[SCRIPT] Dalvik To Cache | No Loss in performance | Extra Space In Internal Memory

Does the Script Work for You?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
Please tell me the error you get, i will help you in solving it

This is made for stock kernel, althought it will work most probably on every kernel and rom.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------This is a Easy Way to Increase Internal Memory-------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It Moves System Apps Dalvik Cache to the Cache Partition in Your Internal Memory, with no loss in performance

Use This On Your Own Responsibility, I Will Not Be Held Responsible For Anything

I have Tested it on my Arc S and got 60mb more free, I have a total of 67 apps installed
ScreenShot:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Credits:
1.Alberto96
2.tobbbie
(both provided codes which i read and understood)

Compatibility:
It Should Be Compatible With Most Phones With a Cache Partition

Requirements:

Instructions:
  • Download The Files
  • Run 02SystemDalvikToCache Using Script Manager (Only need to run once)Run as SU
  • Put 02DalviktoCacheBoot in Your Init.D Folder and set right permissions

Screenshot_2013_06_24_14_23_55.png

To Uninstall:
  • Remove The 02DalviktoCacheBoot script from init.d folder
  • Reboot to recovery And Wipe Dalvik Cache (Or you can use an app that wipes dalvik Cache)

FYI:
  • 02SystemDalviktoCache moves System Applications Dalvik Cache to the Cache partition
  • 02DalviktoCacheBoot copies Dalvik Cache from sdcard to Cache partition to prevent Bootloop
  • Ignore All Errors Given By Script Manager, They Do Not Affect The Work of The Script
  • The reason i dont have a script to move dalvik-cache of apps in sdcard is because they are usually higher than 100mb, if i need some more space, or if these scripts are used i will make a script to move sdcard apps dalvik-cache to dev folder

Download:

If You Get A Boot loop, Please Go Into Recovery, Wipe Dalvik Cache and Reboot

Warning: Please watch out that your cache partition has around 100mb limit (102mb on arc s)

Important: Please make sure to read the instructions and also the FYI section is very helpful

[SCRIPT] Dalvik To Cache

Last edited:

xange

Sep 6, 2012
Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
Great mod. But plz put there is a disadvantage of using this mod. Most phone's Cache partition only have 100mb+- size volume (my neo has 101.5mb using neo v ftf). move whole dalvik cache to cache partition is possible but it will limit the number of apps you install since cache partition is small (my phone have 185mb of dalvik cache with 212 apps including system apps installed), It will come out some error if you install more apps if the cache partition is full.

*I'm just giving an advice to put on op for using this mod. Not giving bad comment. thanks

regards.

Reactions: Sahaab

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
Great mod. But plz put there is a disadvantage of using this mod. Most phone's Cache partition only have 100mb+- size volume (my neo has 101.5mb using neo v ftf). move whole dalvik cache to cache partition is possible but it will limit the number of apps you install since cache partition is small (my phone have 185mb of dalvik cache with 212 apps including system apps installed), It will come out some error if you install more apps if the cache partition is full.

*I'm just giving an advice to put on op for using this mod. Not giving bad comment. thanks

regards.

Thanks i will edit it
p.s i put something like it in the FYI section
Also this script only moves the dalvik cache by system apps

Edit: This will only increase the amount of apps u can install :D
Most system apps dalvik cache only take around 50-70mb space
I am going to make a script to move the dalvik cache of apps in the sd card (usually taking around 150mb) to the dev partition, which usually has 160mb free, but it will be really limiting, so only gonna make it per request

Last edited:

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON

regards.

I really dont think ppl will install soo many system apps as to fill the 100mb with the dalvik-cache's

xange

Sep 6, 2012
Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
I really dont think ppl will install soo many system apps as to fill the 100mb with the dalvik-cache's

The size of dalvik is depend on apps' dex file. Some may be large, some maybe small. And dalvik doesn't solely for system but both system and user's app on data and external. For me, base system apps there are 130? If install mods like cybershot, album, walkman, Google now..... You should know what is their size right? ;)and if with games? Utilities like Google keep? Drive? It takes even more... From my experience, stock neo ftf give 135mb space at v_mtd partition. There is a kernel store dalvik at it. Which limit my apps number stuck at 190 both system and user. With data free space 250mb, that's how I learnt my lesson.

