BLN on SGS2 with Gustavo_s' kernel

Search This thread

treysis

Jun 30, 2014
Hey guys,

I recently changed my i9100 SGS2 from stock firmware to CM11m7. I have to say, I am really impressed with the increase in speed and the new options it gives me. One of those options that I just found out about is BLN. Since the SGS2 has no notification led, and NoLED draws quite some battery, this seems like a nice feature.

Of course I figured out that BLN is not supported by the CM11 kernel. So I upgraded to the kernel from Gustavo_s (the newest build from 06/21). As of yet, I am not really sure though which software or settings I need to get BLN running! What I've done so far is that I installed STweaks. This recognizes that my kernel supports BLN. When I switch to the BLN tab in STweaks, I am able to configure BLN to my liking, and also the test works fine (Click on Test BLN, switch off screen with power button, touchkeys get illuminated).

However, I have not understood yet how I can make my applications put a notification to be shown by those leds. WhatsApp for example has a setting to show notifications with the led. But it doesn't show anything. Then, most of the stock apps seem to just have no such option, since notification led is no feature of SGS2 (but I thought that the BLN mod inside Gustavo_s' kernel would take care at least for the apps that have such setting).

So I thought that maybe the much used app BLN control might do the trick. Upon starting, this gives me the message that my current liblights does not support BLN. No idea what to do with this. If I can upgrade, if I need another kernel. Simply no idea. And the app's homepage doesn't give me any hint. Another thing I tried was Light Flow. Here I have two extra options in the LED setting, one being sec_touchkey and the other being touchkey panel. Activated both. Also activated root mode. No chance. Even the notification test in Light Flow doesn't light any of the two touchkey leds.

Has anyone any idea, what I need to do? Can I upgrade liblights? Is it a thing of the kernel? Any suggestions maybe for another kernel to use (Dorimanx maybe?).

Any help is much appreciated!

Sun90

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 1, 2011
MYSORE - KARNATAKA - INDIA
Hey guys,

I recently changed my i9100 SGS2 from stock firmware to CM11m7. I have to say, I am really impressed with the increase in speed and the new options it gives me. One of those options that I just found out about is BLN. Since the SGS2 has no notification led, and NoLED draws quite some battery, this seems like a nice feature.

Of course I figured out that BLN is not supported by the CM11 kernel. So I upgraded to the kernel from Gustavo_s (the newest build from 06/21). As of yet, I am not really sure though which software or settings I need to get BLN running! What I've done so far is that I installed STweaks. This recognizes that my kernel supports BLN. When I switch to the BLN tab in STweaks, I am able to configure BLN to my liking, and also the test works fine (Click on Test BLN, switch off screen with power button, touchkeys get illuminated).

However, I have not understood yet how I can make my applications put a notification to be shown by those leds. WhatsApp for example has a setting to show notifications with the led. But it doesn't show anything. Then, most of the stock apps seem to just have no such option, since notification led is no feature of SGS2 (but I thought that the BLN mod inside Gustavo_s' kernel would take care at least for the apps that have such setting).

So I thought that maybe the much used app BLN control might do the trick. Upon starting, this gives me the message that my current liblights does not support BLN. No idea what to do with this. If I can upgrade, if I need another kernel. Simply no idea. And the app's homepage doesn't give me any hint. Another thing I tried was Light Flow. Here I have two extra options in the LED setting, one being sec_touchkey and the other being touchkey panel. Activated both. Also activated root mode. No chance. Even the notification test in Light Flow doesn't light any of the two touchkey leds.

Has anyone any idea, what I need to do? Can I upgrade liblights? Is it a thing of the kernel? Any suggestions maybe for another kernel to use (Dorimanx maybe?).

Any help is much appreciated!

U can try Dori (the 10.Xx branch) along with 'Stweaks' and see :)

refes

Oct 5, 2012
So I upgraded to the kernel from Gustavo_s (the newest build from 06/21). As of yet, I am not really sure though which software or settings I need to get BLN running!

The post of Gustavo_s clearly say:
KNOWN PROBLEMS
- Stweaks is not working at the moment, and i can't work to fix it because of reasons above.

Still, however, there is a workaround ;)

Install Gustavo_s Kernel's from 21/4 (search for it) + STweaks

Really, its my config.

Cheers
Im speak spanish, sorry.