[24-09-09]2D/3D Driver Development for MSM720X devices (need new projectmanager)

Search This thread

boody_boo

Oct 1, 2010
what about htc touch 2??

can it have Open GL ES driver ??

can i run TouchFLO 3D on it ??

please help

gera229

Jan 3, 2011
Are these better than At0mAng drivers (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=546522)? Or are they similar? How much better/ worse if so?
Some people have been having problems with this neo driver with g sensor and opera, does it still exist? While they had no problems at all with At0mAng drivers (Correct me if I'm wrong? And list possible problems you heard, experiences, or know.). What improvements are made in this one and are they noticeable from At0mAng drivers? Any benefits/reasons to use this instead of At0mAng's driver?

Also will combining d3d driver as stated do any performance difference? By how much?

Which one would you recommend overall?

Last edited:

tsalta

Dec 25, 2008
London
Are these better than At0mAng drivers (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=546522)? Or are they similar? How much better/ worse if so?
Some people have been having problems with this neo driver with g sensor and opera, does it still exist? While they had no problems at all with At0mAng drivers (Correct me if I'm wrong? And list possible problems you heard, experiences, or know.). What improvements are made in this one and are they noticeable from At0mAng drivers? Any benefits/reasons to use this instead of At0mAng's driver?

Also will combining d3d driver as stated do any performance difference? By how much?

Which one would you recommend overall?

Gara you need to chek out Blackstone ROM development and you will recive the answers for your Questions..
Befor long time i did a Becnhmark test of all avalible Drivers etc they are posted in the thread and from my expiriencie and not only i can say with sure that NEOs Drivers are the best one avalible at this moment and maybe forever because nobody is wiling to start new project or create something new :) all peoples move to other devices Android etc so... if you want best drivers just NEO driver pack is for you
On the same time from 2 years i use Neos drivers and i never had a problem with G senzor or Opera .. and everytime my device just working fine...
chek out the Thread im talking about and see for yourself :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=442712

gera229

Jan 3, 2011
goodthings2life cleanup includes at0mgs driver, if i install neo's will it be bad to have 2 drivers? i cannot uninstall the one i have unless i uninstall the entire cleanup and i dont want to do that.
by the way how much better is neo's? I mean lights.exe is working without any noticeable lag at all.:)

Reactions: highKo

NeoS

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 27, 2008
Somewhere in NL
I can't say my driver is better, since I never tested others. But I do know that this driverpack includes all available graphics supported files. OpenGL ES (cm and cl) and OpenVG are in the pack, also, I believe the files used are the latest available.

I'm glad most people with a blackstone, topaz and touch pro 2 use this pack, and that most chefs still include it in their roms.

Thanks guys.

gera229

Jan 3, 2011
if i install neo's will it be bad to have 2 drivers? I don't have a touch 2 I have a touch pro 2(If theres a difference).

iRiKi

Jul 27, 2007
Lisbon
Befor long time i did a Becnhmark test of all avalible Drivers etc they are posted in the thread

Hello, can you please give the address of your bench?? I looked everywhere but couldn't find it..

Just a small status update: i've got myself a nexus one. awesome device, way faster and more stable than Windows mobile.

Well I haven't even left my Diamond bandwagon LOLZ but if I buy another phone, it will certainly be an android. HTC screwing over and over and over again means no more money to them! teh noobz0rdz.. :mad:

Thanks for all the hard work btw Neo ;)

Quincux

Jul 19, 2010
Santiago
thanks for your job NeoS2007. The file at the first post is the lastest version of your driver (NeoS2007_Driverpack_3.cab)

dany547

Feb 8, 2008
Iași
www.geekchronicles.ro
===================================================
Developing a graphics driver for Windows Mobile Wiki
Now, the goal of this thread is to unite the different driver threads on different device forums. I've seen alot of good stuff going on but the info is too spreaded.

So, here's a list of threads discussing / devving a driver or performance:

====================================================
Testing Team
Let's get these MSM devices performing the way they should! What we need is people who know about OpenGL ES and the Windows Mobile OS, and willing to contribute in development. We're currently testing the Twin's Libgles_cm.dll combined with OpenVG and Ati drivers. With that, there's also Windows Mobile 7 coming, with probably updated drivers and core. All these factors need to be taken in account, and that's what we're currently researching.
OpenVG
This new 2D hardware driver development started by Khronos for mobile devices in 2008. Currently, we've managed to get a few files from the Quartz which seem to enable the openVG capabilities in the Xperia, and the Diamond seems affected by it. It seems heavily dependable on DDI so it may or may not work with your device.

UPDATED 24-09-09 - NeoS2007 Driver pack 3:
Installation: Disable Manila or Titanium before installing the cabfile. It's to make sure there are no files in use when copying the files. If you have an older version of the driverpack installed, best thing to do is a hard-reset. I know, it sucks. But believe me, it's best for your device.
Reported working devices so far: HTC Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch HD, Touch Pro 2, Touch Diamond 2 and Sony Ericsson X1.

Test OpenGL (now with different resolutions!): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=511363

i tryed this open VG driver on my Kaiser and it works pretty well,but when i put my device to sleep(when i press the power button) the driver is disabled,it doesnt accelerate the graphics no more :-s...what is the problem?

Last edited:

dany547

Feb 8, 2008
Iași
www.geekchronicles.ro
i'd targeted the problem,when i align the screen the OpenVG drivers starts to work on My Kaiser but lets say i restart the device, i have to realign the screen to get them to work again.:mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Developing a graphics driver for Windows Mobile Wiki
    Now, the goal of this thread is to unite the different driver threads on different device forums. I've seen alot of good stuff going on but the info is too spreaded.

So, here's a list of threads discussing / devving a driver or performance:

Testing Team
    Let's get these MSM devices performing the way they should! What we need is people who know about OpenGL ES and the Windows Mobile OS, and willing to contribute in development. We're currently testing the Twin's Libgles_cm.dll combined with OpenVG and Ati drivers. With that, there's also Windows Mobile 7 coming, with probably updated drivers and core. All these factors need to be taken in account, and that's what we're currently researching.
    OpenVG
    This new 2D hardware driver development started by Khronos for mobile devices in 2008. Currently, we've managed to get a few files from the Quartz which seem to enable the openVG capabilities in the Xperia, and the Diamond seems affected by it. It seems heavily dependable on DDI so it may or may not work with your device.

UPDATED 24-09-09 - NeoS2007 Driver pack 3:
    Installation: Disable Manila or Titanium before installing the cabfile. It's to make sure there are no files in use when copying the files. If you have an older version of the driverpack installed, best thing to do is a hard-reset. I know, it sucks. But believe me, it's best for your device.
    Reported working devices so far: HTC Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch HD, Touch Pro 2, Touch Diamond 2 and Sony Ericsson X1.

Test OpenGL (now with different resolutions!): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=511363
    goodthings2life cleanup includes at0mgs driver, if i install neo's will it be bad to have 2 drivers? i cannot uninstall the one i have unless i uninstall the entire cleanup and i dont want to do that.
    by the way how much better is neo's? I mean lights.exe is working without any noticeable lag at all.:)