[ROM] Rogers

Search This thread

ckrest

Jan 4, 2009
I can't get the mail client to connect to my works exchange server. It says

Verifying Account information...

Error
Failed to connect to the exchange server. Please check exchange server settings.

I'm 100% sure that I have the correct settings. Has anyone confirmed this to be working for them?

I'm using exchange 2003

You will most likely need 2007 for active sync.. It has much better mobile device support as well. I had to request my company switch my mail account to an 07 server from 03 for exchange w/act sync to work on any previous build as well. *EDIT* This is if it is giving you an incorrect user/pass error, not connection failed. fyi

Last edited:

ckrest

Jan 4, 2009
Ideally what I would really love to bring to this build is the window transition animation seen in the Hero builds.. I think that looks so much better than the slide transition... Struggling w/it though, any help would be great.

smasraum

May 15, 2009
Does this have gmail integration and contact syncronization like the other builds?

I'd like the exchange integration and I'd like to try this build based on what I've heard, but I'd not like to loose my gmail integration the way it exists in the builds that I've been using.

ckrest

Jan 4, 2009
Does this have gmail integration and contact syncronization like the other builds?

I'd like the exchange integration and I'd like to try this build based on what I've heard, but I'd not like to loose my gmail integration the way it exists in the builds that I've been using.

Gmail integration is completely intact.

Baldyman1966

Mar 12, 2009
For the people who keep asking, this build is very similar to the Haykuro 5.x Builds, It looks, acts and has the features of the HTC Sapphire, minus the auto screen rotation (Funbacon had a fix for that, maybe he can use it again).

smasraum

May 15, 2009
sweet!

OK, so I'm going to need to upgrade from recovery 1.42 to 1.43, then upgrade from HardSPL to SPL 1.33 and then to this ROM.

RPG0

May 6, 2006
Hmmm, i hoped that this ROM would work with my Exchange server, but i get a "Failed to create account. Please try again later" error. This is what i get on any ROM with Exchange integrated. Anyone have any idea how i can fix it? I log in and everything is ok until i choose what i want sync-ed (mail, calendar, contacts), and the it says "Processing..." for 15 seconds, then the error above.

Any idea ?

Last edited:

Baldyman1966

Mar 12, 2009
You will most likely need 2007 for active sync.. It has much better mobile device support as well. I had to request my company switch my mail account to an 07 server from 03 for exchange w/act sync to work on any previous build as well. *EDIT* This is if it is giving you an incorrect user/pass error, not connection failed. fyi

My company has 2003 and I'm syncing fine.

TOP TIP

in server address put the numerical ip address rather than the http:

that sorted it for me on Haykuro's 5 Builds.

ckrest

Jan 4, 2009
Hmmm, i hoped that this ROM would work with my Exchange server, but i get a "cannot create account. please try again later" error. This is what i get on any ROM with Exchange integrated. Anyone have any idea how i can fix it? I log in and everything is ok until i choose what i want sync-ed (mail, calendar, contacts), and the it says "Processing..." for 15 seconds, then the error above.

Any idea ?

run adb logcat and click sync or finish & send me the results please.

billnye1999

Apr 4, 2008
I've had it loaded for a few hours and is working great. Exchange working, gmail, browser, music, videos, camera, camcorder, pdf viewer, paid apps, root is working. Thanks for this.:D:D:D:D

NOTE: I have a HTC Multi Adapter and it works perfectly now. I can plug it in to the phone plug in 3.5mm headphones and charge it at the same time just like RC33. Automatically shuts off speaker when its plugged in (wouldn't do this with jf1.5/1.51 or adp 1.5).:D:D:D:D

maxawesome

Apr 25, 2008
Seattle
I can't get the mail client to connect to my works exchange server. It says

Verifying Account information...

Error
Failed to connect to the exchange server. Please check exchange server settings.

I'm 100% sure that I have the correct settings. Has anyone confirmed this to be working for them?

I'm using exchange 2003

Working for me. We use the absolute bleeding edge Exchange stuff though. We're on Exchange 2007 or possibly 2010.

I'm ecstatic. No more cumbersome mail clients to bog the system down (and no reason to pay $30 for Moxier Mail or Touchdown now).

Going from JF1.51US w/Moxier Mail to RogersR2 w/native Exchange is a HUGE jump in speed.

I was sad that JF1.51US was so bogged down by Moxier Mail. Granted it was leagues better than JF1.43RC33 with Moxier, but no where near as fast as this Rogers build. I never could get Touchdown to work properly.

One thing to try, Sandhawk -- make sure you're using the appropriate SSL setting for your account, and double-check the mail server address. Mine was incorrectly identified as: <company>.com, whereas I know for a fact that it's supposed to be mail.<company>.com for our servers, and I know for a fact we are required to use SSL.

I don't know if the native client supports Exchange Direct Push, but I believe so, since it supports Exchange ActiveSync. I can live without Direct Push, though. If something is so urgent that it can't wait 10 minutes for me to receive the email, then you should have called me -- that's my theory.

Anyways, enough rambling. Good luck to you!

NexVision

May 10, 2005
For the people who keep asking, this build is very similar to the Haykuro 5.x Builds, It looks, acts and has the features of the HTC Sapphire, minus the auto screen rotation (Funbacon had a fix for that, maybe he can use it again).
Auto screen rotation works just fine u have to enable it though.

As for exchange it supports direct push just as it should it is a phenominal client even supports multi deleting. Guys verify u have the address and domain correct.

For instance your web address could be.

xxxx= your domain usually

www.xxxxxxxxx.com /.net
mail.xxxxxxxxxx.com /.net

then u have your domain

which could be

xxxxxxxxx
www.xxxxxxxx.com /.net

best thing to do would be ask your it admin.

I have
server 2003 exch 2003 working
server 2008 exch 2007 working
both servers have multiple domains on them and all works just fine.

Last edited:

RPG0

May 6, 2006
run adb logcat and click sync or finish & send me the results please.
W/System.err( 357): com.htc.android.mail.eassvc.core.SyncException: Forbidden
W/System.err( 357): at com.htc.android.mail.eassvc.core.SyncManager.getHttpStatusError(SyncManager.java:5962)
W/System.err( 357): at com.htc.android.mail.eassvc.core.SyncManager.getFolderHierarchy(SyncManager.java:685)
W/System.err( 357): at com.htc.android.mail.eassvc.core.SyncManager.syncMailFolderAndUpdAccount(SyncManager.java:6056)
W/System.err( 357): at com.htc.android.mail.eassvc.core.SyncManager.createAccount(SyncManager.java:6163)
W/System.err( 357): at com.htc.android.mail.eassvc.EASAppSvc$MailBlockCommandHandler.createAccount(EASAppSvc.java:4865)
W/System.err( 357): at com.htc.android.mail.eassvc.EASAppSvc.createAccount(EASAppSvc.java:5101)
W/System.err( 357): at com.htc.android.mail.eassvc.EASAppSvc$1.createAccount(EASAppSvc.java:395)
W/System.err( 357): at com.htc.android.mail.easclient.SynchronizationSetting$VerifyAccountThread.run(SynchronizationSetting.java:492)

This is the error :(

EDIT: "E/EAS_SyncEngine( 357): ! error. GFH http statuserror: 403" also appears just before

Last edited:

willowsticks

Jun 2, 2009
htc message

I just finished installing the ROM and it has been stuck at the htc screen for about 10 min now. Every 30 seconds or so it goes black then makes the little chime sound and show htc again. Should i just let it go? or take out battery?