[Q] Need Help - Tried to S-Off with DirtyRacun

Search This thread

dante042

Mar 19, 2011
Hey all,

I just tried to gain S-Off by using DirtyRacun. Everything went smoothly up until it got to "Is that a corndog?" at which point it hung and just generated periods. I've been trying to use RacunHunter, but with no luck. It just says "Waiting for device" and keeps pumping out periods. My phone is currently a complete brick and won't respond to anything.

Any advice?

dante042

Mar 19, 2011
My phone is at least trying to respond this morning, though it's slow as hell. Fastboot shows my HBoot as 1.19.0001, and I have posted pictures of my software info screen. Let me know if you can't read them and I'll write the info out.

Attachments

• IMG_20140808_111608.jpg
    IMG_20140808_111608.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 1407518380231.jpg
    1407518380231.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 27
G

GuestK0087

My phone is at least trying to respond this morning, though it's slow as hell. Fastboot shows my HBoot as 1.19.0001, and I have posted pictures of my software info screen. Let me know if you can't read them and I'll write the info out.

Try facepalm. That method works for your software version and it's very easy to use.

dante042

Mar 19, 2011
Definitely go with Facepalm. Much easier to use and takes less than five minutes from start to finish.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2163013

Also, take a look at post #11 of the thread below.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=

Your second link doesn't work. Thanks for the link to Facepalm though.

Sounds Facepalm is the way to go. My phone has been operational all day, no restarts or hard locks, but I haven't exactly been playing with it all day.

G

GuestK0087

Your second link doesn't work. Thanks for the link to Facepalm though.

Sounds Facepalm is the way to go. My phone has been operational all day, no restarts or hard locks, but I haven't exactly been playing with it all day.

Have you succeeded in getting S-off?

dante042

Mar 19, 2011
So i've been trying to use the HTC Unbrick Project to get my phone back, but when I try to run the code in the last step, it throws back the following: "./emmc_recover: --backupafter: unknown option". Does anyone know why that would be?

EDIT: I posted this here because the last activity of the HTC Unbrick Project thread is from December 2013. I figured I could get better help here, rather than an old thread. Let me know if I should post there instead.

Last edited:

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Might want to see whether or not the OP of the Unbrick Project applies to your current situation, first off.

"Note: This will fix only devices which were bricked by turning S ON. And bricks caused by a damaged hboot via interrupted OTA update/RUU flash on a S-ON device. Any devices bricked with other ways are currently *not* supported."

dante042

Mar 19, 2011
I'm not really sure what caused the turn off, which is a problem. I think it tried to say that there was an update available, and then shut off, but I can't really remember. I'm hoping that this could fix it.

Either way, the issue I just mentioned has to do with the program, not my phone.

dante042

Mar 19, 2011
So I got my phone back up and running, but it won't go into fastboot. Every time I try to boot into fastboot, it skips the initial HTC screen and continues as though it were booting normally. I assume that means my HBoot is corrupt, but I don't know how to fix that.

dante042

Mar 19, 2011
I could not find that option, and I wondered if that might have been it. Thanks! Now I get to root this thing and try facepalm.

dante042

Mar 19, 2011
Alright! Finally succeeded in getting S-Off with Facepalm. I have run the official RUU for 3.16.651.16 and then got the OTA update to 3.16.651.3. I had to call Customer Service to fix an Error 16, but it works now.

I guess the question now is, is it worth upgrading to 4.13? I know it's not hard, but downgrading seems like a pain if I don't like it or it doesn't work well.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that it's pretty easy if I use VipeRUU or even the stock RUU. Thanks for all of the help guys!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does the phone boot to the operating system? If so, go to Menu>Settings>Power and make sure that Fastboot isn't checked.