my I9000m did not come with google voice search.

Search This thread

TriC_101

Jan 28, 2010
London, Ontario.
found how to get it.. just do a seach on google for "com.google.android.voicesearch.apk" and download and install and it works.. copy it to your SD card to install it.

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
hmm... if you are talking about the Bell version it comes in the stock ROM
it's labelled as "Voice Dialler"

but it is not only voice dialing, when you speak to it, it comes back with search results for both software and contacts, if you execute either one, it launches the app, or it dials the contact

siddspain

Aug 9, 2010
Earlier today I change the sell code to english and ta-daaa: voice search appeared. I'm actually looking for a way to get rid of it right now ;)
You lose all your data though. So if you're gonna try it, go ahead and back up. I use Titanium back up (I don't love it, though: you have to stay by the phone waiting to give the green like* everytime an app is being re-installed).

EDIT: *light

Last edited:

siddspain

Aug 9, 2010
Hmmm, maybe that's not its name. Anyway: *#272*HHMM# change HHMM for your local time, so if it's 12:30 it should look like: *#272*1230#.

Once there, check the codes http: //samsung-firmware . webs . com / samsunglettercode . htm (remove blanks) and apply the english one.

ravi84m

Jun 17, 2010
Venlo
i get only this page when i google sell code samsung... so i'm not sure if such a thing exist.
anyway the 272 trick doesn't work on my i9000.

specr1

Aug 16, 2010
it has to get internet connection.
i think you're looking for google commands. you can just grab it from the market. but it wont work without google voice search.
Thanks,

Market didn't have "google commands" but it had "voice commands". Voice commands was listed as free but when i clicked on the link it said "not found"

I tried both appbrain and android market.

Anyone have the apk for voice command or google command?

Nirvana388

Aug 19, 2010
Hamilton, ON
I'm not exactly sure why voice input was removed, probably a combination of the fact that it doesn't support french and also that Samsung stripped out the default android keyboard (which has the microphone button) and replaced it with 2 far superior keyboards: their own, and swype. I guess that's the one downside of swype is you don't get the voice input button.

However Samsung did include Vlingo for free (I'm aware that Vlingo has since become free for all phones since the updated google voice commands were announced for froyo). Vlingo is actually far better than the google voice input (at least for 1.5-2.1) as it gives you commands as well as the text entry. You can also setup the Vlingo keyboard which is essentially the stock Android 2.1 keyboard including the mic button.

From what I can tell it detects words just as well as the google service. Vlingo lets you put widgets of any size (1x1 to full screen) so this kinda makes up for the missing mic button on the google search widget.

I would imagine when the 2.2 update comes out we will have the google function back with multi language support and commands!

specr1

Aug 16, 2010
I'm not exactly sure why voice input was removed, probably a combination of the fact that it doesn't support french and also that Samsung stripped out the default android keyboard (which has the microphone button) and replaced it with 2 far superior keyboards: their own, and swype. I guess that's the one downside of swype is you don't get the voice input button.

However Samsung did include Vlingo for free (I'm aware that Vlingo has since become free for all phones since the updated google voice commands were announced for froyo). Vlingo is actually far better than the google voice input (at least for 1.5-2.1) as it gives you commands as well as the text entry. You can also setup the Vlingo keyboard which is essentially the stock Android 2.1 keyboard including the mic button.

From what I can tell it detects words just as well as the google service. Vlingo lets you put widgets of any size (1x1 to full screen) so this kinda makes up for the missing mic button on the google search widget.

I would imagine when the 2.2 update comes out we will have the google function back with multi language support and commands!

Thanks, but Vlingo requires internet right? My old phones had voice recognition without the requirement of internet.

Ravi84m suggested "google commands" because it doesn't require internet??