[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-19-12][WIP] ics-deck-shift [pre-beta4]

Search This thread

rhodiggah

Aug 11, 2010
South City
Not sure if MMS has been fixed but I am having trouble "sending" MMS to recipients. I am on the latest build

(cm_speedy-ota-eng.deck.zip 194.51 MB 66 1 2012-07-09 16:33:46)

Anyone else?

Using Sparksco's latest CM9 Kernel with this ROM

pwnyourace

Mar 13, 2011
I
Any Bluetooth action yet?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

I got bluetooth on miui lol. Honestly the same fix can probably be used on this rom. And I seen a comment on devhost about force close issues on apps in the latest version and I'm pretty sure i have a fix for it. I'll test the bluetooth and if it works I'll upload a flashable for bluetooth and the force close fix (even if ur not getting force closes you should still flash It as the memory settings are not right for ICS and you would still see some improvement) hopefully this is all OK with deck lol. Heck while I'm at it ill add sparksco's media_profiles.xml in there and just make it a fix pack
18ec860c-501e-a130.jpg

Sent to my evo3D via bluetooth :)

ok here it is http://d-h.st/l9P bluetooth, fixed memory settings, sparksco's media_profiles.xml, and the init.qcom bootscript for ICS roms i felt like throwing in. (the boot script comes stock with all HTC roms btw its not like an extra tweak, if you look its got boot settings for all the different processors its a stock script just want to stress that)
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Not sure if MMS has been fixed but I am having trouble "sending" MMS to recipients. I am on the latest build

(cm_speedy-ota-eng.deck.zip 194.51 MB 66 1 2012-07-09 16:33:46)

Anyone else?

Using Sparksco's latest CM9 Kernel with this ROM

I sent a couple test ones to myself and both sent/received

4306a4a7-7b83-500d.jpg

4306a4a7-7b94-4ede.jpg

I

I got bluetooth on miui lol. Honestly the same fix can probably be used on this rom. And I seen a comment on devhost about force close issues on apps in the latest version and I'm pretty sure i have a fix for it. I'll test the bluetooth and if it works I'll upload a flashable for bluetooth and the force close fix (even if ur not getting force closes you should still flash It as the memory settings are not right for ICS and you would still see some improvement) hopefully this is all OK with deck lol. Heck while I'm at it ill add sparksco's media_profiles.xml in there and just make it a fix pack
18ec860c-501e-a130.jpg

ok here it is http://d-h.st/l9P bluetooth, fixed memory settings, sparksco's media_profiles.xml, and the init.qcom bootscript for ICS roms i felt like throwing in. (the boot script comes stock with all HTC roms btw its not like an extra tweak, if you look its got boot settings for all the different processors its a stock script just want to stress that)

I'm not sure what fixed sms or mms or if it was already working on the latest cm9 version since this is my first go at the cm9 version(2012-07-09), but I also added the patch from my previous post. :)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25081406&postcount=302

Camera still force closes on this version but I don't think it's related to the media_profiles.xml. media_profiles.xml does stop camera from force closing on the PB version. :confused:

Also my keyboard does not work as good on the cm9 version. No backlights and the "period" button does not work.

Here's a AIO version someone please pass on to Deck 0_o

Attachments

• DeckCM9-AIO-FixPack.zip
    172 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

megaghostgamer

Nov 19, 2011
Glad to see the development for the shift is growing stronger.. There are a lot more post and more Roms & kernels being thrown out.. I'll be taking a vacation soon and going to meet with family soon so I'm going to try to squeeze as much as I can in to help fix stuff and build onto my sense rom... I think I might be looking into fixing decks Rom up with fixes from all over the place and see what happens.. Hopefully I can get it to somewhat "stable" but knowing me that wont happen. Oddly enough when I port, it does fix things but I guess I'll have to keep trying :) Have a great day! :)

pwnyourace

Mar 13, 2011
Yea I noticed that sparksco the lights were being really dumb on mine on the latest CM9. they wouldn't turn on unless I toggled auto brightness and toggled it back and then they wouldn't turn off when I closed the keyboard.. IMO use the 2nd CM9 build there's far less issues.

adamsmiley

Jul 23, 2010
I

18ec860c-501e-a130.jpg

With your patch Bluetooth will turn on, I can get my head set connected, I can listen to music with it but I can't make a phone call. There is just static or dead air on both ends of the phone. Thanks for trying we are getting closer.

pwnyourace

Mar 13, 2011
With your patch Bluetooth will turn on, I can get my head set connected, I can listen to music with it but I can't make a phone call. There is just static or dead air on both ends of the phone. Thanks for trying we are getting closer.

