[Game][3.0+] GeoGuessr Game!

Search This thread

PhilCals

May 23, 2013
London
Hi everyone!

I am very proud to present you my GeoGuessr type of game for the Android Platform GeoWhere!

feature_no_phone.png

As you might already know GeoGuessr this is a nice port for the android platform. It works on both phones and tablets but playing on a tablet has a better experience only because of the bigger screen. You should try on a Nexus 10, it's great!

The link to the game is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.funkapps.geowhere

Please, install the game and let me know what you think!

The game design was made by Logan Bourgoin, and he is also a member of XDA. He helped me a lot and I can't thank him enough. The guy's great!

Version 1.0.1_9 is out guys!
Some bug fixing concerning Facebook Sharing and also added the ShowcaseView project to be able to better guide the users, some sort of tutorial. You guys should check that project out, it works quite well.

Version 1.0.1 is out guys!
Can you please try it out?

What's new:
** Bug fixing
** Coach Marks, tutorials
** Caching of data - now the game only access the server once and caches the data. This will make the experience ** much faster
** Easy mode - if you are having a hard time guessing where the places now, you can now choose the Easy mode from the Settings menu. But, be warned, you will get less points for this mode. Challenging your friends when you play the Easy mode will let them play on Easy mode as well!

Last edited:

pooley:)

Aug 4, 2010
Orléans
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5T
Hey Mr F. !
Hey folks !

Great to see your GeoWhere is out and I'm sure it will be regularly updated ;)

Love the idea and Dev, my pleasure been helping him ! You all guys passing by should definitely have a try on this app.

Get ready for some guesses and expect some nice improvements along the way cause Phil is da man !

Sent from my toilets

PhilCals

May 23, 2013
London
Hey Mr F. !
Hey folks !

Great to see your GeoWhere is out and I'm sure it will be regularly updated ;)

Love the idea and Dev, my pleasure been helping him ! You all guys passing by should definitely have a try on this app.

Get ready for some guesses and expect some nice improvements along the way cause Phil is da man !

Sent from my toilets

Thanks, man! :)
Got tons of ideas, already working on the next release! :)

PhilCals

May 23, 2013
London
Hey everyone,

Just released a new version today.

Some bug fixing concerning Facebook Sharing and also added the ShowcaseView project to be able to better guide the users, some sort of tutorial. You guys should check that project out, it works quite well.

And, of course, make sure to check out my Game, GeoWhere at http://goo.gl/CKVCd

Thanks a lot :)

Reactions: pooley:)

Nicolou

Apr 18, 2014
Hi!

I didn't knew the website GeoGuessr, neither your app. It's a very good idea to use Streetview. :good:

In my app, I used pictures of famous places. The objective of the game is to estimate as fast as possible the distance between your reference position and a famous place around the world.

You can try it here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2722524

Last edited:

PhilCals

May 23, 2013
London
Hey everyone,

It's been quite a long time since I last posted here but I have been actively working on the GeoWhere game and, honestly, I'm very proud of it :)

I have recently added leaderboards and achievements and would like to ask your guys input?

I am planning to add turn based multiplayer game for the next version of the game.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!

I am very proud to present you my GeoGuessr type of game for the Android Platform GeoWhere!

feature_no_phone.png

As you might already know GeoGuessr this is a nice port for the android platform. It works on both phones and tablets but playing on a tablet has a better experience only because of the bigger screen. You should try on a Nexus 10, it's great!

The link to the game is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.funkapps.geowhere

Please, install the game and let me know what you think!

The game design was made by Logan Bourgoin, and he is also a member of XDA. He helped me a lot and I can't thank him enough. The guy's great!

Version 1.0.1_9 is out guys!

Version 1.0.1 is out guys!
    Can you please try it out?

What's new:
    ** Bug fixing
    ** Coach Marks, tutorials
    ** Caching of data - now the game only access the server once and caches the data. This will make the experience ** much faster
    ** Easy mode - if you are having a hard time guessing where the places now, you can now choose the Easy mode from the Settings menu. But, be warned, you will get less points for this mode. Challenging your friends when you play the Easy mode will let them play on Easy mode as well!
    Hey everyone,

Just released a new version today.

And, of course, make sure to check out my Game, GeoWhere at http://goo.gl/CKVCd

Thanks a lot :)