[ROM][4/13/11] TeamVillain presents...SenseGinger 2.3/Sense (v3.0)

Search This thread

HomerSp

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 5, 2010
Stockholm
I, and Team Villain, are proud to present you with the third major release of the SenseGinger ROM. This is completely rebased on the latest Vision RUU, so most if not everything should be working as well as you would expect from a Sense rom.
It also includes a couple of my own tweaks and fixes as illustrated below in the screenshots.

Now on to the release. As you might expect there are a couple of things that are not working, some being more critical than others. I'll try to keep the list below as up-to-date as possible, so please read that before reporting any bugs.

As always a picture says more than a thousand words, so here are some screenshots:

v3.0:
Buttons.jpg PerformanceSettings.png PowerOptions.jpg QuickSettings.png UninstallMode.jpg

Changelog
v3.0:
* Rebased on latest Vision RUU leak
* Fixed camcorder
* Fixed card mail widget
* Fixed USB and wireless tether
* Added keep home in memory option
* Added changeable left and right buttons (long-press them to change)

Known issues:
* Wifi calling is not included and does not work (this is due to a system lib)
* No overclock
* No TP wake
* Amber LED turns on randomly
* FC in dialer

Install instructions
1. Boot into recovery (adb reboot recovery ... or Hold camera and press power)
2. Perform a FULL DATA/CACHE WIPE (this may not be necessary if you come from SenseGinger v2.x)
3. Install Zip from SD Card, and select SenseGinger-v3.0.zip

Patches
-

Download links
ROM: http://villainrom.co.uk/releases/g2/SenseGinger3.0/download.php

Last edited:

KeeperOfThePizza

Sep 16, 2010
Do i have to fast boot? Cant i just add to the SDcard and open up rom manager and install from sdcard?

izanagi

May 1, 2008
wooohoooo!!! cant wait!

YAY Villain! CONGRATS for the awesome work you do and sorry you've been busy but as always it's greatly appreciated!

EDIT:
man this thing is huuuuuge. 176 megs? yummy.

EDIT (again):
Can confirm this is working nicely! My HTC launcher (bottom bar on the home screen) was compressed and looked all funky (looked like the images weren't aligned correctly) but is back to normal after a reboot. Woohoo!

EDIT (bug):
_ - the question mark button on the hardware keyboard does not work

Last edited:

Vandam500

Apr 7, 2010
Oh wow Sense with 2.3, I will definitely be flashing this bad boy. Thanks for your hard work!

RiTZiE_CDN

Nov 17, 2007
Sweet!!! I'm flashing this right away and will try it out.

I can't wait until bluetooth is working!

G1ForFun

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 1, 2010
Congrats on getting a 2.3 sense rom out :D

How does it compare speed wise to 2.2 sense? Any difference?

dustrho

Sep 21, 2009
Oswego, IL
twitter.com
Downloading right now and will flash afterward. Cannot wait to see this in action. Thanks for putting it together, and looking forward to seeing future updates with it.

izanagi

May 1, 2008
arrrg..... the missing question mark in the hardware keyboard!!! it seems like this button isn't mapped to anything..

I happen to ask a lot of questions when I text message... questions like:

anyone know a way to fix this?

G1ForFun

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 1, 2010
arrrg..... the missing question mark in the hardware keyboard!!! it seems like this button isn't mapped to anything..

I happen to ask a lot of questions when I text message... questions like:

anyone know a way to fix this?

Hahaha, well, pushing keychar layouts from sense roms that do have all the keys mapped should work just fine.

I don't wanna write a book in this thread about it, but I googled it when I was learning and now I can always get my keyboard working on almost any rom..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I, and Team Villain, are proud to present you with the third major release of the SenseGinger ROM. This is completely rebased on the latest Vision RUU, so most if not everything should be working as well as you would expect from a Sense rom.
    It also includes a couple of my own tweaks and fixes as illustrated below in the screenshots.

Now on to the release. As you might expect there are a couple of things that are not working, some being more critical than others. I'll try to keep the list below as up-to-date as possible, so please read that before reporting any bugs.

As always a picture says more than a thousand words, so here are some screenshots:

v3.0:
    Buttons.jpg PerformanceSettings.png PowerOptions.jpg QuickSettings.png UninstallMode.jpg

Changelog
    v3.0:
    * Rebased on latest Vision RUU leak
    * Fixed camcorder
    * Fixed card mail widget
    * Fixed USB and wireless tether
    * Added keep home in memory option
    * Added changeable left and right buttons (long-press them to change)

Known issues:
    * Wifi calling is not included and does not work (this is due to a system lib)
    * No overclock
    * No TP wake
    * Amber LED turns on randomly
    * FC in dialer

Install instructions
    1. Boot into recovery (adb reboot recovery ... or Hold camera and press power)
    2. Perform a FULL DATA/CACHE WIPE (this may not be necessary if you come from SenseGinger v2.x)
    3. Install Zip from SD Card, and select SenseGinger-v3.0.zip

Patches
    -

Download links
    ROM: http://villainrom.co.uk/releases/g2/SenseGinger3.0/download.php
    I'll try to finish and release 3.0 tomorrow :)
    Do i have to fast boot? Cant i just add to the SDcard and open up rom manager and install from sdcard?
    Fastboot is for when flashing the recovery, if you already have CWM 3.0 you can skip that part and just flash the rom.
    2.1 is out! See first post for changelog and download :D