Can we cut and paste like this?

Search This thread

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
I use Mantano reader for textbook reading and lecture notes for my note taking. I keep them both open in multi window and it works well for me. iPad just can't do this. The kid next to me uses some windows tablet with some DRM reader and one note.

I was watching him today during a lecture and he takes his stylus, selects a section from the ebook reader (e.g. a sample problem) and pastes it straight into one note. I really liked watching that and would find it useful.

Sadly I cannot figure out how to do this on the Note.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

fantasmanegro

Apr 27, 2012
I use Mantano reader for textbook reading and lecture notes for my note taking. I keep them both open in multi window and it works well for me. iPad just can't do this. The kid next to me uses some windows tablet with some DRM reader and one note.

I was watching him today during a lecture and he takes his stylus, selects a section from the ebook reader (e.g. a sample problem) and pastes it straight into one note. I really liked watching that and would find it useful.

as far as i remember, you can do the same thing with GN10.1 but you need to press the spen button to select an area

{Diemex}

Jan 30, 2011
Germany
Press and hold the spen button, then draw on the screen. You will see a selection line. It sometimes takes a while for the popup to pop up, but then you can share the selection with any app.

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
Yup! I was being a total idiot. I was holding the button too long and the spen application selector was popping up and I was trying to use scrapbook. A short press just before drawing on the screen worked great. Just had to figure out which option to pick in LectureNotes to paste and the answer was to paste from special clipboard (or special something or other). The selected text flows into Rakein and that was my whole problem. I was just expecting it to go to the clipboard like on a regular computer.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington

Yep. I use it all the time. Just highlight what you want to move from one window to another and then long press it with S Pen or your mouse and drag it to the other window. Both apps have to support drag-and-drop but not all do. Most of Samsung's apps and those they include (EG: Hancom) do.

wingdo

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
Yep. I use it all the time. Just highlight what you want to move from one window to another and then long press it with S Pen or your mouse and drag it to the other window. Both apps have to support drag-and-drop but not all do. Most of Samsung's apps and those they include (EG: Hancom) do.

Totally unrelated to my question, but since the update, I cannot believe how much smoother these two are when both are running in multiwindow. For my A&P II class I also have HShow 2014 open and the three of them all run silky smooth.

Edit: So sorry, forgot I posted this in the 2014 forum. Disregard the above as it is about the 12.2 update.