Search This thread

EggosEvo

Feb 8, 2011
Kansas City
I personally am going to wait to see if the Note 2 will come to Sprint. Id rather have that than the S3.

But on an OTA related note, just to stay on topic, i just hope it doesnt release this Monday. Thats the day of Warped Tour here in KC, so i wouldnt be able to get it til late that night or the morning after. If its FF18 based, will i be able to get it OTA if i flash FF18 now? And if I remember right, I would not be able to get OTA if i have a custom recovery installed. Right?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

TrayLunch

R.I.P.
Apr 29, 2012
Houston
I personally am going to wait to see if the Note 2 will come to Sprint. Id rather have that than the S3.

But on an OTA related note, just to stay on topic, i just hope it doesnt release this Monday. Thats the day of Warped Tour here in KC, so i wouldnt be able to get it til late that night or the morning after. If its FF18 based, will i be able to get it OTA if i flash FF18 now? And if I remember right, I would not be able to get OTA if i have a custom recovery installed. Right?

Stock EL29 or no OTA.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: EggosEvo

proxy0

Apr 8, 2012
How quick will root come to ota? I'm already rooted but ill update ota then wait for root.

JDinAZ74

Dec 30, 2010
Atlanta
Why would anyone buy an s3, especially with lte not existing yet?

Hell I'd settle for wimax at this point. I live in one of the biggest cities in the US and wimax is spotty at best. If I ever want to see 4G in my lifetime I'll have to switch to Verizon :(

Ravaged Pheonix

Dec 27, 2010
Canton, Ohio
www.teamvenum.com
Hell I'd settle for wimax at this point. I live in one of the biggest cities in the US and wimax is spotty at best. If I ever want to see 4G in my lifetime I'll have to switch to Verizon :(

Yeah a week after I left AT&T for sprint I got an email from AT&T saying 4g just went live in my area.

Blu Kuban
Its what all the cool kids are using.

