increase screen brightness

Search This thread

qzmpal

Oct 6, 2012
Hi,
I have the Verizon Galaxy SGS3.
Here is the screen shot to give more info.

I'm trying to increase the brightness of the screen. I read in the below thread about editing the kernel and thereby increasing the brightness, but it did not mention about the latest update since, it is a old one.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/development/fix-real-brightness-fix-gs3-3-version-t1791163

I tried to enter some of the codes on the thread below, but it did not work either.
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/samsung-galaxy-s3-codes-secrets-t2098642

So can Any one guide me or help me, on how to increase the brightness on my screen.
I KNOW TO GO INTO SETTINGS-->DEVICE -->DISPLAY-->BRIGHTNESS---> UNCHECK AUTOMATIC BRIGHTNESS AND INCREASE THE BRIGHTNESS LEVEL TO MAXIMUM.
I ALREADY DID THAT.

To be precise, editing the kernel and increasing the brightness - just like rooting. ( You can't root Your phone with a App or some setting.) obviously, You have to connect Your phone to Your computer and do some stuff. So, on those lines, can anyone guide me on how to increase the brightness??)

I'm searching and if someone gives me some useful info. it will be great.

Thank You.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-23-22-41-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-23-22-41-55.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 82

jhoutz

Jul 5, 2012
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. If you are on the 4.3 OTA then you won't be able to change anything about the kernel.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

qzmpal

Oct 6, 2012
Looks like your on the 4.3 OTA based on the screenshot. Are you trying to create an easier way to adjust the brightness?

Nothing of that sort. I just want to increase the screen brightness.
Just like for a Processor, which is actually locked, and by doing some changes/process/modifications, the speed of the processor can be increased by 10-15%,
similarly, I'm trying to increase the brightness of the display.