[Q] How to open up Gtablet

Search This thread

cjackxiii

Aug 11, 2010
I removed the 4 screws underneath the rubber feet and was wondering what was the easiest way to open up the exterior shell without damaging anything. I understand, by reading the tear down thread, there are 3 clip on each side. Any detailed instruction on how you did it and what you used would be greatly appreciated.

Im currently trying to fix the headphone jack that only outputs through on channel and causes various programs to think that headphones are being plugged in and taken out. It also prevents any sound to escape the exterior speakers unless pressure is applied. Since I'm use my Gtab to take notes for school so I can't part with it for 3+ weeks.

Also does anyone know if the drivers for the hardware are natively in android or are they baked in by the manufacturer?

-Thanks, Oscar

Reactions: xguju

katmandu421

Sep 8, 2008
Denver
I just opened mine up this weekend. I would suggest starting on the lower left corner as you hold the tablet in normal landscape orientation and work your way towards the dock port with a plastic pry tool...I used a spatula :) Continue carefully around and your all good.

y2k-inc

Feb 20, 2011
When screws are removed, try pulling by hand in each coiner to see which one comes loose, when you got one, use a plastic opening tools and pry the back out slowly, if you don't have a tools, use a credit card (the expired one is better ... lol) will be fine.

gymshu1a

Mar 30, 2011
Can't find the clips

Hi, I just cracked my power jack. I need to open mine.
I still can't find the three clips on each side.
Do you have a picture/vid or any site I can refer to?
Thanks

NeoMatrixJR

Jun 25, 2009
Any way to remove the rubber feet/caps without destroying them so they can be put back in? The power jack is going bad in my tab and I have a feeling I'm going to need to attempt repairs soon :( .

themsn

Sep 21, 2007
for me, the easiest way was to open the flap for the microusb slot (and full size USB port location) and pull apart from there. That point gave me the best leverage to get it apart and then I moved around the tablet to open it up.

good luck!

lanegd01

Nov 4, 2010
Use credit card or similar to run around the gap. This worked well from me

Sent from my T2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I removed the 4 screws underneath the rubber feet and was wondering what was the easiest way to open up the exterior shell without damaging anything. I understand, by reading the tear down thread, there are 3 clip on each side. Any detailed instruction on how you did it and what you used would be greatly appreciated.

Im currently trying to fix the headphone jack that only outputs through on channel and causes various programs to think that headphones are being plugged in and taken out. It also prevents any sound to escape the exterior speakers unless pressure is applied. Since I'm use my Gtab to take notes for school so I can't part with it for 3+ weeks.

Also does anyone know if the drivers for the hardware are natively in android or are they baked in by the manufacturer?

-Thanks, Oscar