[GUIDE] Unlock ATT Note 3 to use on Tmobile network
Ok, I'm a longtime lurker here. This is my first tutorial so bear with me.
I received an AT&T Note 3. I was able to unlock and use this phone on T-mobile. I want to send out a big thanks to designgears and chainfire. Without their tools, I would not have been able to do this.
Here are the steps I took:
1. I rooted using Root de la Vega. I wanted to make sure I didn't trip the KNOX counter. I found this link on one of designgears's XDA post.
The rooting tutorial on that page is very good.
2. After I rooted and confirmed that I didn't trip the KNOX counter, I proceeded to install chainfire's app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...regionlockaway
The following steps I got from this link http://androidfannetwork.com/2013/10...te-3-for-free/
But I modified them because I am going from an ATT Note 3 to use on Tmobile.
3. Put the ATT SIM (unactivated, unregistered) that came in the box into the Note 3
4. Install RegionLock Away app
5. Run the app, and instead of rebooting say Reboot Later (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)
6. Power off the Note 3
7. Take out the ATT SIM and replace it with T-Mobile SIM
8. Turned on the device – BOOM! no Region Lock, and NO SIM Lock.
Drawbacks so far, I am not sure if my phone is truly on LTE. Something tells me I am only on HSPA+. Hopefully somebody can tell me how to unlock Tmobile LTE on this phone. It took me a little tinkering, but I was able to get data and mms working. I am in a refarmed area of TMobile. When I used to have a Nexus 4, I was able to access LTE from my house with a custom rom. So far, the speedtests on my note 3 are comparable to the speeds on my nexus 4 with LTE. Also, I know if I update my phone, I may lose the sim unlock. For anybody interested in which APN settings I did, I posted screen shots at the following link. http://imgur.com/a/yQiJK
If you have any questions, or know how to unlock AWS on this phone for true LTE, let me know.