Noob trolled the troll that tried to troll the Noob.
~~~coal686~~~

TrayLunch

R.I.P.
Apr 29, 2012
Houston
Hahahahaha! On Tapatalk, when I looked at this thread, it said

"I have the best news for you all ICS for Epic Touch!!! Now on Wrong subject"

Isn't that always the case, LOL!

6 more days til Sprint Tech Support said OTA will drop. My Asus EEEtab just updated this morning, but it's been on ICS.

Reactions: latinmaxima

Esoteric68

Jun 9, 2011
Hellabama
Hahahahaha! On Tapatalk, when I looked at this thread, it said

"I have the best news for you all ICS for Epic Touch!!! Now on Wrong subject"

Isn't that always the case, LOL!

6 more days til Sprint Tech Support said OTA will drop. My Asus EEEtab just updated this morning, but it's been on ICS.

Only 34 more pages to go, we'll easily cover that in 6 days. lol

See I'm hoping I did you guys a favor by switching to the SGSIII (for now) usually the way my luck goes as soon as I move up to something new the something old gets updated.

Plus I treat my E4GT like the Blarney Stone and kiss it every day for luck.

TrayLunch

R.I.P.
Apr 29, 2012
Houston
Only 34 more pages to go, we'll easily cover that in 6 days. lol

See I'm hoping I did you guys a favor by switching to the SGSIII (for now) usually the way my luck goes as soon as I move up to something new the something old gets updated.

Plus I treat my E4GT like the Blarney Stone and kiss it every day for luck.
Gross! Do you not realize where that things been? LOL!

Esoteric68

Jun 9, 2011
Hellabama
Gross! Do you not realize where that things been? LOL!

It's mine, of course I do! :D Unless you mean the real Blarney Stone, which I haven't had the pleasure of kissing but my son did when he went over to Ireland in high school, lucky brat.

Staying on topic, we're what, 18 days beyond the last rdf, that's gotta mean something just not sure what. lol

TrayLunch

R.I.P.
Apr 29, 2012
Houston
It's mine, of course I do! :D Unless you mean the real Blarney Stone, which I haven't had the pleasure of kissing but my son did when he went over to Ireland in high school, lucky brat.

Staying on topic, we're what, 18 days beyond the last rdf, that's gotta mean something just not sure what. lol
Hope you use lots of hand sanitizer, LOL! And kissing the Blarney Stone, barf!!! The wife and I are going to Ireland in Nov and she wants to do it. I can only imagine the amount of herpes on that thing, LOL! I wanna take pics of me teabagging it the night before and show it to everyone after they kiss it, LOL! But again, the herpes, so no ball contact.

It means they're optimizing sales of the GS3 so that they don't have 2 ICS phones competing it's first week out of the gates. I have a lady at work getting her first smart phone. I told her to get this one and she said, "But the GS3 comes in pebble blue. It's so pretty. And it has ice cream sandwich. I don't know what that is, but it sounds good!" I facepalmed. She'll get what she gets. It's being used as a selling point. From the sounds of it, it's an effective one. When they've bled it dry, they'll release it.

Last edited:

Esoteric68

Jun 9, 2011
Hellabama
Hope you use lots of hand sanitizer, LOL! And kissing the Blarney Stone, barf!!! The wife and I are going to Ireland in Nov and she wants to do it. I can only imagine the amount of herpes on that thing, LOL! I wanna take pics of me teabagging it the night before and show it to everyone after they kiss it, LOL! But again, the herpes, so no ball contact.

It means they're optimizing sales of the GS3 so that they don't have 2 ICS phones competing it's first week out of the gates. I have a lady at work getting her first smart phone. I told her to get this one and she said, "But the GS3 comes in pebble blue. It's so pretty. And it has ice cream sandwich. I don't know what that is, but it sounds good!" I facepalmed. She'll get what she gets. It's being used as a selling point. From the sounds of it, it's an effective one. When they've bled it dry, they'll release it.

Don't you dare desecrate the Blarney Stone! (as if you'd be the first lol) I'll definitely be sure to sanitize the spot I'm about to kiss when I finally make it over there. Guys are so gross. *wrinkles nose*

I guess I'm one of the few who isn't impressed with the pebble blue, but I typically like my cell phones in black. Of course since there was no black option with the SGSIII, I got the white and I like it okay, but still would prefer black. lol

TrayLunch

R.I.P.
Apr 29, 2012
Houston
Don't you dare desecrate the Blarney Stone! (as if you'd be the first lol) I'll definitely be sure to sanitize the spot I'm about to kiss when I finally make it over there. Guys are so gross. *wrinkles nose*

I guess I'm one of the few who isn't impressed with the pebble blue, but I typically like my cell phones in black. Of course since there was no black option with the SGSIII, I got the white and I like it okay, but still would prefer black. lol

:Cartman: Whateva! I do wut I want!

Yeah! I don't get it! What is it with cell phones coming in all these goofy colors? What happened to classic black? I don't need to make a statement with my phone other than a call or a text. It's not a fashion accessory or status symbol, and if I want it to be, I'll buy a case... or a POS iPhone.

Last edited:

EggosEvo

Feb 8, 2011
Kansas City
:Cartman: Whateva! I do wut I want!

Yeah! I don't get it! What is it with cell phones coming in all these goofy colors? What happened to classic black? I don't need to make a statement with my phone other than a call it a text. It's not a fashion accessory or status symbol, and if I want it to be, I'll buy a case... or a POS iPhone. </rant>

The one thing that I acually like about the iPhone is how you can replace the front and back plates with different colors or materials. Meaning one could replace the back with stainless steel if they wanted to(and were fine with the extra weight). But thats the only good thing about it.

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA

I'm probably gonna stick with epic 4g touch. But if I can afford an galaxy siii I am gonna hold out for the red one :)

Esoteric68

Jun 9, 2011
Hellabama
I'm probably gonna stick with epic 4g touch. But if I can afford an galaxy siii I am gonna hold out for the red one :)

Well I went ahead and made the jump because I used my son's upgrade and I really like the phone but so far it isn't a clear winner over my E4GT and I'll probably swap back and forth between them for a bit until I decide which I like best.

Top Liked Posts