It sucks but I didn't expect it to fully work but it's on and partially working at least. I know bluetooth is usually an issue with ICS AOSP roms

rhodiggah

Aug 11, 2010
South City
I sent a couple test ones to myself and both sent/received

4306a4a7-7b83-500d.jpg

4306a4a7-7b94-4ede.jpg

I'm not sure what fixed sms or mms or if it was already working on the latest cm9 version since this is my first go at the cm9 version(2012-07-09), but I also added the patch from my previous post. :)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25081406&postcount=302

Camera still force closes on this version but I don't think it's related to the media_profiles.xml. media_profiles.xml does stop camera from force closing on the PB version. :confused:

Also my keyboard does not work as good on the cm9 version. No backlights and the "period" button does not work.

Here's a AIO version someone please pass on to Deck 0_o

It seems that I had an older version of Deck's CM9 (6/13/12) installed hence MMS not working. Looking at your pics, you had a newer version (07/09/12) installed. Going to try that one...

Thanks!

asaladinojr

Jan 28, 2010
I totally have bluballs for a camera fix. Loving the cm9 from 7/9.
Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using xda app-developers app

dandan2980

Jun 17, 2010
I am on the latest cm9 7-9-12 using sparksco kernel and flashed both fixes posted in the thread and I gotta say this is running very good. Opening of the apps is faster and feels way smoother. Loving cm9 right now. I feel like it is actually going to stay on my phone I usually switch back to cm7 cause of speed and stability but I am very happy with this one and the fixes thanks guys for all you do for our little shifts

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using xda premium

shunut

Apr 3, 2011
I am on the latest cm9 7-9-12 using sparksco kernel and flashed both fixes posted in the thread and I gotta say this is running very good. Opening of the apps is faster and feels way smoother. Loving cm9 right now. I feel like it is actually going to stay on my phone I usually switch back to cm7 cause of speed and stability but I am very happy with this one and the fixes thanks guys for all you do for our little shifts

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using xda premium

Is everything working with the fixes? Bluetooth, MMS, Camera?

adamsmiley

Jul 23, 2010
Is everything working with the fixes? Bluetooth, MMS, Camera?

With the fix Bluetooth will turn on and you can par your device, you can send files, you can listen to music with a head set but you CAN"T use a head set for a phone call, the mic does not work at lest with my jawbone head set. Once they get that working I think I will use CM9 all the time.

shunut

Apr 3, 2011
With the fix Bluetooth will turn on and you can par your device, you can send files, you can listen to music with a head set but you CAN"T use a head set for a phone call, the mic does not work at lest with my jawbone head set. Once they get that working I think I will use CM9 all the time.

Just did some testing on my own, trying different combos of cm9 roms, with and without the sparko kernel, with and without fixes, and couldn't find a combo where everything worked. Guess I'm going to stick with my pb21 ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/799/ics-shift

enjoy,
    -deck
    its hard enough supporting 1 device let alone 4. the evo LTE is my main device, and has had most of my 'dev' time lately, and my other time has gone to health issues. I built speedy off of cm so i can get a device tree ready for cm so hopefully you all can get nightlies sooner then later... im sorry i was trying to better the shift community.
    what is it that i have or havent done that is making sparkso so mad? all my source is on my personal github and the playground github. i just dont understand what the problem is here. I never dropped support for any devices, its just been a little longer between updates, cause the device pretty much is almost fully working. things that are not fixed are not easy fixes, or they would have been done long ago. Im sorry if i offended u in any way, but i think you have me confused with some other devs. Anyways, i hope this clears some stuff up for everybody.

No, i did NOT drop support for the evo shift.
    Yes, there will be updates in time.

-deck
    Ok dude, where again did he say he was going to do this in the first place? Why even say he's going to do it when you don't even know if it's going to happen? Why can't he just speak for himself and post his own comments on here lol? Uploading something to cm-gerrit takes like 5 minutes if that but you seem to know more than I do..

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

yo bro relax. the only reason there are cm builds gong on is so that cm can add my device tree and start nightles if it comes to that, no i am not moving onto cm, and yes you need to relax, get off the bath salts, and start coding something yourself with that attitude.

-deck

EDIT: i dont owe you anything nor will i ever. its attitudes like your's that make me want to stop support on the shift. #realtalk
    thanks guys! I hear that WiMAX will never work on ICS due to no source... that's a damn shame! The only thing holding me back from ICS roms are the lack of WiMAX, since I tether WiMAX quite a bit on Gingerbread!

Well... We will have a fully functioning sense 3.6 ics rom... The evo design, same chip (msm 7630) just had a leak drop... I personally have been working on it and so have some other developers as well... Mark my words... We will have 3.6 ics with camera and wimax... :beer:

Sent from my PG06100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    So...
    Does anyone have a working MMS or video solution on Deck's latest release?
    I kinda use MMS with my girlfriend for ... sharing pictures ... and junk

Correction:

"I kinda use MMS with my girlfriend for... Sharing pictures of my junk."

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium