Sonys DK25 charging dock for the Xperia V is available in January.

Search This thread

Erica Law

Apr 4, 2013
Singapore
The dock is just $70 in Singapore. So it should be around RM140. Buying it for a higher price means you got scammed.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk 2

Steven How

Apr 14, 2011
The dock is just $70 in Singapore. So it should be around RM140. Buying it for a higher price means you got scammed.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk 2

Do you know where we can order it? Since I dont really travel out of country. It's kind of hard to me.

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app

blue-spiderfire

Feb 19, 2012
Muenster
wooden handmade dock

I tinkered a wooden charging dock. Therefore i bought pogo pins, a DC power supply. Pieces of wood, glue, solder and needed tools I found in my father's garage :D.

I decided to take:
a 5V/DC power supply with a current of 2000mA and 10W ~10€
Pogo pins: F70211B130G015 by German brand Feinmetall ~ 4€ pair

The pogo pins have a low spring force of 15cN. If I remember physic lessens well and my considerations are true you shouldn't go with much higher spring force. I soldered them on a piece of circuit board and fixed it at the frame. It works great and charges fast as you would aspect with 2A.

It's not that devastating to interchange the polarity - the phone reboots.

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20130605245543623b.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20130605245543623b.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 1,359
  • CameraZOOM-20130605245810234b.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20130605245810234b.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 1,220
  • IMG_20130601_153116b.jpg
    IMG_20130601_153116b.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 1,397
Reactions: tiktok1

rocky1607

Feb 11, 2013
Hello everyone at XDA. Could you give exact dimensions, you need to make the dock like yours? I would like to do the same for my SXV.

blue-spiderfire

Feb 19, 2012
Muenster
I'm sorry I don't have the paper with dimensions, I forgot it at my parents place. But it's easy, you've got a xperia V and you can measure it with a caliper gauge. The design depends on your preferences and the available pieces of wood.
Feel free to create your own!
Try to build the dock by enclosing the phone step by step. Thats the way i did it.

tiktok1

Jun 28, 2009
I tinkered a wooden charging dock. Therefore i bought pogo pins, a DC power supply. Pieces of wood, glue, solder and needed tools I found in my father's garage :D.

I decided to take:
a 5V/DC power supply with a current of 2000mA and 10W ~10€
Pogo pins: F70211B130G015 by German brand Feinmetall ~ 4€ pair

The pogo pins have a low spring force of 15cN. If I remember physic lessens well and my considerations are true you shouldn't go with much higher spring force. I soldered them on a piece of circuit board and fixed it at the frame. It works great and charges fast as you would aspect with 2A.

It's not that devastating to interchange the polarity - the phone reboots.

Thanks for the pogo pin tip.

I've ordered a smiliar pair
http://uk.farnell.com/feinmetall/f70211b130g130/probe-spring-contact/dp/1313729

I'll mount these in a piece of wood so the higher spring force should'nt be a problem, then I though I'd wire them up to a female micro usb port so I can use the standard sony charger.

mykelpogi

Jul 27, 2013
diy sony dock for xperia v

does anybody has plans on making a DIY charging dock? since i bought a nillkin case for mine, my phone will not fit in the regular charging dock. i'm thinking of something that uses elastic bands to hold it while charging. needs to be pretty compact so you can still take it anywhere.

check this out :)

xperia v diy dock charger

you will need the following:

1 usb to micro cable (if its used, its better for you will not be disappointed if you modify it :)
1 universal battery dock charger (choose a pin type, its the best)
case of xperia v preferrably plastic (this will be the holder)
glue gun
candle and small screw (for pinching purposes)

steps:

first the charger
the red wire is the positive i think..it will be connected to the top hole copper of xperia v.. and the black is the negative it will be at the bottom.. the other wires..just forget it.. if its wrong the phone will shutdown (its okay.. my phone dies many times as i perfect the connection but its working fine)

try the connections before you proceed to the next step

second cut the case top portion to be able to fit the phone with the jellycase or any other case you use

third.. attached the charger with the case as i did with the picture...with glue gun to cover all wires exposed

then connect the charger to your original sony charger..

finish :)

Attachments

• 998050_462438933853118_160677708_n.jpg
    998050_462438933853118_160677708_n.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 909

ayekhine

Apr 5, 2009
check this out :)

xperia v diy dock charger

you will need the following:

1 usb to micro cable (if its used, its better for you will not be disappointed if you modify it :)
1 universal battery dock charger (choose a pin type, its the best)
case of xperia v preferrably plastic (this will be the holder)
glue gun
candle and small screw (for pinching purposes)

steps:

first the charger
the red wire is the positive i think..it will be connected to the top hole copper of xperia v.. and the black is the negative it will be at the bottom.. the other wires..just forget it.. if its wrong the phone will shutdown (its okay.. my phone dies many times as i perfect the connection but its working fine)

try the connections before you proceed to the next step

second cut the case top portion to be able to fit the phone with the jellycase or any other case you use

third.. attached the charger with the case as i did with the picture...with glue gun to cover all wires exposed

then connect the charger to your original sony charger..

finish :)

Hi, thanks for the info. I just want to clarify before I start doing mine. So basically, it is just normal wall charger with usb cable connected to the exposed power pin at the side of the phone?

Spotja

Feb 1, 2013
Johannesburg
Bought my XV on the first of June. Unboxed my XV and walah!! There was the dock. The XV has been available down here in South Africa, I think from Q1-Q2 2013 and they all come with the dock:D

Spotja

Feb 1, 2013
Johannesburg
yeah... i think its too expensive for a plastic....

Yeah, 50 USD is too much. But the dock is quite handy especially for late night's after clubbing:p. It's a pain in the ass having to open the flaps to insert the micro-usb to charge. I even set it to automatically connect to my Bluetooth speakers and the party continues:D

Lanka007

Sep 27, 2010
Colombo
cheap charging dock for xperia V

Buy a Xperia Z charing dock fro m EBAY.... saw off the 2 ends....grind the back a little.......will charge your xperia v perfectly..cost 8 US$ + 30 min work....Sony take that for unjust profiteering from charging dock...

tiktok1

Jun 28, 2009
Buy a Xperia Z charing dock fro m EBAY.... saw off the 2 ends....grind the back a little.......will charge your xperia v perfectly..cost 8 US$ + 30 min work....Sony take that for unjust profiteering from charging dock...

Interesting idea, do you have any pics?
How did you 'grind' the back?

iHeymanth

May 30, 2013
Vizag

hey c'mon man just respond and help us here . dock is indeed for me

show the tutorial the make it work for xperia v ! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I too made my own DIY charging dock.
    Since DK25 dock is too expensive ( about 55 $ in Ebay ) i thought to build one on my own

So i bought these two from Ebay

the DK26 replacement dock ( about 8 $ )

2302449-1.jpg

And plastic hard case cover ( about 2 $ )

Untitled.png

I dissembled the Dk26 replacement dock and took out the circuit and attached that to the hard case using super glue.

So here's the out come

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

And it does charge the phone :laugh::laugh::good::good:
    And here is a screenshot

Screenshot_2013_10_18_19_38_32.png

I would like to thank all the members who have posted guides on making DIY charging dock in this thread. It's you that inspired me to build mine,
    This whole process must have costed me about 11 $ ( i have saved 40+ $ ) But the most important thing is the fun i had during the process and the satisfaction after seeing it work is priceless
    A nice way to make a dock for Xperia V

I found it for 8$ but how do u modify the dock for xperia v?

sent from xda pro
    Sony Xperia™ V (White)
    make.believe!

I am happy that I found this thread because I wanted to share my easy solution.
    Personally I find the price of the original dock DK25 unreasonably high!

So I found the same cheap dock for Xperia Z (couldn't post the link here since it's my first post)
    It has a removable plastic plate for allowing docking a Xperia Z with a case.
    Removing this plate makes the thickness proper for the Xperia V.
    Moreover the side position of the phone matches exactly the pin positions on the dock (and with the correct polarity).

So basically the only necessary modification takes less than a minute.
    it's the removal of two small plastic pieces which are designed for a tighter fit in the case of Z but push the V out of the dock.
    These can be removed easily by pushing them down/inside the dock using a screwdriver.

BTW I already have two of them - one for home and the other attached to the cup holder in my car allowing me to use it for navigation.
    You can use the dock for the xperia Z, which has a detachable spacer so the Z can fit with a bumper case around.
    If you remove the spacer the V fits in if you align it to the right side.
    You have to buy the dock with the spacer, otherwise the V does not fit in.
    anyone here from malaysia? im searching for this charging dock also.
    Look at this Guys!
    DOCK STATION / OTG AND CHARGING

Just Buy a Female Micro USB port
    Attach Two Cable to the 1 and 4 Line of the USB Port (+5V and Ground)