And, I like the idea moving cache to sd, I got a 32 Gb sd but dunno how to spend the space :p

Edit: sorry, didn't notice only moving system apps dalvik. In that case I think it is more than enough..... XD

Sent from my MT15i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
The size of dalvik is depend on apps' dex file. Some may be large, some maybe small. And dalvik doesn't solely for system but both system and user's app on data and external. For me, base system apps there are 130? If install mods like cybershot, album, walkman, Google now..... You should know what is their size right? ;)and if with games? Utilities like Google keep? Drive? It takes even more... From my experience, stock neo ftf give 135mb space at v_mtd partition. There is a kernel store dalvik at it. Which limit my apps number stuck at 190 both system and user. With data free space 250mb, that's how I learnt my lesson.

And, I like the idea moving cache to sd, I got a 32 Gb sd but dunno how to spend the space :p

Sent from my MT15i using xda app-developers app

That the awesum part of this script
It only touches the dalvik cache of apps in the system partition
I have apps like walkman, album,cybershot, and google now installed
I have 144 system apps and 67 installed apps
And sdcard is slow for storing dalvik-cache
Cache partition is faster

Edit: haha np XD

Last edited:

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
*Updated Script*
It now tells what it is doing at every step , makes it more user-friendly

Sent from my LT18i

Last edited:

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
Iam facing fc of many apps, with this script, why?

U didnt install right
Plz wipe dalvik-cache
Run the script using script manager
And place the init.d script in init.d folder (plz make sure ur rom or kernel has init.d support or else u will face FC's like these after a boot)
Read OP for more details

Sent from my LT18i

Reactions: jonke11

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
*Updated Script*
Fixed errors recieved when backing up dalvik-cache
Now also shows the size of dalvik cache transferred and the backed up dalvik cache

Sent from my LT18i

Last edited:

jonke11

Jul 27, 2011
Kaunas
U didnt install right
Plz wipe dalvik-cache
And place the init.d script in init.d folder (plz make sure ur rom or kernel has init.d support or else u will face FC's like these after a boot)
Read OP for more details

Sent from my LT18i

Thanks! I just missed step, that i need to.wipe davlik cache first ;)

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
*Updated*
You can now run script as many times as you want without wiping dalvik-Cache :D

Sent from my LT18i

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please tell me the error you get, i will help you in solving it

This is made for stock kernel, althought it will work most probably on every kernel and rom.
    -------------------------This is a Easy Way to Increase Internal Memory-------------------------
    It Moves System Apps Dalvik Cache to the Cache Partition in Your Internal Memory, with no loss in performance

Use This On Your Own Responsibility, I Will Not Be Held Responsible For Anything

I have Tested it on my Arc S and got 60mb more free, I have a total of 67 apps installed
    ScreenShot:

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Credits:
    1.Alberto96
    2.tobbbie
    (both provided codes which i read and understood)

Compatibility:
    It Should Be Compatible With Most Phones With a Cache Partition

Requirements:

Instructions:
    • Download The Files
    • Run 02SystemDalvikToCache Using Script Manager (Only need to run once)Run as SU
    • Put 02DalviktoCacheBoot in Your Init.D Folder and set right permissions

Screenshot_2013_06_24_14_23_55.png

To Uninstall:
    • Remove The 02DalviktoCacheBoot script from init.d folder
    • Reboot to recovery And Wipe Dalvik Cache (Or you can use an app that wipes dalvik Cache)

FYI:
    • 02SystemDalviktoCache moves System Applications Dalvik Cache to the Cache partition
    • 02DalviktoCacheBoot copies Dalvik Cache from sdcard to Cache partition to prevent Bootloop
    • Ignore All Errors Given By Script Manager, They Do Not Affect The Work of The Script
    • The reason i dont have a script to move dalvik-cache of apps in sdcard is because they are usually higher than 100mb, if i need some more space, or if these scripts are used i will make a script to move sdcard apps dalvik-cache to dev folder

Download:

If You Get A Boot loop, Please Go Into Recovery, Wipe Dalvik Cache and Reboot

Warning: Please watch out that your cache partition has around 100mb limit (102mb on arc s)

Important: Please make sure to read the instructions and also the FYI section is very helpful

[SCRIPT] Dalvik To Cache

regards.
    You rock Sahaab :D i got 60 mb thank you :good: :good: :good: :good:
    Iam facing fc of many apps, with this script, why?

U didnt install right
    Plz wipe dalvik-cache
    Read OP for more details

Sent from my LT18i
    Iam using Inteks kernel and Jelly Dream 4.0 Rom.

Look, this is errors

Could you plz re install the latest busybox using the busybox installer on first page
    And also if u wnt the script has been updated u can download that
    It looks like ur busybox isnt complete and doesnt contain the 'cp' code

Edit: also use the smart install option in the installer

Sent from my LT18i