[ICONS] GTX style iconset : 121 icons ! (UPDATED 10/08/2010)

Search This thread

Bakuryu91

Jul 25, 2008
Hello everyone,

Inspired by the great work done by member fjompa, I started (or rather continued) to create a complete iconset of GTX-styled icons.

Here is how it looks like :

gtxiconsetpreviewaccept.png

Here is the background I use, which is exactly the one used in the original GTX theme (Dark Ninja himself gave me the template :p) :

gtxiconbase.png

Any comments and suggestions are really appreciated !

Enjoy ! ;) And don't forget to take a look at fjompa's thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=721095, he has got a different, but nice (nicer?) style !

There will be more icons to come, feel free to request any ! Note : When you make a request for an app which isn't very common and popular, please post the original icon with, or a link to show me how the app looks like. Thank you :)

Here is the list of all the icons available in the set, based on the filenames :
Code:
activesync
 adobepdf
 album
 android
 apptodate
 barcode_reader
 battery
 bing
 bluetooth
 bookmarks
 bsbtweaks
 calculator
 calculator2
 calendar
 camcorder
 camera
 cht_editor
 cleanram
 comic_reader_mobi
 comm_folder
 comm_manager
 contact_call_history
 contact_info
 copilot8
 coreplayer
 database
 easy_set_owner
 facebook
 file_explorer
 finance
 flashlight_medium
 flashlight_off
 flashlight_on
 fmradio
 folder
 galarm
 games_folder
 google_earth
 google_maps
 gprofile
 gps_folder
 grace
 gwatch
 gweather
 hd2
 hd2tweaks
 help
 home
 htc
 htc_contacts
 htc_documents
 htc_favorites
 htc_footprints
 htc_music
 htc_people
 htc_twitter
 ie
 igo
 internet_folder
 jmwd_icon_changer
 m2dc
 mail
 marketplace
 messenger
 microphone
 motweets
 multimedia_folder
 music
 myphone
 notes
 office
 opera
 outlook
 pandora
 people
 phone
 phone_folder
 pim_backup
 pocketinformant
 programs_folder
 quickgps
 quickmark
 regedit
 remote_desktop
 resco_file_explorer
 resco_manager
 resco_system_info
 rss
 sashimi
 screencapture
 search
 settings
 shake_and_save
 shazam
 shopping
 shutdown
 simtoolkit
 sktools
 skyfire
 smartlist_to_go
 solitaire
 spb_backup
 stocks
 storagecard_folder
 taskmanager
 tasks
 tcpmp
 tomtom
 tools_folder
 totalcommander
 touchtwit
 waze
 wifi
 wifi_remote_access
 wifi_settings
 windowslive
 windows_media_player
 wmtorrent
 youtube

INSTALLATION :

I personally use JMWD Icon Changer, a great application by member Nullstring, to change icons. All you need to do is to long-press on the icon you want to change, then select "Change icon" from the contextual menu and browse to the right icon from my set !

Changes will be viewable after a softreset.

There are other programs, but I don't know much about them : if someone wants to make a little tutorial with a short description of the app used to replace icons, I can add it to this section ;)

UPDATES :

UPDATE 10/08/2010 : Replaced the preview image, and added 2 more icons. I had not time for doing updates, but I'll do one huge update soon ;). Iconset contains 121 icons :D !

UPDATE 19/07/2010 : I added more icons, updated some, as usual. Sorry for the delay, I had no access to my computer for two days :( Anyway, the set now contains 119 icons :D !

UPDATE 16/07/2010 : I added some icons, and also updated some. Iconset now contains 109 icons :D !

UPDATE 15/07/2010 : I am waiting for other requests ! :) (This means all of the requests have been satisfied !). Iconset contains 100 icons :D !

UPDATE 3 - 14/07/2010 : Most of the requests have been completed (for the moment lol). Iconset contains 92 icons :D !
UPDATE 2 - 14/07/2010 : Again, more icons added. I didn't complete all the requests, but I may have some time tonight. Iconset contains 76 icons :D !
UPDATE 1 - 14/07/2010 : Some of requested icons (by chris10230 and mike2nl) added. I also updated the multimedia (folder) icon. I'm tired now, I'll do the rest tomorrow :p ! Iconset contains 60 icons :D !

UPDATE - 12/07/2010 : More, more, more ! I replaced the flashlight icons with a better version, added apps from ageye, and I recreated the folder and file manager icon (previous ones were just adapted from Windows Vista icons). And a lot of things I can't even remember ! 53 icons :D !

UPDATE 2 - 11/07/2010 : More icons added, some of them updated (like Google Earth). The camera icon has also been re-added, in a different version though. 33 icons so far :D !
UPDATE 1 - 11/07/2010 : New icons added. Fjompa's camera icon removed, but you can still find his amazing work here.

