Pre order for Galaxy Nexus LTE is open starting now

Search This thread

wtogami

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2010
Wow, I stopped by to see where everyone was headed. I expected to see a higher S3 count. I am torn between the same 2 phones for my June 1 update. Looks like I will be seeing many of you soon though. I have more fun with my Nexus now than when I first got it so I am leaning towards GNex but if the May 7th announcement blows me away i may change my mind and have an S2 and S3. I am kinda glad I can't upgrade until 6/! because I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation!

Epic CM Google+: Epic 4G owners opinions about Galaxy Nexus or SGS3

This poll and discussion has been going on since April 11th. It seems the majority of Epic 4G owners who use CM9 either are OK with Epic 4G CM9 or are waiting to see if the SGS3 will have a slider keyboard. If you own Epic 4G and use CM9, please consider adding your vote and comments.

Reactions: JohnCorleone

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
No for a minute it there it said sold out... then looked on the laptop and it was ready to order... too bad sprint no longer offers the Bill to Account anymore... sooo no gnex until next pay day... FML

The bright side of waiting is that when you get it hopefully all the roms will work you should go follow the sprint galaxy nexus thread in the galaxy nexus general apparently our sprint galaxy nexus is more of a pain in the ass then the others :(

Sent from my SPH-D700

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
The bright side of waiting is that when you get it hopefully all the roms will work you should go follow the sprint galaxy nexus thread in the galaxy nexus general apparently our sprint galaxy nexus is more of a pain in the ass then the others :(

Sent from my SPH-D700

I was wondering about that. I have heard both sides. I am going to look for that thread now..

Sent from either ET4G or NS4G using Xparent Tapatalk 2

matrixzone5

Jan 12, 2011
landing
I wanna see how this gpu will perform I'm reading the specs sheet and its the same gpu as ours don't get me wrng this gpu kicks ass but its kinda old now. Am I wrong?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Looks like you guys getting a Galaxy Nexus will be stuck with me as well. I have been assigned Forum Moderator over there as well as here and a few other devices.

Before you ask, I already have a request in to try and seperate out the forum between Sprint and Verizon. Apparently flashing a Verizon ROM kills data at the least.

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Yeah its an old gpu but that's what the hardware accelerators are for. =]

Coycaine

Sep 17, 2011
Reno, NV
Looks like you guys getting a Galaxy Nexus will be stuck with me as well. I have been assigned Forum Moderator over there as well as here and a few other devices.

Before you ask, I already have a request in to try and seperate out the forum between Sprint and Verizon. Apparently flashing a Verizon ROM kills data at the least.

Awesome to hear! Are you even considering the Gnex, or is your heart set on the s3? Either way, see you over there sometime this week!!

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.

Wow I am way behind on whatsoever going on!!! Kenny is a a mod?!?!?! What sorcery is this? And go make us a forum :p

Sent from my SPH-D700

dohturdima

Jan 6, 2011
I am holding on to my Epic for a while longer. Am out of contract, have an upgrade but Sprint's latest data fiasco isn't warming itself to me. I am waiting to see whether Sprint's Network Vision promises are up to snuff by the end of the summer.

Grogck

Mar 28, 2008
I will have my Epic until July or further. I will like to see what comes out in the summer.
I'm probably in the same boat. My upgrade credit becomes available in July, but I may hold onto it for awhile depending on my options.

The Galaxy Nexus is a great option and sorely tempting but we'll also know more about the new Galaxy S3 by end of next week. I have a feeling I'll eventually land there unless it's extremely underwhelming. I'd be surprised if Sprint has their version before September though.

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
Staying on OG Epic thru the summer, as am off contract come September.................passed on my upgrade option last Fall for a couple reasons: (1) no compelling breakthru device option at that time, + (2) development has always been gr8 here, + went off the hizzers in November w/ arrival of EI22 ROMs ;)..........the Gnex looks awesome + has been a cool device since arrival (aokp got there last december), w/ even gr8'er things to come now that it pushes towards LTE ..............but too close to August at this point for me personally.............still, congrats to all of our pals currently on this very cool device!

.........sent from today's android = 4.0.4

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Lol it better have some nasty accelerators bcuz this is only a 200 mhz gpu isn't the gpu in the sgs2 the mali 400 isn't it a 600 mhz gpu?

No 400mhz... lol mali 400... 400mhz. I think its at a higher clock speed than ours... possible.. but yeah its slick.

jemarent

May 9, 2008
i'm still torn whether i want to burn my upgrade on this or not. I tried the Verizon one yesterday and it really didn't seem like it responded much better than my epic on cm9. I didn't run any games, but just did a lot of multitasking things and and tried to put it through the usual test i put my epic through. Is this really much of an upgrade to our phone? I mean i know the obvious spec differences and the size differences, but the biggest thing i see as far as hardware is the screen looks really good in 720p, especially in landscape. The software advantage is a given, but i was expecting a little more from the gnex.

I also wanted to ask if anyone knows whether i can use my epic batteries in the gnex? i have three and external charger so that would influence my decision as well.

CapsLockKey

Sep 17, 2010
i'm still torn whether i want to burn my upgrade on this or not. I tried the Verizon one yesterday and it really didn't seem like it responded much better than my epic on cm9. I didn't run any games, but just did a lot of multitasking things and and tried to put it through the usual test i put my epic through. Is this really much of an upgrade to our phone? I mean i know the obvious spec differences and the size differences, but the biggest thing i see as far as hardware is the screen looks really good in 720p, especially in landscape. The software advantage is a given, but i was expecting a little more from the gnex.

I also wanted to ask if anyone knows whether i can use my epic batteries in the gnex? i have three and external charger so that would influence my decision as well.

Epic batteries won't work with the Nexus.

andsamp

Mar 13, 2011
I am holding on to my Epic for a while longer. Am out of contract, have an upgrade but Sprint's latest data fiasco isn't warming itself to me. I am waiting to see whether Sprint's Network Vision promises are up to snuff by the end of the summer.

+1

I'm out of contract as well and have had major headaches with sprint's network.(tower problems) I couldn't see myself upgrading to anything on sprint, much less an lte phone with no lte service to back it up.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am 45 days away from my upgrade. I have a Epic 4G which has been a POS from day 1. GPS has never worked properly, seldom updated, 4G radio sleeps in the middle of browsing, and the phone now requires resets every 12 hours (otherwise it'll shut down on its own at a random time after). Reinstalling the OS does nothing. It's never been jailbroken because it always errored out when I attempted to. After is crashed and corrupted my SD card in January, I was ready to toss it.

You said jailbroken your whole argument is invalid. And the epic 4g is a powerhorse.. you were just poorly informed, sorry. Also you had only one point that the gps didnt work... which theres a fix for. You dont reinstall the OS you restore the ROM which is different... You need to learn a few things :) just saying.... FWIW.
    ill wait till its a penny on amazon.
    Wow, I stopped by to see where everyone was headed. I expected to see a higher S3 count. I am torn between the same 2 phones for my June 1 update. Looks like I will be seeing many of you soon though. I have more fun with my Nexus now than when I first got it so I am leaning towards GNex but if the May 7th announcement blows me away i may change my mind and have an S2 and S3. I am kinda glad I can't upgrade until 6/! because I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation!

Sent from either ET4G or NS4G using Xparent Tapatalk 2
    Gnex is amazing ;)
    Within a few mins of having it I was flashing CM9 thru twrp
    Im not regretting getting it at all screw the SGS3 :p
    Haha I'm in same situation .. spent all my money during the "holiday" that just passed so I gotta wait a little :eek:

That Kush?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium