest opera...

oltp

Oct 12, 2005
Nexus 7
Huawei Mediapad M3
Not sure :-( it says 0/0. At the moment I'm using Skookum v2.0.0.0, which can keep me up-to-date with podcasts as well. It's still under development & it's free. Can't remember wether it worked with HappyJackRoad PoketRss, my trial has expired & I wasn't completely pleased with it so unmilling to pay for it.

If one of you know a great PocketRss reader I'm pleased to hear. In the meantime I'm going to pm Peter Poelman to ask for the implementation of rss feeds on the board, maybe it works.

M

eayuwna

Nov 6, 2003
Derbyshire
www.willastill.co.uk
zscreen scrape

in the mean time, someone could do a screen scrape every hour or so on the latest news on the home page.
how do xda dev people feel about that though.
it's not something that's looked on favourably by most people.

oltp

Oct 12, 2005
Nexus 7
Huawei Mediapad M3
wiki rss

Switched from Skookum to Newsbreak (trial) via A6.times (didn't work) & Newsbreak does pick-up the wiki rss messages :)

No answer from Peter till now.

M

oltp

Oct 12, 2005
Nexus 7
Huawei Mediapad M3
The reference /rss.php isn't working either.
Peter Poelman has received my question from the May 27th this week, no answer yet. Guess he's not to interested in it. Too bad I think it's really convenient to view the forum with rss. I use it for other fora too.

M

ronh

Mar 11, 2005
Please Peter, try to make RSS work on the forum.
It would be so nice to get all the new topics in my newsreader, instead of browsing to the site every hour. :roll:

oltp

Oct 12, 2005
Nexus 7
Huawei Mediapad M3
@ MDANavymom: Maybe I'll give it another try to see where I went wrong in a few weeks or so. First I go on holiday for three weeks.

Pity Peter didn't respond to my PM, maybe he gets thousands of them a day, I don't know ...

@ JonTheNiceGuy: no PM, but if you're capable of getting us the rss, I would certainly be very pleased.

Regards, M

oltp

Oct 12, 2005
Nexus 7
Huawei Mediapad M3
V,

It shows nicely all the topics the hyperlinks are working, all I'm lacking is the body of the post itself. But for a scrape it's a very good start to maybe having it all

Great job again V, really appreciate it.

M

Top Liked Posts