Last edited:

[★]

Dec 13, 2009
England
Excellent work! :D
Would you care to make an icon set for my rom? :p
[Check this out]
Might give you a good idea of what icons to make first ;)
(and how to name them) :p

Again, top job ;)

Bakuryu91

Jul 25, 2008
Thank's a lot. What kind of iconset would you need for your ROM ? (and btw, I love the Manila background you used !)

I am quite busy with this iconset and other stuff, but if I can dig out a little bit of my time for you, why not ? ^^

[★]

Dec 13, 2009
England
Thank's a lot. What kind of iconset would you need for your ROM ? (and btw, I love the Manila background you used !)

I am quite busy with this iconset and other stuff, but if I can dig out a little bit of my time for you, why not ? ^^

Thanks for the enthusiasm :) and the kinda words :)
However all I meant it, I mean you gtx icons :D just continue
to develop, but maye do the ones found in my rom sooner? :)

Totally your choice :D

Bakuryu91

Jul 25, 2008
[★] : I'm trying to do my best. :)

I made more of them ! Here is my current progress :

gtxiconsetcurrent.png

I've been a little bit lazy on some icons (like the bulb ones) and I'll update them soon to a better version !

Hope you guys like it ! ;)

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi Bakuryu91,

do you take also requests from users, because i am slaved by GTX.

on yes, i have some ideas about the icons for:
g-alarm
g-weather
g-profile
g-watch
g-race

No, no i am not from ageye, but the apps are running perfect for my needs.

[★]

Dec 13, 2009
England
[★] : I'm trying to do my best. :)

I made more of them ! Here is my current progress :

gtxiconsetcurrent.png

I've been a little bit lazy on some icons (like the bulb ones) and I'll update them soon to a better version !

Hope you guys like it ! ;)

Sorry I didnt mean to come across as rude or impatient :)
Keep up the good word :D

Bakuryu91

Jul 25, 2008
mike2nl : Yeah sure, I do accept requests. But could you just tell me where to find a preview of the original icon, so I can make a GTX one (I personnally don't use them :)) !

I've got a lot of new icons now, time for an update ! :D

Bakuryu91

Jul 25, 2008
Sorry I didnt mean to come across as rude or impatient :)
Keep up the good word :D

You didn't seem rude or impatient. Or at least, you're less impatient than I am ! :)

I'm not totally familiar with English, although I understand very well, so I might be a little bit weird in my writing, but don't focus on that :p

Anyway, I updated my iconset, which contains 33 icons now ! I'll re-work some of them tomorrow, and also handle the several requests that have been made.

;)

Bakuryu91

Jul 25, 2008
Hi Bakuryu91,

do you take also requests from users, because i am slaved by GTX.

on yes, i have some ideas about the icons for:
g-alarm
g-weather
g-profile
g-watch
g-race

No, no i am not from ageye, but the apps are running perfect for my needs.

Haha, I'm sure you work for them. Anyway, I finished your icons : tell me what you think about, so I can add it to the set ! ;)

Here :

gtxgweather.png
gtxgwatch.png
gtxgrace.png
gtxgprofile.png
gtxgalarm.png

;)

[★]

Dec 13, 2009
England
You didn't seem rude or impatient. Or at least, you're less impatient than I am ! :)

I'm not totally familiar with English, although I understand very well, so I might be a little bit weird in my writing, but don't focus on that :p

Anyway, I updated my iconset, which contains 33 icons now ! I'll re-work some of them tomorrow, and also handle the several requests that have been made.

;)

Thanks alot :)

Bakuryu91

Jul 25, 2008
Just a little question here : Shall I replace the flashlight icons (which are poor quality) with these ones, or should I just upgrade the quality of the included ones ?

gtxflashlightoff.png
gtxflashlighton.png

Thanks ! :)

Dark Ninja

Jun 17, 2009
England
Great work here:)
I noticed the other thread isnt going to be active (or am is skipping a step here?)

So thought id just post the templates from the original here too, i sent these to fjompa via pm also, but seeing as hes not working on them anymore i think these may come in handy.

attachment.php

Notifications

attachment.php

Toggle Switches

Attachments

• Template(Notifications).png
    Template(Notifications).png
    3.6 KB · Views: 651

Bakuryu91

Jul 25, 2008
Thank you so much Dark Ninja, it's really great to know that you like my work. And thanks for the templates as well ! :)

I don't think fjompa will drop out, or at least I hope not. But he said he got less time than I do, so apparently my thread will be more active !

;)

chris10230

May 19, 2008
These look great once again i am beaten to something that i wanted to do :/ lol but need to integrate these into my phone!

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Haha, I'm sure you work for them. Anyway, I finished your icons : tell me what you think about, so I can add it to the set ! ;)

Here :

gtxgweather.png
gtxgwatch.png
gtxgrace.png
gtxgprofile.png
gtxgalarm.png

;)

Hi Bakuryu91,
only one word...amazing... i think you must do more and more and more and more. Really a great work.

BTW:
ok i also a member in the ageye forum, but i don't a part of the inventar of ageye :eek:

Last edited: