[FWs][C55**] ZR FTF format firmware downloads | #25/02/14

Search This thread

Ilko

May 30, 2007
Funky town
ilkos-home.blogspot.com
Thanks for the suggestions mate, but believe me, I modified the build.prop until death however my device is still identified as a /03, whether with pcc or seus. I've one last trick to try though.

could someone give me the prop of ro.semc.version.fr= of the C5502 ? In /03 it's GLOBAL-LTE. Of what I know, it may be WORLD, like other non-LTE xperia devices.

thanks

Last edited:

Lasantha

Jun 27, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions mate, but believe me, I modified the build.prop until death however my device is still identified as a /03, whether with pcc or seus. I've one last trick to try though.

could someone give me the prop of ro.semc.version.fr= of the C5502 ? In /03 it's GLOBAL-LTE. Of what I know, it may be WORLD, like other non-LTE xperia devices.

thanks

its GLOBAL-HSPA IM USING INDIAN 5502 :)

Reactions: Ilko

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran

thanks
Just put the lines i gave you, I'm currently downloading official hong kong rom from SUS with that (even pcc now tells me I have an update to catch :D)
and then do not forget to reboot fully your phone after change (DO NOT use soft reboot). It is necessary (not sure why)

Ilko

May 30, 2007
Funky town
ilkos-home.blogspot.com
okay, here the report. I simply can't download any /02 fw. I even flashed a /02 fw over my /03 without problems. It works and is identified as a /02 by PCC, but still, my IMEI is in front of the rest.

I've found two /02 FWs though and added them. All /02 owners need a good guy for sharing FWs : D

Last edited:

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran
no, and I think it won't work at all. I've sniffed PCC and discovered that the outgoing infos include my IMEI. Too bad : O

I'll do some more tests but I'm very pessimist now.
I'm really not sure about your pertinacity but I can assure you that I'm alive, understands what am I doing perfectly, and I can see (it's probably obvious because I'm typing this!!) and already getting Chinese Rom by changing only and only build.prop (only Si Code!!) I really don't know if you can get C5502 over C5503 (because of the kernel definition of C5502!) but Pcc and SUS really doesn't care about IMEI! (maybe it collect those data for further management notify or advertisement purposes or even better see if your phone is stolen or not!!) and can you tell me why are you trying to get C5502 instead of C5503?

EDIT: Speaking of kernel maybe you should flash the C5502 official kernel (.sin file or ftf file) and then see if anything changed

Last edited:

Ilko

May 30, 2007
Funky town
ilkos-home.blogspot.com
dude, no need to be sarcastic. I know what I do, no cares. I can't force PCC to detect a false update. To be clear, did you really understand me well ? "flashed a /02 fw on my /03 device", so flashing the kernel only is useless. It still doesn't act as expected. What am I supposed to do then ? If you know a way to access to Sony's servers, share. I don't own a C5502.

can you tell me why are you trying to get C5502 instead of C5503?
it's just all about sharing, contributing... call it as you want. I usually don't like to be a spectator. I do what I can.

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran
dude, no need to be sarcastic. I know what I do, no cares. I can't force PCC to detect a false update. To be clear, did you really understand me well ? "flashed a /02 fw on my /03 device", so flashing the kernel only is useless. It still doesn't act as expected. What am I supposed to do then ? If you know a way to access to Sony's servers, share. I don't own a C5502.

it's just all about sharing, contributing... call it as you want. I usually don't like to be a spectator. I do what I can.
Oh :D
good job then :D and thanks,
well I think you have miss understood me about kernel I said maybe you should flash C5502 kernel (build 10.3.1.A.0.244 ) in order to tell PCC you have C5502 device, getting kernel information was at least what Sony Update Service known as SUS did on getting update ... If you want I can give you the C5502 .sin official kernel which can be flashed on locked bootloader too ... but I really have no idea what that will do on your device so proceed with your own risk, (believing that C5503 kernel can be flashed on the C5502 it may not harm your devices as well but ... you never know) I have downloaded 568MB from 703MB my internet speed is so slow and I will create the ftf and will upload and share the link if it's that all you want ;)

Ilko

May 30, 2007
Funky town
ilkos-home.blogspot.com
you're welcome :)

well, in my last attempt, the 5502 firmware was the .310 US version that I've found. I had even replaced the whole build.prop by the /02 one previously. No chance...

In details, PCC doesn't detect any update, and when I try to use the repair service, it ends telling me that there is no software available for my device.

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran
you're welcome :)

well, in my last attempt, the 5502 firmware was the .310 US version that I've found. I had even replaced the whole build.prop by the /02 one previously. No chance...

In details, PCC doesn't detect any update, and when I try to use the repair service, it ends telling me that there is no software available for my device.
Interesting ... maybe you need to flash the whole build 10.3.1.A.0.244 ftf to see if it works or not XD :D

njsdante

Jun 23, 2011
Yangon
Thanks for the C5502 firmware links.

BTW i want to know the cust and revison numbers of C5502 Singapore firmware.

Last edited:

guianne13

Sep 19, 2013
yeah, you may keep datas, but don't forget to wipe cache and applogs. everything else must be overwritten

From my funky P970

Just a question Ilko. Why should we wipe cache and applogs? I think I unchecked them when I flashed my C5503 into the Nordic 4.2.2 Would this cause any problem with my phone? Thanks!

Ilko

May 30, 2007
Funky town
ilkos-home.blogspot.com
Just a question Ilko. Why should we wipe cache and applogs? I think I unchecked them when I flashed my C5503 into the Nordic 4.2.2 Would this cause any problem with my phone? Thanks!

applogs is useless because it has nothing to do with personal datas. And wiping cache is in order to avoid conflicts with newest resources which may result in boot loops.

Reactions: guianne13

guianne13

Sep 19, 2013
applogs is useless because it has nothing to do with personal datas. And wiping cache is in order to avoid conflicts with newest resources which may result in boot loops.

Thanks for the reply Ilko. So should I say that I just got lucky because mine didn't encounter any boot loops? Also, will wiping cache and applogs delete the save games and preferences in my apps?

Ilko

May 30, 2007
Funky town
ilkos-home.blogspot.com
No. All preferences etc are stored in data/data or SDC. Feel lucky mate, but know that you're not away from force closes or other minor problems :). You might test every features you may need in a near future for being sure that everything is ok.

Reactions: guianne13

guianne13

Sep 19, 2013
No. All preferences etc are stored in data/data or SDC. Feel lucky mate, but know that you're not away from force closes or other minor problems :). You might test every features you may need in a near future for being sure that everything is ok.

Alrighty! Thanks mate! Might do that the next time I flash my c5503 again, which might be tomorrow as I will be flashing it back to 4.1.2 because I'll be visiting the store tomorrow because of some water inside my display screen after getting underwater photos. :(

Top Liked Posts