[Q] Keeps bootlooping no matter what I do

Search This thread

Fabis94

May 26, 2012
So I already posted before about a bootloop issue I had. I fixed it by completely rerooting from scratch by following Cyanogens wiki (including changing the firmware) and then it worked for a while, but then it started bootlooping again (no matter which ROM) I used. Then I rerooted it from scratch again and this time it's only been like a week and its starting to bootloop again. I have no idea what to do anymore, I mean seriously, what else there is to do, since I've already tried rerooting/reflashing?

EDIT: Could it be because I chose the wrong way to downgrade when rooting? Like in the cyanognemod vision rooting guide there are 2 options for downgrading, depending on if you have gingerbread or froyo. Everything did work when I did it, though, so I don't think it would be because of this.

Last edited:

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Can't say for sure, try and grab a logcat or last_kmsg
Also boot to bootloader and write down everything on that screen

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Fabis94

Fabis94

May 26, 2012

Here's the bootloader info:
VISION PVT ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-0.84.2000 (PC1011000)
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.03.02.18_M3
eMMC-boot
Sep 8 2010, 15:56:38

logcat: pastebin.com/XXCPBFg1
last_kmsg: pastebin.com/Rrr8CWEh

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Everything looks good, kernel never panics and shuts off and logcat shows mostly normal startup processes. Maybe can you explain more your situation, like if you were to wipe all right now and than flash a new ROM would it work? Then latter on you get a bootloop, or will new ROMs just not flash at all?

Fabis94

May 26, 2012
Everything looks good, kernel never panics and shuts off and logcat shows mostly normal startup processes. Maybe can you explain more your situation, like if you were to wipe all right now and than flash a new ROM would it work? Then latter on you get a bootloop, or will new ROMs just not flash at all?

I've tried Cyanogenmod 7 and 2 other custom roms, all three just bootloop. Could it be a hardware issue?
And yeah I can install roms just fine, they bootloop after booting up, like a few seconds after it has started up.

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
I wouldn't call it hardware just yet, each time you flash a new ROM does the bootanimation change? Also let's make sure you wipe everything before flashing a new ROM
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2348266
Here, in the first post, you will find a super wipe script and aio formatting script
Download these and put on sdcard
Now boot to bootloader and run these commands through fastboot (see the above link if you need help setting up fastboot)
fastboot erase system -w
fastboot erase boot
Now boot into recovery and flash both the superwipe and aio wipe tool (just like flashing a ROM)
The above is overkill yes, but its best to be sure you wipe clean when having issues like yours
Now once complete do your standard wipes from recovery and flash ROM plus proper gapps (if needed)
Let me know what happens here
If in a bootloop can you grab some new logs again, preferably with the full bootloop in them

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Fabis94

May 26, 2012
I wouldn't call it hardware just yet, each time you flash a new ROM does the bootanimation change? Also let's make sure you wipe everything before flashing a new ROM
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2348266
Here, in the first post, you will find a super wipe script and aio formatting script
Download these and put on sdcard
Now boot to bootloader and run these commands through fastboot (see the above link if you need help setting up fastboot)
fastboot erase system -w
fastboot erase boot
Now boot into recovery and flash both the superwipe and aio wipe tool (just like flashing a ROM)
The above is overkill yes, but its best to be sure you wipe clean when having issues like yours
Now once complete do your standard wipes from recovery and flash ROM plus proper gapps (if needed)
Let me know what happens here
If in a bootloop can you grab some new logs again, preferably with the full bootloop in them

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes the boot animation does change. Also, is there another way to do fastboot erase system -w and fastboot erase boot, without doing them through fastboot, because I'm on Windows 8.1 x64 and I've found no way to get fastboot drivers to work on this machine. Adb for example does work, so can I do it through that somehow?

EDIT: I didn't do the fastboot erase, but I did flash the superwipe and aio wipe tool and now after flashing a ROM, it has been stable for a few minutes now. I don't know if the bootloop will return, because previous times it had returned even after a week or two, but then again I had never used these wipe roms before, so who knows what will happen. We'll see, thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.